I said this Last Year McDermott lacks the killer instinct.

Rebel101

31 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ok, and who is the hot-handed winner on our team that needs the chance they arent getting?

Careful, you're setting yourself up for an "Isaiah Hodgins" conversation. 

1 minute ago, MPL said:

Careful, you're setting yourself up for an "Isaiah Hodgins" conversation. 

I dont see how that has anything to do with the conversation of GMs/Owners having the guts to move on from winning Coaches.

But that means someone will almost certainly try to use it to argue against me, so thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

Rams went for it and won.  Good thing because we've seen what it looks like post 2022.

Eagles have gone for it. Let's see if they take home the trophy.   Looks rough for them moving forward with their pending FA's, but they've set themselves up to at least have a chance to not follow the Rams path. 

Roseman hit on his lottery tickets, Beane has been so-so in that dept. outside of Josh Allen.

That's a bit like saying "yeah the mansion is nice but the yard is so-so" but Roseman has the mansion and the yard. 

Imagine how stacked the Bills DL would be if Epenesa, Basham, Oliver, and Groot were all legit threats in the pass rush and Elam was a contender for DROY. 

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Roseman hit on his lottery tickets, Beane has been so-so in that dept. outside of Josh Allen.

That's a bit like saying "yeah the mansion is nice but the yard is so-so" but Roseman has the mansion and the yard. 

Imagine how stacked the Bills DL would be if Epenesa, Basham, Oliver, and Groot were all legit threats in the pass rush and Elam was a contender for DROY. 

Did he? Hurts has been solid, but Davonta Smith looked like crap until they went and traded for AJ Brown. 

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Did he? Hurts has been solid, but Davonta Smith looked like crap until they went and traded for AJ Brown. 

That roster is pretty stacked, although yeah not everything is perfect. 

I'm just looking at a roster stacked with talent that makes plays from top to bottom with a skinnier version of Zack Taylor and his "nobody respects us" bit at HC. 

On 1/22/2023 at 7:25 PM, Rebel101 said:

McDermott has done a lot for Buffalo. him dorsey and Frazier need to go. Team has been sloppy and lacked motivation since the bye

Let's sign OJ to be the team motivation coach. We all know he has a killer instinct.

Maybe I missed it when I scanned through all 5 pages .... I'm the first one to go to OJ?!?

Angry Office Space GIF

Edited by damj
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 1/30/2023 at 2:59 PM, Trock said:

We had a tough road because of Hamlins injury. We should’ve had the bye, played the Jags, thenChiefs or Bengals, then in.  

We were screwed royally. Pretty Billsy bad luck. 

Seems a bit presumptuous. Hamlin wouldn’t have made the outcome different in The Jungle from the one in the playoffs. Sounds like Titans’ fans when they talk about how they almost won the Super Bowl. No, they came close to tying the Lambs, not winning. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont think it was big guts to move on from Wentz. And if Pederson wanted to make a stink about it and lay his neck on the line then so be it.

I give Rosen a bunch of credit, dont get me wrong.

I just dont see how any of that is analogous to the Bills situation. Other than folks wanting the Bills to fire a winning HC, but without the rationale.

it’s not analogous to what the Bills have done. That’s the point several are making. It is as opposed to what the Bills have done

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Yup, unfortunately none of those 5 players look elite.  Jury still out on Elam & Rousseau?  2 olineman in AJE & Basham's spot would look real nice right now. 

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

The fired Pederson after he went:

9-7

9-7

4-11

That’s a bit different than

10-6

13-3

12-5

13-3 

No?

A bit of context is needed here...

Pederson won a Super Bowl with a BACKUP QUARTERBACK, then went 9-7 with a backup QB (because Wentz can't stay healthy). And he went 4-11 in a season where 4 of his 5 offensive linemen went to IR, their secondary was decimated (sound familiar?) and they let numerous players go in free agency (Howie was already starting the rebuild).

Doug Peterson had 3 winning seasons and a Lombardi Trophy with Carson Wentz and Nick Foles as his QB's. That alone is incredible. 

McDermott on the other hand has always had Allen under center since 2019.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Einstein said:

A bit of context is needed here...

Pederson won a Super Bowl with a BACKUP QUARTERBACK, then went 9-7 with a backup QB (because Wentz can't stay healthy). And he went 4-11 in a season where 4 of his 5 offensive linemen went to IR, their secondary was decimated (sound familiar?) and they let numerous players go in free agency (Howie was already starting the rebuild).

Doug Peterson had 3 winning seasons and a Lombardi Trophy with Carson Wentz and Nick Foles as his QB's. That alone is incredible. 

McDermott on the other hand has always had Allen under center since 2019.

You don’t see a difference between 13-3 and 9-7?  

I give Dorsey and Fraizer one more year. Dorsey was a rookie, and anyone who didn't think there'd be some growing pains is crazy. I'll cut Fraizer some slack due to the constant injuries, but next year it's put up or shut up. That d line should be unstoppable. Lots of high draft picks and Ofcourse von. 

I'm not on the fire McDermott train, but some things have to change 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.