Would you guys trade one of Elam/Benford/Jackson?

JerseyBills

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They’re going to move Benford to Safety. Not sure how ready he’ll be to start but he has a chance.

We need all 3 DBs. They will likely all be back. Only question is Jackson but I think they sign him cheap.

To acquire extra picks the Bills should be looking to trade out of the 1st. Take what you can get but should be able to get a couple extra picks.

Last year for 27 Tampa got 2nd pick 33, 4th pick 106, and 6th pick 180. I would take that extra 4th and 6th for moving down a few spots.

The move of Benford to safety seems likely.  Jackson's trade value looks pretty limited IMO.  Maybe he would bring a fifth round pick, but nothing any higher than that.  A fifth may be optimistic.  Elam is the only CB on the Bills roster who  possesses serious speed.  I think the Bills would be foolish to part with that. 

• Like (+1) 2

Our best chance at securing extra picks (aside from trade backs) is putting Oliver and Basham on the block for Day 3 picks. 

Davis could probably bring back a Day 2 pick, and if we don’t plan on extending him, I’d think long and hard about moving him if we make a move like signing OBJ. 

12 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

It has crossed my mind as a way to aquire picks or a player trade because they're 3 starting caliber CBs with 1 slot available. 

Tre and Taron are locked in at the other 2 slots , and it feels like having all 3 is a luxury vs a need. Elam might be off the table because I doubt we'd get a 1 for him but Jackson or Benford would be great for a zone scheme team and either net us a 3 or 4 or a player at position of need like a OG. N

Just feel like having 3 starting caliber CBS for 1 position is unnecessary unless one can transition to S. All 3 filled in admirably for Tre and are legit #2 guys. I'd be looking at Philly who'll likely lose Bradberry and give them an immediate starter opposite Slay, if they have an OL the Bills like that could do the same for us. 

What you guys think?

No

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

It has crossed my mind as a way to aquire picks or a player trade because they're 3 starting caliber CBs with 1 slot available. 

Tre and Taron are locked in at the other 2 slots , and it feels like having all 3 is a luxury vs a need. Elam might be off the table because I doubt we'd get a 1 for him but Jackson or Benford would be great for a zone scheme team and either net us a 3 or 4 or a player at position of need like a OG. 

Just feel like having 3 starting caliber CBS for 1 position is unnecessary unless one can transition to S. All 3 filled in admirably for Tre and are legit #2 guys. I'd be looking at Philly who'll likely lose Bradberry and give them an immediate starter opposite Slay, if they have an OL the Bills like that could do the same for us. 

What you guys think?

I absolutely don't think trading a young CB on a cheap contract is a good move.  CB is a high injury position, and as both this season and last season showed, the team is only a play away from losing a player for a game or a good part of the season.  So quality depth at CB is far from a luxury.

I believe both Beane and McDermott mentioned looking at moving Christian Benford to safety, which is definitely not a position where we have a surplus, especially with Hyde coming back from a neck injury and a lot of question marks in Damar Hamlin's playing future.

I think the right player to trade is a guy who is either on a high-priced contract or about to become a high-priced contract.  Ed Oliver, for example, if he is intriguing to another team.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

You are not getting a 3 or 4 for Benford or Jackson. 6th and 7th round draft picks, Benford with a few nice plays as a rookie, Jackson with 3 years of tape as a strictly zone corner... you might get a 5th if you waited until camp and a team lost a starter and needed someone with some playing experience in a similar scheme. But that is the absolute best case scenario. If you trade them now their value is 6th round pick at best. You might get someone who'd give you a 5th for a 6th in return but that is the only way it is bringing you that kind of return. 

Killjoy …

Maybe they could trade Benford or Jackson to move up in the first round from 27 to mid teens to get their WR?

Seems another common belief here that trading up in the first can be done on the cheap..

A team has to have depth and preferably quality backups that can play, because there will inevitably be injures throughout the season.  The Bills defensive backfield hardly has a logjam that would necessitate trading anyone.

Edited by msw2112

33 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No.  Trade Tre White for the best offer. Trade Oliver for the same.  It’s clear that you MUST have a very good Oline and a handful of weapons.  KC had Kelce, Juju, McKinnon, Pacheco and some other solid supporting pieces.  We have Diggs and Knox who isn’t even used as a weapon really.

If we’re trading a secondary player, it’s Tre White. 

Makes zero sense to trade Hyde, Elam, Benford or a signed RFA Dane Jackson. 

Just doubt we’d get anything of substance for Tre White that makes it worth it for the FO to move him, instead of seeing if he follows the historical timeline for a good corner with an acl and returns to pro-bowl Tre this year. 

Edited by SCBills

17 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

To acquire extra picks the Bills should be looking to trade out of the 1st. Take what you can get but should be able to get a couple extra picks.

Last year for 27 Tampa got 2nd pick 33, 4th pick 106, and 6th pick 180. I would take that extra 4th and 6th for moving down a few spots.

Oh, absolutely, this would be amazing.

Always find it humorous when people see 3 guys who can’t separate themselves from one another, who end up starting because of injury and inept roster management, and think we now have 3 starters. 

This goes right back to the old Parcells’ saying “if you have two, you don’t have one.”  Or in this case, if you have 3, you should pray they don’t all get exposed in the same game. 

As of today, you MIGHT be able to pull a 3rd for Elam, a 5th for Benford and a 6th for Jackson.   Obviously Elam is off the table, Benford has more value as a possible starting S for you and Jackson is decent cheap depth.   At some point, you can hope one turns into a Levi Wallace type and gets a decent FA offer and gives you a shot at a comp pick.

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What I wanna know is why did DaneJackson go from a guy that I couldn’t wait to get on the field to somebody that I didn’t want to see on the field

What happened here?

He got on the field and proved you didn’t really want him there.

7 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Always find it humorous when people see 3 guys who can’t separate themselves from one another, who end up starting because of injury and inept roster management, and think we now have 3 starters. 

This goes right back to the old Parcells’ saying “if you have two, you don’t have one.”  Or in this case, if you have 3, you should pray they don’t all get exposed in the same game. 

As of today, you MIGHT be able to pull a 3rd for Elam, a 5th for Benford and a 6th for Jackson.   Obviously Elam is off the table, Benford has more value as a possible starting S for you and Jackson is decent cheap depth.   At some point, you can hope one turns into a Levi Wallace type and gets a decent FA offer and gives you a shot at a comp pick.

He got on the field and proved you didn’t really want him there.

Yeah, that doesn’t really compute he was starting for us the year before last, and holding his own

I mean I get it it happens. I’ve seen players do well one year and then fall off the map it’s just that DaneJackson didn’t seem like that type to me. I really like the secondary guys that we get from pit.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.