Who hoists the hardware first?

GreggTX

Who wins it all first?  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Bills, Sabres win it all first or never gonna happen?

• Bills win Superbowl first
    • Sabres win Stanley Cup first
    • Neither team will ever win it all

Just now, chongli said:

Have you read this forum since the loss to Cincy? Half of the people are negative about the Bills under McD and/or the Bills perpetually having bad luck. I didn't vote, but I am deciding between the options of nether, or the Bills win first. Having lived through Wide Right, the Music City Miracle, 13 seconds, 4th and 18, the last-second loss to the Chargers in the 1980 divisionals, 3 SB blowouts, etc., you can understand my pessimism.

lived through it all and NEVER ONCE will i ever say "neither team will win it"

crazy talk.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Sabres haven’t made the playoffs in 11 years and have less points then a rebuilding red wings team. If you don’t pick the Bills I don’t know what to tell you. Maybe follow log rolling 🤷‍♂️

Interesting wording because they have more wins than DET and also played one less game. 

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Sabres haven’t made the playoffs in 11 years and have less points then a rebuilding red wings team. If you don’t pick the Bills I don’t know what to tell you. Maybe follow log rolling 🤷‍♂️

Lmfao, this is hilarious and shows you nothing absolutely nothing about hockey...

The Red Wings were picked by everyone to finish ahead of the Sabres this season and make the playoffs. They accelerated their rebuild last summer by signing veteran free agents like David Perron, Andrew Copp, Ben Chiarot, Dominik Kubalik, Olli Maata, and Mark Pysyk. They also traded for Ville Husso. The Sabres are the youngest team in the league, with the oldest player in the league, so they're actually the youngest in the league by a bit if you take Craig Anderson away. But go off with your clownish statements that are just flat-out wrong.

Oh, and missing the playoffs for 11 years isn't as bad as missing the playoffs for 17 years, huh?

PS. The Bills front office can't draft well or sign good contracts, meanwhile the Sabres are crushing both.

Edited by Bubbles from Sunnyvale
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I picked neither 40+ years experience tells me so 

15 hours ago, Success said:

To the 30% saying neither team will ever win:

Josh Allen will not retire without a ring.  It is mathematically impossible.  

Hard disagree.  If that's your way of sayin "he's really good" I agree with you.

Dan Marino was really good too.  Played in the big dance in year 2 of his career.

Never won a ring.  To name one comp.  

Nothing is guaranteed and a lot has to come together to win it all, especially with our in-game coaching staff, which remains a liability.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, chongli said:

Remember the Bills were world champions in 1964 and 1965. The SB would start the next year in 1966.

AFL Champions, not NFL Champions. Cleveland won the NFL Championship in 64. The Bills joined the NFL in 70.

Edited by cle23

I’m a die hard bills fan from way down state…drive 7 hours each way to the stadium, Sunday ticket forever, listen to WGR every day, never miss a snap of the seasons. I’m Guna come at this from an alt end here being a big Rangers fan….stop. Stop trying to make the Sabres good. The Bills are among the Super Bowl favorites, I get it…people are having fun for some reason. The Sabres aren’t good. I’m sorry 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 2

18 hours ago, Success said:

To the 30% saying neither team will ever win:

Josh Allen will not retire without a ring.  It is mathematically impossible.  

Dan Marino retired without a ring lol nothing is impossible. We probably have the same chance at being the Rivers Chargers as we do anything else. Unless you think the Chief's and Bengal's window is shutting quicker. 

32 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Dan Marino retired without a ring lol nothing is impossible. We probably have the same chance at being the Rivers Chargers as we do anything else. Unless you think the Chief's and Bengal's window is shutting quicker. 

Yeah - I got a lot of "Marino" responses to my comment.  It's valid.  I try to be aspirational in my posting, but sometimes reality gets marginalized when I do that.

I'm curious about the Chiefs' window.  Like us or Cincy, it's kind of open as long as they have the QB they have.  But how long will Reid coach?  And Kelce is such a difference-maker for that offense.  He's approaching his mid-30s.  They'll still be a very tough team without either of those guys - but the dynamics will certainly shift. 

I'm still not buying much Bengals stock.  Maybe I'm just being stubborn. I look at that divisional round game as more of a case of the Bills not showing up that day, as opposed to Cincy being that far ahead of us.

• Agree 1

Just now, Success said:

Yeah - I got a lot of "Marino" responses to my comment.  It's valid.  I try to be aspirational in my posting, but sometimes reality gets marginalized when I do that.

I'm curious about the Chiefs' window.  Like us or Cincy, it's kind of open as long as they have the QB they have.  But how long will Reid coach?  And Kelce is such a difference-maker for that offense.  He's approaching his mid-30s.  They'll still be a very tough team without either of those guys - but the dynamics will certainly shift. 

I'm still not buying much Bengals stock.  Maybe I'm just being stubborn. I look at that divisional round game as more of a case of the Bills not showing up that day, as opposed to Cincy being that far ahead of us.

I think the Chief's have a longer window because their GM is better. His drafts hit at an unusual rate and he is able to combine cheap rookie talent and veterans. The Bills haven't hit at all and are going to start losing the vet contributors because they can't afford it. I mean we have Dawson Knox paid in the top 10 and he isn't that at all. The Bengals though are going to have trouble when the WRs have to get paid and the results of that remain to be seen. 

57 minutes ago, chongli said:

Doesn't matter. The point is both teams were world champions. The AFL was not inferior to the NFL.

Except it was almost half the size, 14 to 8 teams.  I wouldn't call either "World Champions" given there were competing leagues.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I picked neither 40+ years experience tells me so 

Well a portion of this board wants Allen traded so they can go back to looking at the draft every year so point taken. 

4 hours ago, Bob Malooga said:

Lmfao, this is hilarious and shows you nothing absolutely nothing about hockey...

The Red Wings were picked by everyone to finish ahead of the Sabres this season and make the playoffs. They accelerated their rebuild last summer by signing veteran free agents like David Perron, Andrew Copp, Ben Chiarot, Dominik Kubalik, Olli Maata, and Mark Pysyk. They also traded for Ville Husso. The Sabres are the youngest team in the league, with the oldest player in the league, so they're actually the youngest in the league by a bit if you take Craig Anderson away. But go off with your clownish statements that are just flat-out wrong.

Oh, and missing the playoffs for 11 years isn't as bad as missing the playoffs for 17 years, huh?

PS. The Bills front office can't draft well or sign good contracts, meanwhile the Sabres are crushing both.

the franchise that’s crushing everything is currently sitting checks notes 11th in the eastern conference with absolutely brutal part of their schedule ahead all part of the plan to become the next Edmonton Oilers let me guess Tuch is Gretzky…Thompson is Messier…Dahlin is Paul Coffey…Cousins is Jari Kurri…and Anderson is Grant Fuhr … etc yeh I kinda know a little about hockey 👍

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Eyeroll 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.