Jump to content

Beane End of Year Presser


thenorthremembers
 Share

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

 

 Nope, that's not what it means and all you did was provide more wrong information and opinions per usual. He's a x2 All-Pro, it is mentioned everywhere that he's an All-Pro and from the looks of it everyone here disagrees with you also.

 

 Instead of owning up to the bad information you provided, like a man would, you doubled down on it. But I wouldn't expect any different you. You come on here and rip the team and other posters who don't agree with you, but can't own up to a mistake you made, good job.:thumbsup:

 

 Yeah, it's mentioned everywhere you look that he was a All-Pro alternate.😂 I've never heard that before in the 45 years I've watched football. Lol, now I've heard of everything. Art Vandalay making up his own reality. 😂🤣😂🤣

 

 

 

 

 

Lmao you can't be serious, I've provided the information several times, your density and stubbornness to acknowledge basic facts is incredible. 

 

https://www.sportscasting.com/what-is-the-difference-between-being-an-nfl-all-pro-and-pro-bowler/

 

Quote

While making the Pro Bowl is considered an honor, making the NFL’s All-Pro teams are more prestigious. Unlike the Pro Bowl, which fans count for one-third of the vote and is often a popularity contest, members of the media select the All-Pro teams.

 

In 2020, those media organizations include the Associated Press (AP), Pro Football Writers of America (PFWA), and Sporting News (SN). Any player selected to the first-team of any of the teams is considered an “All-Pro” and included in the NFL Record and Fact Book.

"First team" are the only "All Pros"... anything else is just a media runner up that never gets recorded in NFL History/Fact Book. 

 

FURTHERMORE, here is a link to the 2022 NFL Record and Fact Book (for the 2021 season), which Hyde is quite clearly not an All-Pro because he wasn't, 2nd team is nothing more than a runner up recognition and nothing more 

 

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-game/2022-nfl-record-and-fact-book/

 

Literally putting everything on a platter here for you including the OFFICIAL NFL RECORD AND FACT BOOK for the season showing you such. 

 

"2nd team" is nothing more than a runner up recognition, it means nothing. It is not "All Pro".

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I understand your frustration with what he’s saying, but look at the reality, there’s virtually no cap room, you are picking, 28th (?) and you have glaring holes.  What are you going to say?  
 

“All the free agents I signed were a bust, so they are taking up cap space and the draft hasn’t looked much better, I’m pretty much running a top 5 QB out there with bottom 1/3 talent around him and hoping for the best.”?   Let’s get real, he’s got to cling to the fact they had 13 wins, and he has built in excuses, new OC, Miller got hurt, Hyde got hurt, White wasn’t quite himself, Hamlin scare, snow storms, didn’t catch the groove at the right time.  He’s basically going to be Teflon this year, wish all you want, he’s not going anywhere, nor is the team.  

 

Ironically, the first thing he did was get rid of all of the big contracts Whaley had signed with under performers and suffered a year of dead cap hits, only to be right back to it 3 years later.   Beane is MMMASSSSSSSIVLY over rated, take Allen out and watch this team fold like origami.

Wow! That is the blunt truth at its best. However, Beane does deserve credit too. He inheriented a mess from Whaley. He tore down an inadequate team and built it into a consistent playoff team. We fans were estastic with the turnaround, winning games, making the playoffs, and having a franchise QB. 

 

However, the fans and teams expectations have changed. A credit to the organization's success. The Bills were in everyone's top 3 teams in the NFL going into this year. Overwhelming favorites to win the Super Bowl. 

 

Beans is now backed himself into a corner with very little ammunition to retool the team. Paying the price his failed DL pick ups. His failure to adequately solidify an offensive line. The lack of weapons the teams has. Lastly, a coaching staff that has clearly become inferior to others especially in the playoffs. You can see the difference between Coach McD presser and Beane. Vastly and starkly not on the same page. 

 

Beane is a very intelligent guy. He can clearly see the writing on the wall. He knows the Bills team is likely trending downward. Of course he can't admit that. Instead, he had to give excuses and hope players develop and step up. 

 

I can see a total rehaul of the Bills organization within the next couple of years. Especially, if the team doesn't meet expectations. We fans should probably forget about making that Super Bowl appearance next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was listening to FOX Sports radio about 20 minutes ago. They had Donte Whitner on. 
 

The host played a clip from Beane’s press conference. The part where Beane talked about Burrow being on a rookie deal and not wanting to suck bad enough to get a Jamar Chase…blah, blah, blah.

 

The host then asked what he thought of that and Whitner said it sounded to him like a GM that is not willing to be held accountable for his own roster. Whitner then went down the list of some players the 49ers have and how the were acquired.

