NFL draft rumors 2023

HappyDays

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I'd trust sources from my sons HS more than Walter Football. He's like the equivelant to Ecklund from Hockeybuzz

I get a similar reaction like this from somebody every single year. I don't know what the deal is with walterfootball.com that so many people have an immediate averse reaction to it, but Charlie Campbell knows his stuff. He isn't just making up crap.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I get a similar reaction like this from somebody every single year. I don't know what the deal is with walterfootball.com that so many people have an immediate averse reaction to it, but Charlie Campbell knows his stuff. He isn't just making up crap.

I should stop doing that, if you like Walter Football I shouldn't talk crap, my bad. I do like the rookies, senior bowl stuff and check it for the Bills draft visits also on occassion.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel2014
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

So you’re okay with the idea of Laporta in round 2 but I took Kraft in round two and you hated it. There ain’t much of a difference. Kraft is a better blocker and Laporta is a better pass catcher as it sits now but not by some wide margin 

Yea I don't know that I definitely am okay with LaPorta in round 2. But the more I watch of him the more I think there is untapped ceiling there. I don't think that with Kraft. I just think his upside as a receiver is limited. 

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Charlie is pretty plugged in. The website itself is borderline unusuable in this day in age but a Charlie Campbell rumour (especially at this kinda stage before we hit proper lying season) is always worth taking note of.

• Like (+1) 5

I've followed Campbell over the years and I take what he has to offer seriously given his track record.  He got the top 10 right last year and the top 8 right in 2021.  You can't do that without being connected.  As far as the Bills he usually will get the position drafted right in the first round (had us taking Booth Jr. last year) and sometimes the actual pick (Ed Oliver).  I wouldn't take this mock seriously though as it'll shift significantly over the next month.

12 hours ago, Rockinon said:

This was talked about yesterday by Brown and Tasker. They made good points in that why would the Cards release him? Ultimately it would save them maybe 8 mil. on the cap but they believe as do I, that some team will at least give them future assets so it would be foolish to get absolutely nothing in return.

If it was a 1 yr. 15 mil. deal teams would be lining up, but 2 or more yrs. at 40 plus and /or assets? 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Charlie is pretty plugged in. The website itself is borderline unusuable in this day in age but a Charlie Campbell rumour (especially at this kinda stage before we hit proper lying season) is always worth taking note of.

Exactly. Walter needs to get himself over to Squarespace and modernize that site. It’s hard to take anything seriously on a site that looks like a geocities site from 1998. Or just use Wordpress. Or even Google Sites.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, nosejob said:

This was talked about yesterday by Brown and Tasker. They made good points in that why would the Cards release him? Ultimately it would save them maybe 8 mil. on the cap but they believe as do I, that some team will at least give them future assets so it would be foolish to get absolutely nothing in return.

If it was a 1 yr. 15 mil. deal teams would be lining up, but 2 or more yrs. at 40 plus and /or assets? 

The cap consequences of releasing versus trading Hopkins is exactly nothing for the Cards. So unless they overplay their hand or Hopkins won’t work out a reasonable restructure/new contract with a team that is willing to trade for him, they’ll get something for him. Hopkins refusing to play ball with his contract could cause them to have to cut him. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

did Campbell pick the top 10 last year in their exact spot, or just who went in the top 10?   Either one is impressive. 

He mocked the exact top 10 including which team picked which player. I believe his only slip up was having the two Giants picks in the top 10, Thibodeaux and Neal, flip flopped.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Are the Bills planing on trading up? 

May not need to. Any WR aside from JSN may slide this year especially after Addison was smaller and slower than expected. Wouldn’t be surprised if he went after JSN, Flowers, and Johnston and if so that would be a coup for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Are the Bills planing on trading up? 

I hope so. Or trade out of the 1st completely. There are so few guys coming out this year with actual 1st round grades that if they pick at 27 it will likely be a reach.

If a player they like slips to the early 20s I would suspect Beane to be aggressive and move up...especially if they are down to the last guy on their board with a 1st round grade...much like Elam last year.

13 minutes ago, LEBills said:

May not need to. Any WR aside from JSN may slide this year especially after Addison was smaller and slower than expected. Wouldn’t be surprised if he went after JSN, Flowers, and Johnston and if so that would be a coup for the Bills.

My preferred scenario is one of JSN, Addison, or Flowers is there at 27. 🤞

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.