Bills have shown interest in Lavonte David.

MAJBobby

Just now, Nephilim17 said:

I don't wanna give this guy at three-year deal at his age but one, maybe two years, sure — if the money is right.

Athletes these days are better conditioned and eating better and playing at a top level later than ever. 

It’s not your $$$ what’s the difference between 2-3 years? Sign him. The Cap keeps going way up

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Really, really, really bad in coverage in 2021, not great in 2022. Maybe McD can coach him up?

I’m not saying I don’t want either old LBers, but Father Time is unbeaten. Losing Edmunds sucks, I think he’ll be harder to replace than fans want to admit… 

Hope I’m wrong. 

The defense is going to suck regardless so it doesn’t matter much. I would rather suck in cheaper fashion and spend the resources on the side that matters before Josh demands a trade after next season.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Governor said:

The defense is going to suck regardless so it doesn’t matter much. I would rather suck in cheaper fashion and spend the resources on the side that matters before Josh demands a trade after next season.

While i doubt it will be dominant, i'm quite sure it won't suck. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

While i doubt it will be dominant, i'm quite sure it won't suck. 

It will likely be the same "bend but don't break" defense.  Keep the long stuff in front of the safeties and stop it.  Just a matter of how effective it is with new personnel.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It’s not your $$$ what’s the difference between 2-3 years? Sign him. The Cap keeps going way up

No, it's not my money but I don't want the Bills cutting a player after one year into a three-year deal and taking on a chunk of dead cap. A little doesn't kill a team but it adds up.

Edited by Nephilim17
Was drinking and typed incorrectly

4 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Has this dude ever broken any news? I feel like he churns out rumors every year with not a lot of fruit. 

His cousin covers the Bills for upstateny.com or something like that. 

4 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

You don’t dedicate 10 million a season to a 32 year old safety who last year started showing his age in coverage and with his body(multiple injuries). This is the perfect time to walk away from him

I agree. Wasn't arguing that at all, it has been my position for over a year. Just saying whatever they do at that spot they will miss Jordan. Replacing what the Bills had with Jordan and Micah is nigh on impossible. That level of natural chemistry does not come around often. 

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

Interesting post. What were your thoughts on Poyer being out of position at times toward the end of last season and in the playoffs?

He was playing on one knee and trying to compensate for the physical limitations by over trusting his instincts - he was guessing to try and get there in time basically. Had Micah Hyde not already been out Jordan Poyer would have been on IR last year. He should not have been our there but he gutted it out for the team because we saw how exposed our safety depth was. Jordan Poyer played at an all pro level for multiple years for the Bills even though the recognition only came in 2021. Ironically he was voted to the ***** Pro Bowl in 2022 during what was comfortably his worst season as a Bill (because of the injury) which is no doubt due to the slew of early interceptions before he tore the knee up. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, brianthomas said:

Idk, we knew what we had didn't we? Thats why we paid them back then & thought of them as the best safety tandem in the league right? The 2 of them worked together like hand in glove & you didnt have to worry about much when they were out there together on the field. Surely a dropoff was to be expected when you lose 1 or both of them?

But them being gone last season is part of the reasoning to move on. Availability is the best ability & Hyde was out the whole year injured & Poyer missed another 4 weeks.

Their availability as they age will not improve... it likely should only get worse. Spending top dollar on 2 safeties past 30 isn't my ideal way to allocate limited resources. All that being said i'd like 1 more year to run it back if Poyer would take it, since on the surface we're so close to the SB & have many other positions to focus on. Otherwise i say move on

To an extent, sure. But even then I don't think most fans, or even the organisation, quite realised it. They had exceptional safety play for 5 years straight from two fantastic players who were even better together and hardly missed a game. 

1 hour ago, Governor said:

This is such a troll post
The defense was top-five last year, and so far the only thing that we have actually lost from. It is the linebacker.

Regression is possible it’s not going to suck

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is such a troll post
The defense was top-five last year, and so far the only thing that we have actually lost from. It is the linebacker.

Regression is possible it’s not going to suck

Well they sure have sucked in elimination games, which is what matters. 

Being a regular season bully against crap QBs isn’t moving my needle. 

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Well they sure have sucked in elimination games, which is what matters. 

Being a regular season bully against crap QBs isn’t moving my needle. 

The Eagles and 49ers, had the very top defenses and it didn’t matter whenever the 🦅 got to the Super Bowl

These things don’t have to be mutually exclusive. You can have a good defense that needs help. Once you start playing against playoff teams it still doesn’t make it a bad defense.

We need more playmakers on offense that is obvious

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He had a good amount of TFL (10) but lots of missed as well (9).

I’d pass on him till wave 2 or 3.

Most of the defense has double digit missed tackle rates. 6.8% is not that bad. Edmunds was like the only player on our defense with a decent missed tackle rate last year.

Edited by MJS

10 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

I don't wanna give this guy at three-year deal at his age but one, maybe two years, sure — if the money is right.

Athletes these days are better conditioned and eating better and playing at a top level later than ever. 

everyone posts this....you forgot to add team friendly deal

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.