Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

4 minutes ago, Gobills14094 said:

looking for some serious insight here. Do we think Oliver is going to get traded? Why/Why Not?

Said it in the "should we trade Oliver thread"  They should definitely trade him. However, how many teams are going to line up to take on the 10 million dollar contract for an undersized, inconsistent DT?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Gobills14094 said:

looking for some serious insight here. Do we think Oliver is going to get traded? Why/Why Not?

Bills have given zero indication, that I know of, that he could get traded. 

Fans/analysts just see him as an obvious trade candidate, given plenty of teams were high on him out of college, he’s a good player with potential, and the Bills could certainly use 10M and a draft pick if they don’t believe he’s in the plans after this year.  

We also currently have zero DT’s under contract after this year … can’t really see it staying that way heading into the season. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

Eagles and Bengals taking it on the chin this off-season.  

I get why the Eagles are struggling to keep guys.. even though Hurts is on a rookie contract, they went bonkers all in this past year.   

Not sure what the Bengals issue is … I guess making sure they’re able to keep Burrow/Chase/Higgins together?

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

I get why the Eagles are struggling to keep guys.. even though Hurts is on a rookie contract, they went bonkers all in on guys this past year.   

Not sure what the Bengals issue is … I guess making sure they’re able to keep Burrow/Chase/Higgins together?

Mike Brown is cheap

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I get why the Eagles are struggling to keep guys.. even though Hurts is on a rookie contract, they went bonkers all in this past year.   

This is what a lot of people were talking about in terms of the window. Next offseason Tee Higgins, Logan Wilson, Tyler Boyd and DJ Reader are free agents, then in 2025 Trey Hendrickson, Joe Mixon, BJ Hill, Mike Hilton, and of course Burrow become free agents as well. They haven't paid Burrow yet. They are in some trouble imo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Veteran free-agent QB Andy Dalton is expected to reach agreement on a two-year, $10 million deal that includes $8 million fully guaranteed with the Carolina Panthers, per source. Contract max value is $17 million.

• Like (+1) 1

I will say. So far Bills offseason. 

pass Blocking solid OG check. 
try to get speed and ability in slot for competition Check. 

still need more speed on offense. Get some vet help at S. Another OL or two. And head to draft. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I will say. So far Bills offseason. 

pass Blocking solid OG check. 
try to get speed and ability in slot for competition Check. 

still need more speed on offense. Get some vet help at S. Another OL or two. And head to draft. 

Need a MLB too

• Like (+1) 1

• chongli changed the title to Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency begin today at 4 PM ET - post all NFL updates here

What is really interesting to me. Both Bills signings came out of nowhere. No rumors no leaks nothing before it happened. There are still a lot of players out there so I think people need to relax a bit. The restructures were not for Harty and McGovern only when you look at their cap hits. 

additionally this is the first year since I can remember bills went this late into the offseason without having to cut someone for space (there are a number of players that can fit this bill too). 

still very very early. And to date Bills STILL Favored to win the AFCE 

• Agree 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Price for Jeudy seems to be at least a 1st. 

If it was only our first it’s tempting because of the contract and upside but I’d rather have Hopkins for a 3rd if that we’re possible lol…or maybe even stay put for Zay Flowers at 27

Well, as everyone probably knows, free agency and the new year begin at 4 PM ET today (Wednesday), so that means now teams can officially make proposals to Lamar Jackson. We'll see. I don't think he gets what he wants. The real questions is will he decide to play this year for Baltimore or continue with his tatrum.

• chongli changed the title to Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency begins today at 4 PM ET - post all NFL updates here
5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What is really interesting to me. Both Bills signings came out of nowhere. No rumors no leaks nothing before it happened. There are still a lot of players out there so I think people need to relax a bit. The restructures were not for Harty and McGovern only when you look at their cap hits. 

additionally this is the first year since I can remember bills went this late into the offseason without having to cut someone for space (there are a number of players that can fit this bill too). 

still very very early. And to date Bills STILL Favored to win the AFCE 

McGovern 4M + Harty 3.7M (- McKenzie 2.5M) = 5.2M spent on new acquisitions, theoretically.  

Re-upped Martin + Matakevich = 4M’ish on re-signings.  

Cam Lewis and Tyrel Dodson aren’t affecting the cap much.  

Dane Jackson tender 2.7M

Around 12M tied up so far .. assuming McKenzie isn’t long for the roster. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.