 

I agree with Whitner. I’m starting to lose faith in Beane running the show.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

I was listening to FOX Sports radio about 20 minutes ago. They had Donte Whitner on. 
 

The host played a clip from Beane’s press conference. The part where Beane talked about Burrow being on a rookie deal and not wanting to suck bad enough to get a Jamar Chase…blah, blah, blah.

 

The host then asked what he thought of that and Whitner said it sounded to him like a GM that is not willing to be held accountable for his own roster. Whitner then went down the list of some players the 49ers have and how the were acquired.

 

I agree with Whitner. I’m starting to lose faith in Beane running the show.

 

Maybe take a break during this extra-emotional week when you find yourself agreeing with Donte Whitner on how to be a GM. :thumbsup:

 

I'll stick with Beane.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

Lmao you can't be serious, I've provided the information several times, your density and stubbornness to acknowledge basic facts is incredible. 

 

https://www.sportscasting.com/what-is-the-difference-between-being-an-nfl-all-pro-and-pro-bowler/

 

"First team" are the only "All Pros"... anything else is just a media runner up that never gets recorded in NFL History/Fact Book. 

 

FURTHERMORE, here is a link to the 2022 NFL Record and Fact Book (for the 2021 season), which Hyde is quite clearly not an All-Pro because he wasn't, 2nd team is nothing more than a runner up recognition and nothing more 

 

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-game/2022-nfl-record-and-fact-book/

 

Literally putting everything on a platter here for you including the OFFICIAL NFL RECORD AND FACT BOOK for the season showing you such. 

 

"2nd team" is nothing more than a runner up recognition, it means nothing. It is not "All Pro".

 

 

 

 Just because he's not listed in your little handy dandy fact book means he's not an All-Pro. You do find him listed as an All-Pro everywhere else that lists All-Pro players for 2021. The original source you tried to use( Pro Football Reference) must meet your standards or else you wouldn't have used it. Scroll down to the safties and you'll find him listed as an All-Pro.

 

 He's also mentioned in countess articles, from numerous sources, videos and during NFL games and every single one has him as an All-Pro. I provided 4 previously and that was just the first few I found. Just because your little book only mentions 1st teamers doesn't mean 2nd team All-Pros aren't All-Pros. I also found a few articles that state there are no alternates in the All-Pro selection, alternates are only found in Pro Bowl selections.

 

 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/allpro.htm

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

Maybe take a break during this extra-emotional week when you find yourself agreeing with Donte Whitner on how to be a GM. :thumbsup:

 

I'll stick with Beane.


How’d that offensive line that Beane has neglected look to you for the past three seasons?

 

How about that defensive line that he has dumped all kinds of money and draft capital into? 
 

Because, to be frank, if you say anything other than both looked severely overmatched, you aren’t being honest with yourself.

 

 

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Beast said:


How’d that offensive line that Beane has neglected look to you for the past three seasons?

 

How about that defensive line that he has dumped all kinds of money and draft capital into? 
 

Because, to be frank, if you say anything other than both looked severely overmatched, you aren’t being honest with yourself.

 

 

 

That wasnt the topic. Unless Whitner mentioned which OL he wanted to draft last year. How genius of him to sit there and critique in hindsight when the team is down. But I'll note your vote for Donte Whitner for GM. :P

 

For the record, I will always trust in Brandon Beane over Donte Whitner when it comes to team building. Or pretty much anything.

  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

That wasnt the topic. Unless Whitner mentioned which OL he wanted to draft last year. How genius of him to sit there and critique in hindsight when the team is down. But I'll note your vote for Donte Whitner for GM. :P

 

For the record, I will always trust in Brandon Beane over Donte Whitner when it comes to team building. Or pretty much anything.


What about Whitner’s statement of Beane is deflecting accountability is untrue? For cripes sake do you have a reading comprehension issue? If I agree with someone regarding their opinion of the Bills and Beane that means I want them to be GM?

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The excuses Beane made for Rousseau, Philips, and Spencer Brown were half-hearted and particularly weak.  Rousseau’s high ankle sprain was 3 months ago. Phillips played good in the preseason?… did you expect a guy that out of shape and already paid to hold up? And Brown…why did you take him in the 3rd round if he was that far from being ready? 

At least he didn’t even try to make excuses for Epenesa and Basham.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The folks asking questions kept referring to Cincinnati’s WRs, which I thought was the wrong approach. It was the questioning that elicited such responses from Beane. Given the line of questioning, I think folks are making a mountain out of this molehill.

