Airport Travel

Riverboat Ritchie

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Oh, how I wish we had a Wegmans near us. Is that a strange thing to wish for? I’m in a grocery store 5-6 days a week. 

Add me to the "Wishing there was a Wegmans Near me club"

Alas I highly doubt there will be a Wegmans in WV as Krogers rules the roost.

I have flown twice to MCO and both times were a pain.

On 4/23/2023 at 10:40 AM, NewEra said:

Orlando airport is the worst airport experience I’ve encountered.  Been there 4 times and every time, the lines for food are miles long. Wait to sit down in any eatery is an hour+.  The wait for the American Express club is an hour+  

I detest that airport. 

I actually like Orlando Airport, extremely efficient basically split into two, well-marked, great for on-site rental card, very efficient TSC, easy access for luggage.  I have no problem with the Airport, I think if it quite nice.  The OP is right, the bathroom capacity needs to be expanded.

I can think of a lot worse airports starting with Atlanta.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I actually like Orlando Airport, extremely efficient basically split into tyo, well-marked, great for on-site rental card, very efficient TSC, easy access for luggage.  I have no problem with the Airport, I think if it quite nice.  The OP is right, the bathroom capacity needs to be expanded.

Maybe I’ve just been there during peak days/times, but every time I’ve been there, the lines and wait times for anything were ridiculous.  

I agree, the rental car and baggage claim was efficient 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Publix is awesome dude. A Pub Sub is as good as any Wegmans sub. I also came back from FL yesterday and Publix is a go store. They have my back. Subs, rotisserie chickens and anything you need. Love Wegmans, but also love Publix in the absence of Wegmans.

Hey, Publix is my go to in FL, but c'mon...  Tell me about the last time you sat down in a Publix and enjoyed a hot sub, a meal, or just relaxed and enjoyed a cup of coffee with some awesome baked goods or other interesting treats you find at a Wegman's cafe.  It's not even on the same plane of existence.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

Hey, Publix is my go to in FL, but c'mon...  Tell me about the last time you sat down in a Publix and enjoyed a hot sub, a meal, or just relaxed and enjoyed a cup of coffee with some awesome baked goods or other interesting treats you find at a Wegman's cafe.  It's not even on the same plane of existence.

I think the Publix subs are pretty darn good. And some of the new Publix going up have a bunch of take-out food options with indoor / outdoor seating cafes. Hot bar, salad bar, pizza bar, burrito bowls and a sushi bar with in-store Starbucks. Prices are a bit high. I guess that's true everywhere, but I can spend 150 bucks and barely fill the bottom of the cart. 

2 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I think the Publix subs are pretty darn good. And some of the new Publix going up have a bunch of take-out food options with indoor / outdoor seating cafes. Hot bar, salad bar, pizza bar, burrito bowls and a sushi bar with in-store Starbucks. Prices are a bit high. I guess that's true everywhere, but I can spend 150 bucks and barely fill the bottom of the cart. 

No issues with PubSubs.  I eat far too many for my own good.  I just prefer Wegman's subs to them.  Some of the additions you mentioned are excellent steps.  I'll look forward to seeing some of those improvements arrive into the Sarasota region.  

6 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

No issues with PubSubs.  I eat far too many for my own good.  I just prefer Wegman's subs to them.  Some of the additions you mentioned are excellent steps.  I'll look forward to seeing some of those improvements arrive into the Sarasota region.  

They just put up a new one in South Tampa. They literally tore down the old one and put up a new one in the same spot. Same footprint.

• Thank you (+1) 1

we took the kids to disney for the april break, and i saw a ton of bills gear.  i just figured it was more in tune to it that i noticed it, but there was a lot.  not a lot of calling out to each other though.  we all seemed to notice each other but not much said. 

and the orlando airport wasn't terrible.  flights were smooth, but my god the lines were long.  

17 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

@Augie, I know I’m getting old when the thought of getting a new Aldi less than 5 min from my house, or getting to stop in at the Lidl that opened 10 min away, brings a smile to my face 😅

The little pleasures in life are often underrated. 😋

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

Publix OWNS Sarasota, and pretty much every surrounding market. They are located about every 2 miles in any direction. They want to be sure nobody can break into “their turf”.  Publix is like a Hampton Inn to me. They will never “WOW” you, but they don’t disappoint, either. They are NOT cheap, however. When I realized I could get fish and other stuff cheaper at Whole Foods, that was eye opening. 

Kroger, on the other hand, has big swings in store quality. Some are fabulous, better than any Publix I’ve seen. Others, like the one closest to me, are dumps, and the calibre of staff is noticeably different. Pay those people and maybe throw in some dental insurance. 

