Bears to trade #1 overall pick to Panthers

Draconator

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

This is for Bryce Young?

That's the thought. Unless we get another "Baker Mayfield" genius type decision.

Compensation seems light to me. I guess since they are staying in the top 10 it isnt so bad, but all they got extra was another 1st, a 2nd, an equivalent 4th (2 yr 2nd), and WR Moore. Surprised they couldnt milk more from Indy.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I just checked the trade chart.  If you think that DJ Moore is worth a late first round pick, then it’s fair.  

I feel like teams usually have overpay to get into the top 5.  I don’t think Moore would fetch a late first round pick, so it seems like the Panthers paid under value.  

With so many teams wanting a QB, I expected more competition

Looking at the last trade of the #1 pick (2016) it would seem of similar value when including Moore into the compensation. But agreed, with the whole “league collusion” saga around Lamar, several teams looking to upgrade at QB or completely start fresh, a stronger haul could probably be had. Compliments to the Bears as they get a target for Fields that has proven himself to pair with Mooney, Kmet and Claypool. Gives them the flexibility to bolster their team than reach for positional need come April. 

Thank you for your effort and relay on his value per charting. 👍

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Success said:

I have no idea how to gauge trade value.  Would it have cost them much more to get Lamar Jackson?

It would cost them less assets but an additional 35M+ per year in salary,  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Yeah you gotta believe they have their minds made up on a guy for a move like this.

I don’t know how I feel about this class outside of CJ Stroud. There’s some really nice things I like about Bryce Young but he’s just so small that I worry about how his game translates. Anthony Richardson is a really nice project, but not someone I’d feel good about spending a ton of draft capital on. And Will Levis, God bless him, I just don’t feel it.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I’m admittedly not a big college football guy, but did I miss a generational QB coming up in this draft? 

No, no you didn’t, this trade is further proof that ownership/GMs will give up huge resources for middling QB talent. I’m guessing that spending a lot of money is shows that they are “contenders” lol, this ranks right up there with the Browns stupidity…, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.