SB LVll Game Thread: Eagles VS Chiefs

T&C

Just now, BMWR100RT said:

I'm saying in a series decaiding game, no ref is going to call a questionable penalty.

Oh yea, for sure. At the end of an elimination game in the playoffs you pretty much have to decapitate someone to get called. It’s another reason NHL reffing is bad but predictable, so you know what to expect.

7 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'm not crazy about the bogus flag or the ending but what really makes you think KC wasn't scoring on that drive anyway. It's not like he was awarded 1st down at the 50. 

Say what? The flag came out on a 3rd and 8 I believe.  They would've had to kick the FG and there would've been plenty of time for Philly to either tie or take the lead.

That was a game deciding call in a Super Bowl.  

Horrible 

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Funny thing is I think Josh would love to have the chance to be in another one of these shootouts, win or lose. The way we went out was deflating. Philly? They can go home feeling great about this season. 

Agreed Frankish Hurts was really good…but Allen and Mahomes…why did they lay an egg against the Bengals 

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

NHL reffing might be worse, but at least it is more predictable.

If a team is down, they probably get the next power play. If the penalties are getting uneven, the team with less penalties is probably getting the next one. Even better if you can even up the penalties after the game is already out of hand.

And you still have to go score in a confined space.  Not have a yard to go for a TD, a first down on an uncatchable 3rd and 16, 2 points on a bad holding call in the endzone...etc. etc. etc.

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It was 4th down and they are kicking the fg 100% there.  Eagles would’ve had like a minute and a half and a timeout to tie/win.  Monumentally huge call

Wasn't it called on 2nd down? Can't recall but thought they still had 3rd down if it wasn't called.

Just now, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Bills almost got beat by a decimated Dolphins team and got curb stomped by the Bengals. Both teams way worse than the Eagles. 

And yet KC almost got beat by Houston who needed OT to win. Step off the ledge, the Bills are STILL a top tier team in the NFL. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.