Bills have shown interest in Lavonte David.

MAJBobby

David would be a possible upgrade at MLB but what would it cost and how long would they be tied to him? Not a fan of breaking the bank for a 33-year-old linebacker no matter how good he may be. Still worth checking out what the market is for him a one-year 10 million dollar deal wouldn't be terrible. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Could be. But at the end of the day the ONE position group I don’t worry that this team knows how to fill is Safety. So I will stay worried about the other side of the ball. 

I am not arguing for them to throw big assets at safety. But the end of the Jordan and Micah combo this year was a classic case of don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

• Agree 2

Just now, billsfan89 said:

David would be a possible upgrade at MLB but what would it cost and how long would they be tied to him? Not a fan of breaking the bank for a 33-year-old linebacker no matter how good he may be. Still worth checking out what the market is for him a one-year 10 million dollar deal wouldn't be terrible. 

Simply put, he isn’t an upgrade over Edmunds. Just a bandaid and a good mentor for the young LBs.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I’d guess 2 or 3 years with a void year and 9-12 mil per

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Simply put, he isn’t an upgrade over Edmunds. Just a bandaid and a good mentor for the young LBs.

Simply put, David is a better LB right now than Edmunds

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He’s honestly a pretty significant downgrade at his age.

Gave up 55 completions last year (75% and 6.8 ypa). Also had a missed tackle rate of 6.8% (9 missed tackles). 

He’s just a name at this point. There are better, younger options available.

Graded higher than Edmunds on PFF…

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Spotrac has David @ 9.7 so I'd only sign him to a 2 year deal totaling 18M.  But be aware that's going to take a big chunk out of offensive FA cap money.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not arguing for them to throw big assets at safety. But the end of the Jordan and Micah combo this year was a classic case of don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

You don’t dedicate 10 million a season to a 32 year old safety who last year started showing his age in coverage and with his body(multiple injuries). This is the perfect time to walk away from him

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He had a good amount of TFL (10) but lots of missed as well (9).

I’d pass on him till wave 2 or 3.

He was on the field non stop.  Tampa offense couldn't sustain squat. 

He had almost 300 more snaps on field then Edmunds and played 1 week less. 

Defense gets worn down.  It's hilarious to even have these conversations.  David is better and it's not even an argument imo.  I've watched tons of Tampa Bay over the last two years.  Their LBs in White and David put our to shame. 

The Bears made a stupid investment. Edmunds is not worth the highest paid LB in the NFL..period.  Any fan who watches more than just the Buffalo Bills knows this.  He made next to zero impact plays here.  For the kind of money they paid him, he needs to be a game changer....new flash...he's not and never will be. 

6 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Prove it

Go watch the games, not just look at numbers on a paper. 

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He had a good amount of TFL (10) but lots of missed as well (9).

I’d pass on him till wave 2 or 3.

"Lots"?  He missed 9 tackles on 1075 snaps!  He had 124 total and 80 solo.  

lol wtf...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

He was on the field non stop.  Tampa offense couldn't sustain squat. 

He had almost 300 more snaps on field then Edmunds and played 1 week less. 

Defense gets worn down.  It's hilarious to even have these conversations.  David is better and it's not even an argument imo.  I've watched tons of Tampa Bay over the last two years.  Their LBs in White and David put our to shame. 

The Bears made a stupid investment. Edmunds is not worth the highest paid LB in the NFL..period.  Any fan who watches more than just the Buffalo Bills knows this.  He made next to zero impact plays here.  For the kind of money they paid him, he needs to be a game changer....new flash...he's not and never will be. 

Go watch the games, not just look at numbers on a paper. 

Listen, I'm not going to argue the pros & cons of Edmunds anymore.  He's gone and frankly it's exhausting.  McB did the right thing letting him walk for the 18M he got. I like what Lavonte can bring as a veteran bridge LB for maybe a couple years @ 9M.  He can mentor a new LB and yes he's likely to make a few more splash plays than Tremaine.  Sign me up......

• Like (+1) 6

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I disagree. My ideal world would have been keep Poyer another year let Micah walk. Poyer is the more impactful player IMO. But their contracts didn't line up that way. And at their ages I don't really want either extended. So Poyer walks this year, Micah walks next. I'd consider both for the wall down the line.

Interesting post. What were your thoughts on Poyer being out of position at times toward the end of last season and in the playoffs?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.