ESPN Jordan Reid 7 round mock draft

BADOLBILZ

19 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Getting to that point where we are getting full 7 round mocks now https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/35958143/2023-nfl-mock-draft-jordan-reid-seven-round-predictions-259-picks:

Bills choices for those without ESPN+:

1. Drew Sanders  LB (Arkansas)

2. Keion White  DE (GA Tech)

3.  Byron Young DT (Alabama)

4.  Jonathon Mingo WR (Ole Miss)

5.  Christopher Smith S (Georgia)

6.   John Ojukwu OT (Boise)

Smith in round 5 would be a hell of a pick. He'd be incredible value there. I think he will go day 2. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't think it's reasonable to call people who find  a little entertainment agreeing with (or, more likely, disagreeing with) various mock drafts "morons"

But, if so, you are "filling that role" in this very thread...with no hint of irony.

Maybe not, but we humans are really good at being that, mocks are the pinnacle of futility in the football world, kinda like saying special teams is one third of the game…, 

23 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Getting to that point where we are getting full 7 round mocks now https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/35958143/2023-nfl-mock-draft-jordan-reid-seven-round-predictions-259-picks:

Bills choices for those without ESPN+:

1. Drew Sanders  LB (Arkansas)

2. Keion White  DE (GA Tech)

3.  Byron Young DT (Alabama)

4.  Jonathon Mingo WR (Ole Miss)

5.  Christopher Smith S (Georgia)

6.   John Ojukwu OT (Boise)

I don’t follow college ball enough to know anything about these guys but I do know this place would have a full meltdown if they go defense first three rounds.  

21 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

I don’t follow college ball enough to know anything about these guys but I do know this place would have a full meltdown if they go defense first three rounds.  

One of the issues with being a team that drafts for need is that defense is the matchup side of the ball..........you can always find areas on defense where it seems like you don't matchup with certain teams.

On offense it is easy to rationalize that you don't need matchup winners if you have a great QB.    That's what the Bills have been saying without saying it aloud the past two seasons.

They gotta' change that..........they do need better talent on offense and it showed in the second half of last season and was a glaring issue in their playoff loss.

But some drafts just don't align where the best talent is where you need it.

They should go BPA at a premium position early regardless of the side of the ball........OR they should utilize draft capital to trade for proven commodities on offense.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I doubt they go defense for all of the high round picks - but it wouldn't disappoint me to see a few picks go toward the D. We need a LB, and we need a better pass rush.

I don't expect them to stand pat on the O-line.  We added 2 good guards, which is great.  I think they are penciling Brown in at RT, and obviously Morse & Dawkins' positions are set right now.  Really, all they have to do in the draft is find a swing tackle who can compete w/ Brown.  2nd or 3rd round probably works for getting a good player who could potentially start right away if needed.  

Beane has also talked about the depth in this draft at the TE position, so I could see another pick in the 1st rounds going that way - but otherwise I'm fine w/ mostly defense.

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Maybe not, but we humans are really good at being that, mocks are the pinnacle of futility in the football world, kinda like saying special teams is one third of the game…, 

If they get you to comment on them, as this is their goal, they certainly cannot be described as "futile".  They serve no purpose but to elicit responses/discussions. 

You keep proving their utility, not their futility.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.