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I actually like Orlando Airport, extremely efficient basically split into two, well-marked, great for on-site rental card, very efficient TSC, easy access for luggage.  I have no problem with the Airport, I think if it quite nice.  The OP is right, the bathroom capacity needs to be expanded.

So, the Orlando airport has something in common with The Ralph! 

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I live in Atlanta, and I wish I could fly out of almost anywhere else. The crowds, especially trying to get thru security, can be INSANE. Getting around is easy enough once you get inside, but getting in is a serious hassle. Even parking in ATL is a pain. The North and South garages are often full, so you have to build in more time in case you need to use the new(er) West garage and take the sky train in. Not difficult, but it will take more time if you have to use it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

plus a large at Publix is like 5 or 6 dollars cheaper than a Wegmans large.

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

plus a large at Publix is like 5 or 6 dollars cheaper than a Wegmans large.

I’m not a huge eater, and I VERY rarely do fast food, but I love Jersey Mike’s #5, and it’s super cheap. 

6 hours ago, cwater10 said:

This is fair but I tend to not eat at Wegmans. So the frills don't appeal to me but you are right about the seating areas. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, cwater10 said:

I'm a Budweys/Market in the Square fan myself. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/23/2023 at 11:25 AM, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Sitting in Orlando airport and just saw a flight from Buffalo land. At least half flight had Bills or other BLO gear on. I don’t live in WNY anymore and traveling home but usually always wear something BLO when traveling.  Don’t know if another fan base, maybe KC, travels like that. 

As an aside Orlando airport needs to drastically increase number of crappers. Nothing nastier than having to wait in line for a crapper in airport and when you sit down the seat is still warm. 

Go Bills. 

Airport bathrooms are among the most disgusting places on earth.  

On 4/23/2023 at 10:38 AM, LabattBlue said:

I am in the minority, but I don’t want random strangers yelling “Go Bills” at me, and I don’t want to yell “Go Bills” at them, when on vacation.  Therefore, I rarely wear Bills gear when outside of WNY. 

😂😂😂

I wore a bills shirt in Tampa Airport and got a Go Bills quite a bit. My wife was annoyed with it. Mind you now she drinks the Kool Aid like we all do since her college team stinks

• Haha (+1) 1

I usually wear something Bills or Sabres related when flying after reading about how some dude met Vanessa Williams just by wearing a Bills hat.  So far I have paid full price for all my drinks, got hit on by a dude (unrelated to Bills apparel), and some drunk Pats fan showed me his wrinkly tattoo.  But tomorrow is another day!

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Savage said:

As a Canadian, the fact that you need an armed Deputy, or an armed state trooper or an armed city police force patrolling your Publix, tells me all I need to know about south Florida.

That’s not just a south Florida thing. That’s a Publix thing. I think it’s mostly to discourage shoplifting. 

On 4/23/2023 at 11:38 AM, LabattBlue said:

I am in the minority, but I don’t want random strangers yelling “Go Bills” at me, and I don’t want to yell “Go Bills” at them, when on vacation.  Therefore, I rarely wear Bills gear when outside of WNY. 

😂😂😂

I'm with you.

And since I'm pretty much at the "get off my lawn" stage of life, I don’t even like going to Bills backers bars, or relatives' houses with a mini party going on, and jumping up & down, yelling & screaming after a score, high fiving each other, listening to the shout song, and cheering. The last one there...cheering...never made any sense to me because you're not at the game, so the recipients of your cheering can't hear you...it's akin to getting loud by yelling & screaming (in a bar) while the Bills opponents are on offense...THEY CAN'T HEAR YOU in both cases! LOL I just wanna watch the game and enjoy the action in relative peace and quiet.

• Like (+1) 1

• 7 months later...

It's always a heartwarming sight to see fans proudly representing their team, like the Buffalo Bills, even when they're far from home. Sports fans have a unique way of bringing a sense of camaraderie and community wherever they go, and it's a testament to the passion and loyalty of Bills fans. On the subject of Orlando airport, your observation about the restroom situation resonates with many travelers. Waiting in line for facilities can be frustrating, especially when you're eager to get on with your journey. For more tips on improving your overall airport travel experience, check out these details. They often provide insights and advice that can help make your trips more comfortable and efficient.

4 hours ago, Steinsman1981 said:

It's always a heartwarming sight to see fans proudly representing their team, like the Buffalo Bills, even when they're far from home. Sports fans have a unique way of bringing a sense of camaraderie and community wherever they go, and it's a testament to the passion and loyalty of Bills fans. On the subject of Orlando airport, your observation about the restroom situation resonates with many travelers. Waiting in line for facilities can be frustrating, especially when you're eager to get on with your journey. For more tips on improving your overall airport travel experience, check out these details. They often provide insights and advice that can help make your trips more comfortable and efficient.

Dear ChatGPT,

Thank you for the tips!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.