Possible McKenzie Replacement Bills sign Deonte Harty (formally Deonte Harris)

MAJBobby

15 minutes ago, Einstein said:

3 of the last 6 "executives of the year" have been fired lol. 

LOL, that's truly hilarious.  I had no idea.  

What's going to be even more hilarious is all of the posters here that defend him now that want to burn down OBD, the stadium, cancel the new stadium, and eradicate Bills history from their memories, if we don't win the division and either don't make the playoffs or get ousted again in the D or WC rounds.  Just duck if that happens.  

I hope we win the Super Bowl, but should we not, I'll be among the rational ones.  LOL  

Go BILLS!!!  

Edited by PBF81
  • Agree 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

You guys just always take the most negative angle in every topic.  Just don’t get the obsession with that.  

It's honestly not intentional. I just give my authentic opinion. I have been stoked about front office moves in the past though. LOVED the Diggs move. Praised it up an down. Loved drafting Spencer Brown (due to his size). Thought Settle was a great signing too.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

did you copy and paste the complimentary posts too?    

Yes I did. This question shows you didn't even read what the Saints fans have to say. Which proves you only seek out positive comments.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You guys just always take the most negative angle in every topic.  Just don’t get the obsession with that.  

No one is looking at this signing as some  magic pill to solve our issues, but this need to go all sky is falling over it makes no sense. 

And continuously putting words in people mouths while also cherry picking everything he can find while ignoring the other side of the argument.  

I’ve finally put and end to it using the ignore function.  I recommend the entire site do the same. 

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I like it… Like I said, get another dominant guy across from Diggs and they are set…. Just a draft pick(especially in this draft) isn’t enough IMO. 

Word.  Feeling is mutual.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It seems to me there's been a lot of talk on this board since the playoff exit, criticizing Beane's drafting and player personnel decisions.  Somehow the Bills have managed to have a #2 or #1 defense 3 of the last 4 years with horrible personnel management and currently, no players on defense who would fetch a 2nd round pick.  Go Figgur.

I didn't understand the euphoria about Hines myself.  Some people on the board were reacting as though he was our Budget Christian McCaffrey.  I looked at his record with Indy and thought he was a signing for ST and as an injury reserve for Cook and for McKenzie, given that Shakir seemed to be struggling a bit to master the slot and get open and was not "all that and a bag of chips" as a KR/PR.  Hines filled that role. 

Allen misses short options because his brain edits them out when he scans the field like the new Smartphone photo software, and Dorsey/Brady seem less able than Daboll/Dorsey at smacking some sense into him.

Great response!  Thanks!!  

Not sure why Allen misses those options, last year he was much better at it.  I'd like to see Allen play when he's A, got a decent OL that he finally develops some chemistry with, much like Kelly had with Ballard, Ritcher, Hull, and Wolford;  B, with some semblance of a rushing game that something other than DFL without Allen's carries;  C, better play-calling;  and D, without a season full of dropped passes.  

IMO Allen's situation isnt' fair to Allen and it's prevented him from being able to focus on what other QBs behind good OLs and with some kind of rushing game can focus on.  

Here's my thing about Hines, doubling last season's receiving input, where he excels as a RB, he had 10 catches, about a fifth of what he had at Indy in five seasons, with a different QB each and every season he was there.  Five different QBs in five seasons.  So why the dramatic dropoff here after Beane's promises of the opposite.  (rhetorical)  

As to the performance of the team, D #1/#2, etc., the problem is that they play the complete opposite in the playoffs, particularly against KC and now Cinci where they seem to all but literally take a vacation.  

Our problem hasn't been the regular season, it's been the playoffs.  None of Beane's 1st or 2nd round picks have stepped up to even approach impact play in the playoffs with anything even approaching regularity.  Who's to blame?   I'd say it was him, but apparently I don't know what I'm talking about, so I'm told.  😁 

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

All the interwebs? Or just 1 forum. Like this one. Where the fans have been watching him for 4 years.

Uh-huh. 

I know, I know - You know him better since he was on your fantasy team before.

I’m just gonna lay this out there do you think it’s possible just may be possible
That the fans might not be so enamored with him because he was injured all year?

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I’m just gonna lay this out there do you think it’s possible just may be possible
That the fans might not be so enamored with him because he was injured all year?

I think that's a big part of it. They mentioned it multiple times. He has been injured all 4 years he has been in the NFL. And apparently struggles with fumbles.

Am I right to feel that Harty is an attempt to upgrade on McKenzie at four, with Diggs, a newcomer and Davis above him? Cut McKenzie and there’s very little cap hit either.

He has pace and he seems to be pretty reliable with his hands which is a plus. The Saints fans don’t seem overly upset with his departure because of his injury record. Him staying healthy will be key as we have been able to call on McKenzie, more often than not.

21 minutes ago, Success said:

I think the opposite.

We always have posters on here who think they know more than everyone, and are sure that this player or that player is going to be a miss - even though they know very little about that player.

Why not look at a signing like this in a positive way?  I can pretty much guarantee that Beane and his braintrust have pored over film of this guy, done the pros & cons analysis, looked at the upside, and made a sound decision. Like all GM decisions in the NFL, some work out, and some don't.  

But the negative comments on here are what I find hilarious.  I don't know the guy - but this signing is the worst!  I mean, huh?  

Allen is the greatest example. THAT thread from draft day is actually fun to revisit.  This isn't a big enough signing to warrant a "bust" label if Harty doesn't work out.  But I think he'll excel w/ Allen - we needed speed, we needed separation, we needed good hands.

Maybe over a 3 course lunch.  There's not much to see.  He's had under 100 targets and had 2 seasons of single digit snap counts, max coming in at 36% once. 

I think some of the criticism may be related to the question of: is this guy better than McKenzie, who would play for a fraction of this guy will cost, or if he's just another receiver decision that doesn't work out (like Sanders, Crowder, Duke Williams, Foster, Andre Holmes, Beasley 2.0, "Smoke" 2.0....).

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

I think that's a big part of it. They mentioned it multiple times. He has been injured all 4 years he has been in the NFL. And apparently struggles with fumbles.

It feels like another one of these moves that will backfire. Either will be hurt or McD won’t trust. And I thought drafting both Stevenson and Shakir both were addressing the return game. Both McK and Hines can be return guys. Seems like another luxury move that does not address the glaring holes. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:
6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Not sure why Allen misses those options, last year he was much better at it.  I'd like to see Allen play when he's A, got a decent OL that he finally develops some chemistry with, much like Kelly had with Ballard, Ritcher, Hull, and Wolford;  B, 

You cannot question the commitment of the 90's Bills to OL.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.