 

More focus should have been placed on the performance of Cincinnati’s offensive line. That, to me, gets to the heart of what is wrong.

 

All of McBeane have ALWAYS stated that they build from the lines out. For the backup O-line of Cincinnati to perform so well is a devastating indictment of the Bills’ approach both offensively and defensively.

 

The questions should have centered around how do the Bills implement a system where any version of their O-line can perform like Cincinnati’s did in that game. Beane could not assign “lean years” as a reason in his answer. Cincinnati’s O-line was a mess last off-season. They have improved greatly in that area. They invested in their O-line, yes. However, their play after so many injuries suggests that there is something more to that unit’s turnaround. I don’t know what it is, but I hope the Bills can get it.

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Beast said:


What about Whitner’s statement of Beane is deflecting accountability is untrue? For cripes sake do you have a reading comprehension issue? If I agree with someone regarding their opinion of the Bills and Beane that means I want them to be GM?

 

Beane has never shied away from accountability. I dont care what Donte Whitner has to say about his interpretation of a sound bite.

 

But more so, you're taking this banter way too seriously. Again, might be a sign to take a breather. Emotions are HIIIIIIIGH this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

They tried blitzing. Joe Burrow hits the hot route before the blitz gets there.

Then it's scheme and the dbs get tighter for coverage to offset that

11 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

The folks asking questions kept referring to Cincinnati’s WRs, which I thought was the wrong approach. It was the questioning that elicited such responses from Beane. Given the line of questioning, I think folks are making a mountain out of this molehill.

 

More focus should have been placed on the performance of Cincinnati’s offensive line. That, to me, gets to the heart of what is wrong.

 

All of McBeane have ALWAYS stated that they build from the lines out. For the backup O-line of Cincinnati to perform so well is a devastating indictment of the Bills’ approach both offensively and defensively.

 

The questions should have centered around how do the Bills implement a system where any version of their O-line can perform like Cincinnati’s did in that game. Beane could not assign “lean years” as a reason in his answer. Cincinnati’s O-line was a mess last off-season. They have improved greatly in that area. They invested in their O-line, yes. However, their play after so many injuries suggests that there is something more to that unit’s turnaround. I don’t know what it is, but I hope the Bills can get it.

Coaching for the neccessary scheme and talent assessment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I was listening to FOX Sports radio about 20 minutes ago. They had Donte Whitner on. 
 

The host played a clip from Beane’s press conference. The part where Beane talked about Burrow being on a rookie deal and not wanting to suck bad enough to get a Jamar Chase…blah, blah, blah.

 

The host then asked what he thought of that and Whitner said it sounded to him like a GM that is not willing to be held accountable for his own roster. Whitner then went down the list of some players the 49ers have and how the were acquired.

 

I agree with Whitner. I’m starting to lose faith in Beane running the show.

 

 Whitner has never been known to be an intelligent person. Did Whitner take into account that we were down Hyde for the last 16 games, or Von missing the final 7 games. How about Poyer playing with numerous injuries throughout the season and was no where near 100% from the Ravens game on. That's the last 14 games. Or Tre out for the 1st 10 games, then slowly getting worked in as a starter and never coming close to the player he was before tearing his ACL?

 

That's 4 out of our top 5 guys on defense, plus numerous other injuries to the defense. I mean we were down to our 3rd & ultimately our 4th string FS during the Bengals game. People pissed about Sunday's loss are acting like what they saw was our original team.

 

 What other team in the NFL could lose 2 of their top 5 defenders, have 2 other top 5 defenders clearly limited in what they physically could do, plus be down another starter(Jones) and have another player playing with only 1 arm(Phillips) and still hang with the Bengals or even get out if the Divisional round? I don't think there’s a single team that could do that. 

 

 Are there some problems on the team that need to be fix? Yes there are, but mostly on offense. The defense wasn't anything like what the roster read in September. Good news Hyde is already cleared. With another 8-9 months and being  2 years removed for his ACL surgery, Tre should be close to what he once was. And Von's surgery went really well, they were able to reuse holes ect that they drilled from his first ACL surgery. As a result his timeline to return to playing is much shorter and he said he will be ready for the 1st game of the season. Their return is like signing 3 top tier players on defense. 

 

 There's been alot of playoff blunders and bad defensive play in the playoffs with this staff. I mean if you want to talk about last year's Divisional round fiasco, I hear ya.

 

 But if there was one year that I would think they should get a pass, it's this year. Don't forget this was a very good defense the first 7 or so games. And they were minus Hyde & White at the time and playing rookie corners. Only once the injuries started to really pile up, did they start to look bad.

