Possible McKenzie Replacement Bills sign Deonte Harty (formally Deonte Harris)

MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I knew that would fire people up.

Nobody is saying he is Tyreek Hill.

But I listened to Sal Capaccio and Joe D and Jeremy White do their best to hype this up, as he is a Swiss Army knife kind of player.

Joe D said something like this is a player that the Chiefs would maximize.

He’s not.

He has 700 career receiving yards.

Like the one Saints poster said, small school guys who are fast but small are a dime a dozen.

The Bills couldn’t figure out how to get James Cook or Hines or McKenzie consistent touches in the pass game. I am highly skeptical he catches any meaningful volume of passes for this team. 

He’s proven that he is a borderline NFL player/practice squader.

He's an above average kick/punt returnman so to call him borderline NFL/practice squad member to me  is undervalued statement.

10 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I could’ve swore he was a 4.35 guy, but he actually ran a 4.48

Somebody edited the wiki page in the last hour to make that change, claiming that a "source" said so.  From a little bit of research of my own, different sources report different times. Regardless, he plays fast.

Here is the source for the 4.35 BTW: https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/news/saints-deonte-harris

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Somebody edited the wiki page in the last hour to make that change, claiming that a "source" said so.  From a little bit of research of my own, different sources report different times. Regardless, he plays fast.

Beane is like “Damn it! That 4.35 was a typo!!”

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

So it’s even worse? Small, 4.48 guy, with injury history, limited numbers in a pass happy offense that gets creative, and we pay guaranteed money. 

But, but, but,

#1 for the jersey number is 🔥 

He and McKenzie will need a sweet slot nickname. Dirty Harty? 

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

By the time that you have tape of actual NFL games, pro day 40 times don't really matter. 

No, he looks plenty fast and shifty. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

how is he not? He's 3rd  of WR and 4th overall in yards, had 5 TDs total, caught 65% of his passes (with the drops).  That's a chunk for WR3

i hear you, but when/how did you become a big fan of this obscure player?  About 9 am?

No.  I’m in a 15 team dynasty league.  Lots of roster spots and limited free agent pool.

Randomly watching a saints game, he made a few plays that made me think “dam!! That dude has some jets and some wiggle”.   So I picked him up and have been monitoring him since.  So yeah…. Not 9am.  Thanks for playing 

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Success said:

The injuries are mostly hammy - not size related.

And "speed" is no small thing.  We haven't had a guy who can truly stretch the field.

I get that but he's really unproven and still injury prone hammy or not. Seems like a pretty big reach to me. I'd rather allocate that money to a more proven commodity like a Lockett,Dhop, or draft Zay Flowers. 

Edited by newcam2012

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I get that but he's really unproven and still injury prone hammy or not. Seems like a pretty big reach to me. I'd rather allocate that money to a more proven commodity like a Lockett,Dhop, or Zay Flowers. 

He’s coming to play with an elite QB now, who’s gotten his WRs to elevate their play. 

4 hours ago, TOboy said:

Like the player, don’t love the price. Would love to be proven wrong this season. 

Yeah like the player but hopefully the contract structure is lower than what we see. McKenzie is officially gone. Hines is our return guy,  so Harty will move into what we should've gotten out of BBQ.  Like to see some go routes for him too.  Lastly his speed on tape looks much faster than his 4.48?

20 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Agreed as Harty's 2021 Highlights show him running digs, curls, Go routes and deep skinny posts that McKenzie doesn't.  Also have to believe with Gates' and McGovern's mobility we will see more WR screens using Harty as Saints used him for that too.  Also can run that little touch pass out of shotgun where WR comes across formation.  

So guessing Hines will do KO returns and Harty will be PR.

Yeah, Hines KO, Harty PR sounds like the plan.  

his route tree is more advanced than most think.  He ran the deep skinny post to perfection.  That short area/stop and go explosion that he possesses is so difficult to defend on all 3 levels.  

His future in Buffalo is in the hands of Dorsey + him being healthy in the playoffs.

16 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Yes, numerous sources reported in 2019 he ran a 4.35 at a Harvard pro day that year:

https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/news/saints-deonte-harris

(Edit: I see you have also located that same article, cheers)

Edited by Pecos Bills

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He’s coming to play with an elite QB now, who’s gotten his WRs to elevate their play. 

Bingo!!! Alott of people are failing to take that into account. Guy has speed which is what this team is severely lacking. And has a pretty full route tree as well. Let's see what Josh can do with him before we throw him away already.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.