NFL draft rumors 2023

HappyDays

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

My preferred scenario is one of JSN, Addison, or Flowers is there at 27. 🤞

I agree on JSN or Addison. I actually think the Patriots are going to take Flowers in the first which is a death knell for that poor guy haha. 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

That dog's taste in WR is a curse.

The only thing that may save Flowers from that fate is Belichicks white hot hatred for Mac Jones haha.

But they coached Flowers at the East West Shrine, local college guy, loyal by never leaving crappy BC, good all around kid so I think he winds up there unfortunately for him.

2 minutes ago, LEBills said:

The only thing that may save Flowers from that fate is Belichicks white hot hatred for Mac Jones haha.

But they coached Flowers at the East West Shrine, local college guy, loyal by never leaving crappy BC, good all around kid so I think he winds up there unfortunately for him.

Hopefully he didn't play lacross.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LEBills said:

I agree on JSN or Addison. I actually think the Patriots are going to take Flowers in the first which is a death knell for that poor guy haha. 

Not sure if I’d rather give Jones someone who is a good separator or someone who is a contested catch guy. To be fair I think Flowers can do a bit of both. Hope he does not go to NE* as I think he’s very talented. 

16 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I get a similar reaction like this from somebody every single year. I don't know what the deal is with walterfootball.com that so many people have an immediate averse reaction to it, but Charlie Campbell knows his stuff. He isn't just making up crap.

Cherepinsky started Walter Football back in 1999 when he was literally living in his mom's basement (Sr in HS), then gave it his attention when he couldn't get a journalism job after he switched to that major his Sr year at Penn State.  He built his site with Search Engine Optimization, not content and football knowledge.

Now to his credit, 20 years later his site is still around and has legitimate football guys creating content there, but the origin of the site as "a dude seeking clicks"  still lingers to some.

I Hear You on Charlie Campbell.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I hope so. Or trade out of the 1st completely. There are so few guys coming out this year with actual 1st round grades that if they pick at 27 it will likely be a reach.

If a player they like slips to the early 20s I would suspect Beane to be aggressive and move up...especially if they are down to the last guy on their board with a 1st round grade...much like Elam last year.

I agree that there are probably less guys "worth" picking in the first this year than usual, but I disagree with the bolded. If we take 27th best player with 27th pick it is not a reach, even if such player has 2nd round grade by normal standards.

If the draft is worse than usual, it is what it is. Just pick the best guy available at each spot. Trade up if you can ***** much better guy, trade down if it is the best solution and there is a partner. But this is something what you should no matter how strong the draft is.

• Like (+1) 1

Starting to be a good amount of smoke around Dallas and Trenton Simpson. So that is something to watch. Could be something, could be a smoke screen for their interest in a guy like Sanders, maybe Campbell. 

Perhaps they want someone else and trying to push the Bills to grab an LB. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Starting to be a good amount of smoke around Dallas and Trenton Simpson. So that is something to watch. Could be something, could be a smoke screen for their interest in a guy like Sanders, maybe Campbell. 

Simpson is a tremendous athlete.  Are the critiques of his instincts mainly a result of only play inside backer for 1 year? Will that improve with experience and coaching?

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Draft rumors aka when your girl starts getting really business with “work stuff” a few nights a week. You can believe it but they are just mainly lies. 

....Rough few weeks in the Biscuit household?

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Simpson is a tremendous athlete.  Are the critiques of his instincts mainly a result of only play inside backer for 1 year? Will that improve with experience and coaching?

Probably. He wasn‘t asked to play in the box much until this year. It kind of reminds me of how PSU used Brandon Smith, a ton of slot nickel and coming off the edge a ton. Simpson has football instincts for sure, but not the eyes in the back of his head instincts of Campbell. It’s kind of the same story with Drew Sanders. But Simpson isn’t the pure pass rusher Sanders is. Simpson is a really good blitzer with a ridiculous motor and tremendous character. 

All that said, Simpson seems to be the type of player this regime would covet. 

Campbell is plug and play. Simpson will be very good, high ceiling, and Sanders offers pass rush flex if they wanted to bring in Rapp as the second nickel backer next to Milano. 

• Like (+1) 1

Man...there's just no way Beane watched the Bills have to rely on has-been street free agents John Brown and Cole Beasley in key late-season and playoff games and ISN'T gonna draft a legitimate receiver, right? Like...there's no way he says "Deonte Harty and Trent Sherfield should solve this, we're good now". Right? RIGHT?!

Ugh...

• Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Logic said:

Man...there's just no way Beane watched the Bills have to rely on has-been street free agents John Brown and Cole Beasley in key late-season and playoff games and ISN'T gonna draft a legitimate receiver, right? Like...there's no way he says "Deonte Harty and Trent Sherfield should solve this, we're good now". Right? RIGHT?!

Ugh...

So, who are the great receivers that will be available when they pick?  There are some options, if you want a very small slot receiver- not much outside.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Ugh...

You think he's saying the same thing about signing McGovern and Edwards and figuring Brown will have a rebound year so the oline for Allen is good now, too? That way, they are clear to grab LB, DT, and maybe Edge with the first three picks . . . 

44 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

So, who are the great receivers that will be available when they pick?  There are some options, if you want a very small slot receiver- not much outside.

Some now think Addison or Johnston might drop. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

We're not exactly loaded at slot, so...

21 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

You think he's saying the same thing about signing McGovern and Edwards and figuring Brown will have a rebound year so the oline for Allen is good now, too? That way, they are clear to grab LB, DT, and maybe Edge with the first three picks . . . 

Some now think Addison or Johnston might drop. 

I like Addison, not crazy about Johnston.  

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Ugh...

I don’t think so. I do think fans are delusional about us getting a high priced vet receiver because of Allen’s contract and Diggs. But the draft is where we can get the next Diggs for a fraction of a cost. Plus, I won’t be shocked if Diggs gets moved after the season. 

we need to load up on young guys to grow with Allen and learn from Diggs while he is here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.