 

 They held Tua & Hill to very little a week after they went off on Baltimore. And 7 of the 21 points given up were gift wrapped by an offensive turnover inside our own 10. Held Lamar and the Ravens to 20, even though a 4 yard drive and a 12 yard drive resulted in 10 Ravens points because of turnovers. Held Mahomes and the Chiefs to 20, their 2nd lowest output of the season. All this was done on the road no less. They were a much better team before all the injuries to very good players happened. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bills GM Brandon Beane: 'I don't want to suck bad enough to have to get Ja'Marr Chase

 

"They right now are on the advantage of a rookie quarterback contract," Beane said of Cincinnati,

 

And they had some lean years and without getting too much into their build, I don't want to suck bad enough to have to get Ja'Marr Chase. I would love to have him, but you got to go through some lean years to do that. They were able to get Burrow at one, and I don't remember where Chase was drafted, but it was pretty high."

 

Where is the accountability here? Beane comes across as a total baby. You shouldn’t have to pick top 10 to get good players. How many assets did he give to draft total bust Tremaine Edmunds? And when he did draft in the top 10, why take Ed Oliver? Why did they trade Wyatt Teller for a 5th round pick? Why is he complaining about J’Marr Chase? We could have picked Justin Jefferson if we just sit still!

Edited by Victory Formation
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like Beane for a lot of his cagey moves.  He's been called a wizard playing 5D Chess, and I strongly agree.

 

However, for as good as he is at that, he really seems to be suffering with drafting.  Yes, he got Allen but aside from that there are a ton of misses and underachiever.

 

I think your opinion of him relies strongly on which aspect you're looking at, drafting, or wheeling and dealing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Wow! That is the blunt truth at its best. However, Beane does deserve credit too. He inheriented a mess from Whaley. He tore down an inadequate team and built it into a consistent playoff team. We fans were estastic with the turnaround, winning games, making the playoffs, and having a franchise QB. 

 

However, the fans and teams expectations have changed. A credit to the organization's success. The Bills were in everyone's top 3 teams in the NFL going into this year. Overwhelming favorites to win the Super Bowl. 

 

Beans is now backed himself into a corner with very little ammunition to retool the team. Paying the price his failed DL pick ups. His failure to adequately solidify an offensive line. The lack of weapons the teams has. Lastly, a coaching staff that has clearly become inferior to others especially in the playoffs. You can see the difference between Coach McD presser and Beane. Vastly and starkly not on the same page. 

 

Beane is a very intelligent guy. He can clearly see the writing on the wall. He knows the Bills team is likely trending downward. Of course he can't admit that. Instead, he had to give excuses and hope players develop and step up. 

 

I can see a total rehaul of the Bills organization within the next couple of years. Especially, if the team doesn't meet expectations. We fans should probably forget about making that Super Bowl appearance next year. 


Beane’s misses have put him in the corner, he hit on a boom or bust gamble in Allen and got a good player in Edmunds, from there he’s really not landed a single impact player in the draft and the COUNTLESS misses in FA have really hindered the ability to go get help. 
 

The media hype going into this year was a bit over the top.  Calling this “the most talented roster in the NFL” was a pathetic joke at best.   I sat here at the beginning of the year and said, the WRs are Diggs and a lot of hope.  Well there’s a reason that hope isn’t a strategy and we are looking at it.  Davis didn’t step up to the 2 and everyone else suffered. McKenzie drastically regressed, Crowder went full Crowder and barely played, a 5th round rookie looked like one and ya had to go dumpster diving to try to save the season.   Then you look at TE, over paid Knox (vs production anyway), let a good Vet walk and rolled with 2 guys that offered nothing.  The OL, again, had to have cap for awful defensive signings so we got guys off the scrap heap again.  
 

If you aren’t a Bills home and want more than a team just competing for the playoffs, then you have to look at Beane and REALLY start to question him.   Unless someone pops up from this draft and really takes off, this is another in a line of over drafted, under whelming players.  I’m a Groot fan and aside from Allen, he’s the biggest impact Beane has added, in comparison to the rest of league, he’s an average-ish starter.  The multiple whiffs on DEs and RBs is scary and for a guy thats supposed to be a defensive guru, I think it’s time he lets somebody take over the decisions on LBs, because that’s the weakest group of dog crap in the league behind the 2 starters, thankfully they don’t need a third, we’d still be 3 years out.

6 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

 

 Whitner has never been known to be an intelligent person. Did Whitner take into account that we were down Hyde for the last 16 games, or Von missing the final 7 games. How about Poyer playing with numerous injuries throughout the season and was no where near 100% from the Ravens game on. That's the last 14 games. Or Tre out for the 1st 10 games, then slowly getting worked in as a starter and never coming close to the player he was before tearing his ACL?

