Bears to trade #1 overall pick to Panthers

Draconator

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Yes because 25 years ago is a relevent to today's salary cap and free agent rules as the last 10 years. 

The right point is the 2011 CBA with its fixed rookie deals. When Sam Bradford was drafted the Rams were paying him a fortune.

43 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, agree they likely still make a trade and get a nice haul.  My original comment was that Texans gave them a gift of getting even more by just having won their last game and giving them the top pick.  

And who knows whether Carolina like Houston's QB1? 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Sestak4ever said:

Can say the same for a few qb's, however there are more JaMarcus Russells, Brady Quinns, David Carrs, Ryan Leafs, Harringtons, etc.  You just never know, especially how quickly they can process what is happening on the field. I wish Reich the best of luck as I think he is a very good head coach. The success of the trade is strictly based on how well all the draft picks perform in the pros. As always, time will tell.

Can’t get the most beautiful girl in the bar without talking to her. 😉

39 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I agree. This QB class is terrible. Dumb trade for Carolina. Good trade for  Chicago.

Haha, these comments are funny. Love to see your breakdown of the 2017 class compared to 2018.

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I agree. This QB class is terrible. Dumb trade for Carolina. Good trade for  Chicago.

2018 was hypothetically one for the ages…

Josh stands alone followed closely by Lamar. 

You never know what’s going to happen. Have to keep an open mind and be hopefully consistent at trying to find the guy to turn your future around. Reminds me of the 2011 draft in terms of prospects being questionable and a mad scramble for QBs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

All you need is there to be one QB in the class if you're drafting #1 and you pick the right one.  Trading up from 9 to 1 greatly increases your chances of getting a QB in a weak group.  At #9 you're settling.  At #1 nobody else can get your guy.  Pretty smart move by Carolina if it's a bad class with possibly only 1 or 2 viable QBs.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

All you need is there to be one QB in the class if you're drafting #1 and you pick the right one.  Trading up from 9 to 1 greatly increases your chances of getting a QB in a weak group.  At #9 you're settling.  At #1 nobody else can get your guy.  Pretty smart move by Carolina if it's a bad class with possibly only 1 or 2 viable QBs.  

Yes you get your pick of a weak class. How many QBs have been taken 1st overall that are no good. We got lucky Jets and Cleveland passed on Allen or we would have taken one of the busts. 

They could have stayed at 9 possibly gotten Levis. Worse case scenario they keep building their roster and sign another stop gap like Jimmy. That probably gets them in the playoffs in that weak division.

Now they are a couple years away

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Everyone knew the Bears were looking to get rid of #1 .....but That's a massive haul Carolina gave up to pick from one of the more mediocre QB classes in a while.

lol, Panthers.

People keep saying its a mediocre QB class, and I don't disagree fully, but how many truly "great" QB classes are there?  2020, and then maybe 2017.  Before 2017, I can't find a "great" class in years.  All it takes is for Carolina to now select 1 great QB and it doesn't matter.  This year was supposed to be the "great" QB class with Young, Stroud, Levis, etc. coming into the year.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, BBFL said:

There is absolutely no way they trade out of that spot now they are there. You need a QB. Whether you get the wrong or right one @ 4/5/6/7 etc. is at the decision of other teams and how the draft falls. 

They are guaranteed to have the pick for franchise QB in their own control. 

If, idiotically, they trade out of that just for assets then why trade to 1 to begin with just to have a potential crapshoot? You’ve given up one of the few proven “assets” the team actually had in Moore…

not to mention, youre leaving a few teams ahead of you that could trade out of that spot, start a qb run and miss out all together

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I count the swap.

Me too

16 hours ago, cle23 said:

The total trade package for the 1st pick was 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and Moore.  It's simple.

Exactly right, it's that simple.  Net loss/given up was one 1st.

3 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Hey, at least they are giving it a shot. If the guy they select works out, it’s a home run. The 2018 draft was supposed to be a good one for QBs and most of them are stiffs. So while you say it’s a mediocre class, all they need is one guy to pan out - the one they pick. 

This is true every year when a QB is taken at #1.  2018 is an excellent example.

25 minutes ago, cle23 said:

People keep saying its a mediocre QB class, and I don't disagree fully, but how many truly "great" QB classes are there?  2020, and then maybe 2017.  Before 2017, I can't find a "great" class in years.  All it takes is for Carolina to now select 1 great QB and it doesn't matter.  This year was supposed to be the "great" QB class with Young, Stroud, Levis, etc. coming into the year.

You are judging the "great"-ness based on how they ended up as pros.  That's not how it is being used here.

I haven't seen this upcoming draft described as a great one for QBs.  Not one of them is outstanding.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.