RD 2, Pick 59: G O’Cyrus Torrence, Florida

SDS

I’m sure this was probably answered already, but I couldn’t go through 25 pages to look for it…

But was it said why the guy fell so far if he was an all-American?

I can’t help but be reminded of Cody Ford when everyone thought he was a first round talent who fell to us in the 2nd…And then we found out why the rest of the league let him fall…

So if anyone has any insight why this guy fell, it would be greatly appreciated…👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, JaCrispy said:

I’m sure this was probably answered already, but I couldn’t go through 25 pages to look for it…

I can’t help but be reminded of Cody Ford when everyone thought he was a first round talent who fell to us in the 2nd…And then we found out why the rest of the league let him fall…

So if anyone has any insight why this guy fell, it would be greatly appreciated…👍

He is limited to guard only. Teams value positional flexibility. So do the Bills, but they were right, expecially at 59, to take the fella that can man one spot for the next 10 years.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Either one works for me. Can we put the two together?

Kind of like the old "bowling ball with butcher knives?"

The grading power of Orlando Pace with the grating power of Conrad Dobler

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Torrence lacks mobility in the sense that you can’t really count on him to be a big time pulling Guard.   He’s also ONLY a Guard.  He’s not going to play Center and he’s not going to be a Tackle.  

What he is, is a guy who will dominate his man in the run game and will anchor and protect Josh Allen in the pass game. 

We have an Offensive Line full of RAS All-Stars who are mobile, with position flex.  We can afford to finally make the investment on a pure Guard who can be an All-Pro at his position.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Hopefully they learned their lesson with Cody and keep him focused on guard only. 

To me that was always a problem with both coaching and player. On the one hand they really never allowed him to come in and stick to learning/getting reps in one spot. The kinda jerked him all over a bit.

On the other hand, Ford never made any spot they did try him in "his" spot. That shouldn't be an issue with Torrence. He should slide in at RG and stay there for a loooong time.

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

I hope they put Torrence on the right side next to Brown.

Damien Harris running behind those two will be fun to watch... Cook and Hines too.

They have to keep him at RG, at least as a rookie.  One less thing for him to have to worry about (i.e. switching sides).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

They have to keep him at RG, at least as a rookie.  One less thing for him to have to worry about (i.e. switching sides).

I agree. I do think that playing both sides is not a huge deal but in this case having a guy who just started his last 34 college games at RG moving to another spot makes no sense. He did play a bunch of left guard his freshmen year,  but imo just plug him in at RG after he earns it. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Steal of the draft at pick 59. Could be an all pro guard for years to come. 

agreed. Very excited about this pick. If we had gotten a massive OT to put next to him I would have been over the moon.

If 6’8 375 Dawand Jones becomes an All Pro like he could, we’ll have to live with taking another undersized LB in the 3rd over him.

Dang, would have loved seeing him and Cyborg next to each other

can you imagine designed runs with Josh behind those 2? Oh man 1,000 lbs coming downhill at you like boulders

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Who said:
7 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

He is limited to guard only.

Yes. The mgt sometimes has over covet a flexible OL positions but kudos for mgt to just wake, realize a guy that does one thing well and for years. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.