NFL draft rumors 2023

HappyDays

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I like Addison, not crazy about Johnston.  

There are more issues with Johnston than I had initially countenanced, but I would still probably not pass on him. It would depend on who else was on the board. Addison, you definitely take if the opportunity arises.

3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

True and I like Flowers, Downs and a few others.  I like Parker Washington 3rd/4th.

I like Downs, too.

19 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would bet money LaPorta goes inside the first 47 picks.  

The problem with LaPorta is not a lack of talent. He will be a third down conversion machine and he has the ability to hit the seams for chunk yardage. The problem seems to be he just doesn't block. So it all depends what the Bills want in a second starting caliber TE. Does freeing Knox mean relieving him from supporting a bad O-line and letting him run more routes? A phenomenal blocker with upside as an offensive weapon, like Washington, might fill that bill. Or does it mean having another primary offensive threat to pair with Knox in 2 TE sets? 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

The problem with LaPorta is not a lack of talent. He will be a third down conversion machine and he has the ability to hit the seams for chunk yardage. The problem seems to be he just doesn't block. So it all depends what the Bills want in a second starting caliber TE. Does freeing Knox mean relieving him from supporting a bad O-line and letting him run more routes? A phenomenal blocker with upside as an offensive weapon, like Washington, might fill that bill. Or does it mean having another primary offensive threat to pair with Knox in 2 TE sets? 

I think Washington makes more sense. He is a truly superior blocker and a RZ threat, so I still think he gives you some 12 personnel potential.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

There are more issues with Johnston than I had initially countenanced, but I would still probably not pass on him. It would depend on who else was on the board. Addison, you definitely take if the opportunity arises.

I like Downs, too.

I think Johnston could be there at 27 and I would have to consider other positions and players available before I took Johnston.  My main concerns are the comments about too many drops and not being great at contested catches, despite his size.  Secondarily, he ran 4.5 at his pro day - that’s fine, but doesn’t offer the super athlete to counter the questions about his hands.  

58 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I have no interest in the Bills taking another TE they don’t throw the ball too personally

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

You think he's saying the same thing about signing McGovern and Edwards and figuring Brown will have a rebound year so the oline for Allen is good now, too? That way, they are clear to grab LB, DT, and maybe Edge with the first three picks . . . 

Some now think Addison or Johnston might drop. 

I’m all in on Johnston if he is there. Love him. The upside is huge imo. I honestly don’t like the other guys aside from JSN. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think Johnston could be there at 27 and I would have to consider other positions and players available before I took Johnston.  My main concerns are the comments about too many drops and not being great at contested catches, despite his size.  Secondarily, he ran 4.5 at his pro day - that’s fine, but doesn’t offer the super athlete to counter the questions about his hands.  

I agree with you. He still has a combination of size and relative speed that we don't currently have on the roster. He is not an automatic, but for me I'd have to really like the alternative. I prefer to still prioritize improving the oline and adding weapons for Josh, though I am skeptical that is the direction Beane is likely to favor. And then the fella posting above me is quite astute imo, so add that into your cogitations.

Edited by Dr. Who

21 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I’m all in on Johnston if he is there. Love him. The upside is huge imo. I honestly don’t like the other guys aside from JSN. 

You may be right, but I can’t think of any top WRs in the league who have questionable hands.  I’m not saying that I am absolutely right, but man that scares me.

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

It's a hard decision to make. One one hand, you get an extra RT...who could free up Knox and very well only be 20 Lbs away from being a good RT...or..

do you go with an offensive weapon?  Quinton Morris is a slippery dude that can catch. What do ya do?

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm a fan of Lance Zerlein and I just now saw him on TV for the first time.  I thought he was white.

Not sure if this is a joke. Fella looks pretty white to me. Besides, I don't think black folk name their kids Lance, but maybe I'm wrong there.

image.png.1784cebcfca4dc3debd71bf1dc91faf7.png

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

You may be right, but I can’t think of any top WRs in the league who have questionable hands.  I’m not saying that I am absolutely right, but man that scares me.

He’s definitely got some boom or bust. But at least there is some boom. The other guys just aren’t really all that impressive to me. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He’s definitely got some boom or bust. But at least there is some boom. The other guys just aren’t really all that impressive to me. 

This is where I would Lean conservative this year.  Find a few guys with high floors who are pretty likely to be decent starters and then similar for decent backups later.

I think a swing for the fence and coming up empty puts them behind the teams they are competing against.  I may be too conservative here, but I think it’s warranted in this draft.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think if one of these receivers ends up an NFL #1 it is Johnston. But if any ends up out of the league after his rookie contract it is also Johnston. 

He is WR3 for me. Addison and JSN are just better. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.