RD 3, Pick 91: LB Dorian Williams, Tulane

SDS

As some pundits observe, he'll need to be protected a bit more than Edmunds needed because of his size.  He's smaller and won't present that big obstacle in the middle of the field QBs had to throw over in Edmunds.  The plus side of it is he's faster than Edmunds and instinctive where Edmunds sometimes had difficulty.  I'm not writing off Bernard or Dodson in the competition.  I think Specter's ceiling is a backup role and special teams.  Williams might also have value in a big nickel role is Buffalo wanted to play him that way.

2 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Automatic F minus for this pick JFC never let this bozo draft another LB

C'mon. We needed OLB who can cover too. Matt gets hurt sometimes and it isn't clear that Bernard is all that good. It's better than reaching. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Ya Milano in the 5th was really bad

Lol were you here when he was drafted?  I was maybe he only outspoken fan. Id tell everyone he was better and more important than Edmunds after their first seasons. Milano was a gem, rarity.

Sorry if I don't trust this team scouting defensive box players. 

Trying to not be annoyed because the first 2 picks were amazing but man we crapped the bed in the 3rd round. Who gives a rip if LBers were flying off the board. Stick to your BPA model. Is Williams going to really contribute any more than some special teams snaps? Probably not. You still have special players with high upside in Clark Phillips III and Michael Wilson on the board and a lot of O line that can compete for starting spots like Zavala and D Jones…just underwhelmed that Beane got suckered there. He’s been bad in the 3rd round

• Like (+1) 1

Really wish we had moved up a bit and gotten Trenton Simpson. Would have been insane to get 3 players who were mocked to us at 27.

If he's an OLB that plays Special Teams, I'm really not a fan of the pick. 3rd Round has been a head scratcher 2 years in a row.

But if he's good and proves to be a solid Backup to Milano - I'll be thrilled.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This was not a BPA pick, this was a need pick. But honestly I think I'm okay with it. It's a weak draft and we have to ensure Terrel Bernard isn't our starting MLB.

Nevermind, Beane said we drafted him to be an OLB and special teamer. I hate it.

16 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

What a wet fart dud.

Another safety playing linebacker.

Dewand Jones must have a medical flag because that was our chance to rid ourselves of Spencer Brown. 

Dewand jones has been said to be lazy and unmotivated. Not a Process guy. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.