 

That's 4 out of our top 5 guys on defense, plus numerous other injuries to the defense. I mean we were down to our 3rd & ultimately our 4th string FS during the Bengals game. People pissed about Sunday's loss are acting like what they saw was our original team.

 

 What other team in the NFL could lose 2 of their top 5 defenders, have 2 other top 5 defenders clearly limited in what they physically could do, plus be down another starter(Jones) and have another player playing with only 1 arm(Phillips) and still hang with the Bengals or even get out if the Divisional round? I don't think there’s a single team that could do that. 

 

 Are there some problems on the team that need to be fix? Yes there are, but mostly on offense. The defense wasn't anything like what the roster read in September. Good news Hyde is already cleared. With another 8-9 months and being  2 years removed for his ACL surgery, Tre should be close to what he once was. And Von's surgery went really well, they were able to reuse holes ect that they drilled from his first ACL surgery. As a result his timeline to return to playing is much shorter and he said he will be ready for the 1st game of the season. Their return is like signing 3 top tier players on defense. 

 

 There's been alot of playoff blunders and bad defensive play in the playoffs with this staff. I mean if you want to talk about last year's Divisional round fiasco, I hear ya.

 

 But if there was one year that I would think they should get a pass, it's this year. Don't forget this was a very good defense the first 7 or so games. And they were minus Hyde & White at the time and playing rookie corners. Only once the injuries started to really pile up, did they start to look bad.

 

 They held Tua & Hill to very little a week after they went off on Baltimore. And 7 of the 21 points given up were gift wrapped by an offensive turnover inside our own 10. Held Lamar and the Ravens to 20, even though a 4 yard drive and a 12 yard drive resulted in 10 Ravens points because of turnovers. Held Mahomes and the Chiefs to 20, their 2nd lowest output of the season. All this was done on the road no less. They were a much better team before all the injuries to very good players happened. 

 

 

 

 

Did you consider the Bengals were without 3 starters on their OL and the Bills still managed zero pressure and got embarrassed on their own field, only truly down one starter on the DL?

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand and sympathize with the frustration of those disappointed by the Bills' loss to the Bengals.  AS my dear departed dad would have said "They stunk up the joint."

 

I don't think that you fire coaches or the GM until after the organization does a through analysis.

 

Beane's press conference is just that -- a press conference and much of what he said was in answer to questions.

 

The fact is that the Bills are in cap jail.  I think that's why Beane referred to Bengals having Burrow on a rookie contract.

 

The trajectory has been up for most of the McDermott-Beane regime.  It has stalled but at a high level -- one game away from the AFC championship game.  You don't blow up the team or coaching staff yet.  If you change schemes (particularly on D) you may need new types of players for the new scheme. That's a step backward.

 

On O it's pretty clear that the Bills need a better O line and at least one very good WR to compliment Diggs.

 

How do you do this when you are in cap jail? Contract restructures, cap going up next year, let some of out FA playrs walk.

 

But above all, the Bills need to analyze their needs and prioritize them. I trust this regime to do that.

 

My 2 cents.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

I understand and sympathize with the frustration of those disappointed by the Bills' loss to the Bengals.  AS my dear departed dad would have said "They stunk up the joint."

 

I don't think that you fire coaches or the GM until after the organization does a through analysis.

 

Beane's press conference is just that -- a press conference and much of what he said was in answer to questions.

 

The fact is that the Bills are in cap jail.  I think that's why Beane referred to Bengals having Burrow on a rookie contract.

 

The trajectory has been up for most of the McDermott-Beane regime.  It has stalled but at a high level -- one game away from the AFC championship game.  You don't blow up the team or coaching staff yet.  If you change schemes (particularly on D) you may need new types of players for the new scheme. That's a step backward.

 

On O it's pretty clear that the Bills need a better O line and at least one very good WR to compliment Diggs.

 

How do you do this when you are in cap jail? Contract restructures, cap going up next year, let some of out FA playrs walk.

 

But above all, the Bills need to analyze their needs and prioritize them. I trust this regime to do that.

 

My 2 cents.

Well, I agree with much of this, but I just don't think the passive D employed by Frazier is the answer. I agree with those folks who assert 1) The scheme requires too many premium athletes and the health of those athletes to be effective and 2) the defense puts up gaudy numbers by pummeling average and weak teams in the regular season, but struggles against better competition in the playoffs. Changing schemes may require a step backwards regarding personnel, but staying with something proven ineffective when it counts most isn't exactly staying in place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...