Why isn't Frazier interviewing for Head Coaching positions?

fasteddie

If you look around the league there has been a changing of the guard when it comes to the HC most teams are trending toward younger Head Coaches .

Green Bay, Buffalo, the Bengals, Philly, Fins, & so on . I don't think that it is so much their resume it's that the league as a hole is going to a younger different change of thought which is the same as them saying the RB position is not nearly as important as it once was it's all about the passing game .

Which in every championship team they have had a good running game so all of that thought isn't 100% correct but the game it is a changing even in the coaching ranks !! 

the defense completely no-showed and let us down 3 playoffs in a row.

2020: Chiefs blew us out in AFCG

2021: 13 seconds plus 42 points to the Chiefs 

2022: total domination by the Bengals and their 3 backup OL 

It's a pattern at this point and IMO some one has to be accountable. Either all the 1st and 2nd round picks were bad picks or the coaches are not getting anything out of talented players. 

Look at the vacancies.

Texans— even that org can’t be dumb enough to try and sell Frazier as the follow up to Lovie Smith. 

Cards/ Broncos— Frazier is not the guy who’s going to rehab Murray or Wilson’s career. No chance. 

That only leaves the Panthers and Colts, and who knows how those two nimrod owners think. But as has been pointed out in this thread and elsewhere multiple times, teams want to go young and offensive for HC these days. It’s sad to say but realistically he only gets a shot from an owner who wants a one year fall guy placeholder, like Lovie was for the Texans this past year. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Just remember that Marv Levy lied about his age in 1986 when he was hired by Bills as he was already 61 and thought being >60 would hurt his chances.  Have to believe Polian knew as he and Levy worked together in Montreal in CFL and Chicago in USFL.

Ageism might be the most prevalent form of discrimination in our society today. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He is old. His scheme is very old hat and not innovative (not necessarily a bad thing but also not a thing that “sells” you). He wasn’t particularly successful in Minnesota (21-32-1). And 11 of the past 12 championship game coaches and 8 of the last 8 SB coaches will have been offensive ones. Owners look at the numbers and want offensive guys.

Why? He is not that old. He has also overseen only one legit defense in his years as a DC: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/AnarLo0.htm

Buffalo brought Quarters coverage to the NFL - before it was a "college" coverage that'd never work in the NFL... oops. Now it's a staple of every defense in the league. This schtick is getting old...

28 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Look at the vacancies.

Texans— even that org can’t be dumb enough to try and sell Frazier as the follow up to Lovie Smith. 

Cards/ Broncos— Frazier is not the guy who’s going to rehab Murray or Wilson’s career. No chance. 

That only leaves the Panthers and Colts, and who knows how those two nimrod owners think. But as has been pointed out in this thread and elsewhere multiple times, teams want to go young and offensive for HC these days. It’s sad to say but realistically he only gets a shot from an owner who wants a one year fall guy placeholder, like Lovie was for the Texans this past year. 

Well, Frazier would be the exact opposite of Saturday in Indy, and we all know how much Irsay likes to make moves against the grain of public opinion, so...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Ageism might be the most prevalent form of discrimination in our society today. 

As I've gotten older, I've swung around strongly to the view that age discrimination should be perfectly legal.  The idea that people don't slow down as they age is just nuts.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean did you watch the Bengals and Dolphin games?  It’s a what have you done for me lately league, and his defense was carved up by a depleted Dolphins team and then utterly embarrassed by the Bengals.  Too much focus always on recency bias in this league.  You can be great one day and a problem the next.  

2 weeks ago McD was beloved, untouchable, had some COY support growing, and now has his head being called for.  Josh Allen was a top 2 QB by most standards 2 weeks ago…now he’s suddenly the new Phillip Rivers and people turning on him.  

A lot can change in 2 weeks in the NFL

The Dolphins put up 15 points (they were gifted 16 by the Bills offense and ST) and averaged less than 4 yards per play! The QB had a rating of 31.

1 hour ago, Man with No Name said:

McDermott should just be de facto d coordinator/head coach. can hire a new d coordinator just for that fresh set of eyes and ears.

bring in an o coordinator with full autonomy. I don't know who that can be. A great coordinator who has shown to be a failed head coach would be nice. somebody who we know isn't going anywhere. 

I have no idea who that is or if it exists. 

I seriously doubt they'll get rid of Dorsey since Allen put up about the exact same stats when Daboll was here not that I agree with it but for those hoping for a new OC may be disappointed. If he stays OC (I believe he will) then I hope he gets more creative with screens to RB's and also incorporate TE Dawson Know alot more, this guy should be on Travis Kelce type of level but his brother passing away clearly had an affect on him and understandably so. Lets hope for bigger things in 2023-2024

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

As I've gotten older, I've swung around strongly to the view that age discrimination should be perfectly legal.  The idea that people don't slow down as they age is just nuts.

But sneaky old man game is a real thing too! :w00t: The biggest asset with age (normally), would be wealth of experience, insight and know-how. Of course there will be exceptions to any rule.   

4 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I know it's a rhetorical question,  but why isn't our "beloved" D coordinator being interviewed for all of these head coaching positions?

I would think that the Bills would get a clue and see that no team would want him running their organization when he totally got outcoached for the last three playoff years.

Just wondering. 🤔

Same reasons he hasn’t been hired as a HC in the past.  His past as a HC was poor.  He’s old.  His defense failed his team in season ending losses. 

I don’t see why anyone would ever hire him to be the HC unless it was a David Culley/Lovie Smith type hire.  Placeholder 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Maybe he just wants to retire

God we could only hope. If he returns I will lose it.

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

But sneaky old man game is a real thing too! :w00t: The biggest asset with age (normally), would be wealth of experience, insight and know-how. Of course there will be exceptions to any rule.   

With old age also comes stubborn behavior. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.