Beane End of Year Presser

thenorthremembers

6 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Beane won't throw a player under the bus publicly. Also, I believe that he is building some good will to possibly trade some players for picks (i.e. Oliver). 

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer but his drafting hasn't been his strong suit. 2 second and 2 first round picks on the DL. They would also then have a giant hole at DT oh and were 20M over the cap. I haven't totally lost faith in this staff but this is going to be a huge offseason for everyone involved (Beane/McDermott). If it's another stinker in the playoffs can they be trusted after that? Again I'm hoping it doesn't come to that because I really like McDermott and Beane but you have to think the leash just got at least a little shorter right?

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel2014

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer but his drafting hasn't been his strong suit. 2 second and 2 first round picks on the DL. They we have a giant hole at DT oh and were 20M over the cap. I haven't totally lost faith in this staff but this is going to be a huge offseason for everyone involved (Beane/McDermott). If it's another stinker in the playoffs can they be trusted after that? Again I'm hoping it doesn't come to that because I really like McDermott and Beane but you have to think the leash just got at least a little shorter right?

Definitely agree that's it's going to be a big off season for them. They will have to be creative because they are sorry if limited in what they can do given their cap. 

I'm still confident in this staff. I don't want them to blow the thing up but they must pivot.  I'm leaning more towards not renewing Frazer's contact, not resigning Poyer, trading Oliver and Epenesa for picks. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.