ESPN Jordan Reid 7 round mock draft

BADOLBILZ

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Getting to that point where we are getting full 7 round mocks now https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/35958143/2023-nfl-mock-draft-jordan-reid-seven-round-predictions-259-picks:

Bills choices for those without ESPN+:

1. Drew Sanders  LB (Arkansas)

2. Keion White  DE (GA Tech)

3.  Byron Young DT (Alabama)

4.  Jonathon Mingo WR (Ole Miss)

5.  Christopher Smith S (Georgia)

6.   John Ojukwu OT (Boise)

Hope this doesn't happen.  I can't afford a new tv

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For you draftniks out there, what does Drew Sanders have that Jack Campbell doesn't?

I've heard a lot of talk about Campbell, but noticed that a lot of sites have him ranked behind Sanders as the #2 MLB prospect. Yet, I dont hear much hype about Sanders.

They look to be about the same size.

I'm up-front I don't follow college football, but look at who Zierlein lists as Sanders comparable:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/drew-sanders/32005341-4e29-0589-5c62-ee6a75833b2f

Here's Zierlein on Jack Campbell

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jack-campbell/32004341-4d36-4731-433d-b35acfc680bc

What I get out of that is, Sanders has shown more ability to rush the passer through the gaps AND as an edge rusher, can play sideline-to-sideline, but may need development in coverage and in run defense and tackling; Campbell is the better defender in zone coverage and run defense but has not shown pass rush chops?

Not that Zierlein is definitive, but often when I watch a player in the pros for a couple years and then go back and read his "strengths" and "weaknesses" I find myself nodding.

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Getting to that point where we are getting full 7 round mocks now https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/35958143/2023-nfl-mock-draft-jordan-reid-seven-round-predictions-259-picks:

please move to the awful mock drafts thread as well!  No day 1 help for the offense—total joke. 

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

what content is not created for clicks?

Let me clarify for you,  some content is is relevant,informational, and useful, other content like the hundreds of nonsensical mock drafts etc, are valueless, and are in fact not more than jr high school girly gossip, much like the two click bait mocks that I referenced,  I hope that helps you, maybe not, but we can hope 😁👍 

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Let me clarify for you,  some content is is relevant,informational, and useful, other content like the hundreds of nonsensical mock drafts etc, are valueless, and are in fact not more than jr high school girly gossip, much like the two click bait mocks that I referenced,  I hope that helps you, maybe not, but we can hope 😁👍 

Mocks are just speculative entertainment.  No mockers have any info that any others do not.

Millions of people want to see these mock drafts---even just to disagree with them.  So, obviously millions of clickers find value in them.

Your opinion runs counter to all evidence.  But it can be your opinion.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Mocks are just speculative entertainment.  No mockers have any info that any others do not.

Millions of people want to see these mock drafts---even just to disagree with them.  So, obviously millions of clickers find value in them.

Your opinion runs counter to all evidence.  But it can be your opinion.

Millions of people can also be morons as well, hell you, and I have both filled that role at times during our lives, it’s what humans do, 

12 hours ago, Johnnyp566 said:

A lot of Drew Sanders projections. I’m just not sure a player who’s a hybrid SAM/EDGE is going to solve the middle linebacker conundrum. 

I agree. He’s been more of an edge rusher and a good one. But not been in the coverage aspects of the D much. If we had the mike solved already he’d been a great add. But I think Campbell Henley Willams are a better fit. 

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If the 2nd or 3rd is an OT i would like it much better. Don’t see Smith lasting to the 5th. Mingo may be close. He’s got the physicality and good speed to be a nice addition. 

10 hours ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

I’d be thrilled with that other than not grabbing an OT earlier.  Drew Sanders fits exactly what we want for an MLB. He’s way more athletic than Campbell and is a really good pass rusher.  Young in the 3rd is a great value too.  Bama DL stick around this league forever.  Smith is similar to Rapp and was the heart of the UGA defense.  
Again, I’d rather grab a OT in the 2nd 

Campbell's short shuttle and 3-cone were effing spectacular, weren't they?

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Millions of people can also be morons as well, hell you, and I have both filled that role at times during our lives, it’s what humans do, 

I don't think it's reasonable to call people who find  a little entertainment agreeing with (or, more likely, disagreeing with) various mock drafts "morons"

But, if so, you are "filling that role" in this very thread...with no hint of irony.

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

not gonna lie, I don’t love it. 

12 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Agreed this would be completely on-brand.  And the Bills are a year away from having no DTs under contract and probably also moving on from one or both safeties and Tre White.  Doubtful Epinesa gets a second contract here so you’ve got a hole there too.  Another defense-heavy draft should not be a surprise.

That's not ideal in my book. 

I think the offense should be top priority this year. 

Let the defense fall where it falls. Let McD work his magic and earn his pay. 

I have little faith this organization can formulate and draft a very good defensive front line. They have numerous failed years despite constant picks ups and drafts picks. 

I very much want this team to invest heavily on the offense. More weapons and better protection. Give Allen the best opportunity to win. 

I'd rather have the game on the line with Allen having the ball vs the defense having to make a stop. 

14 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This would be my worst nightmare. 

I don't have any more patience left to see this front office continue throwing away picks on underachieving defenders & ignore the offense. 

And only using the very last pick on the O-line makes it even worse. 

Because of that, I know this is exactly how it'll play out 🤣

17 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Putting out content for clicks, its the season for this sort of idiocy…,  much like the Alabama RB in the first round content for clicks piece.

Sadly it appears it is always the season for this sort of idiocy…,

you have to wait four weeks for it to die !

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.