Will your respect for Tom Brady change when he retires?

Just Jack

Will your respect for Tom change?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Will your respect for Tom change?

• Yes, he has accomplished a lot
    • No, my feelings will not change

11 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Do you think you’ll feel differently once Tom does decide to give up his NFL career? He has done a lot that we may never see any other player do in our lifetime. 

Nothing will change for me. The greatest QB ever to play the game. I've felt that for years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, K-9 said:

GOAT discussions of any kind on any subject, while entertaining, are utterly fruitless. All the greats in any subject may have a seat at the table. And it’s a round table.

It is a 3D table since rules, equipment and physical training / recovery has changed.  

Many current QBs could not last in earlier eras.

It is why records keep getting broken.

It's actually trending toward the negative if he keeps going. I had peak respect for him last year. Then he lost his family over a first round exit. It's getting weird, and he looks like a shrunken corn cob.

I kind of hope he plays for another decade now, facing miserable defeat after defeat. Kind of like the universe grounding him back into paste for the sake of balance.

Cheater, so no respect.  Just like I have zero respect for McGwire, Sosa and especially Bonds. 

Props for keeping his body in shape for this long a career.  Hope it was all natural methods.

Honestly, if he never cheated I’d still have a problem with him and his cry baby tactics with the refs.  Tired of watching him get in the refs face whenever something doesn’t go his way.  And that soccer style slide tackle this last game was pure bush league.

I will respect what he has accomplished .. but not his demeanor. Another case of him being above the law 

after a pick this week he slid at the legs of the ball carrier.. now we know where the baby goat gets it

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/17/tom-brady-gets-away-with-a-dirty-move-for-now/

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, Patrick Duffy said:

When putting any feelings aside anyone has for him, taking a clear look at his career from 2001 when he got his 1st opportunity up to now.....even anyone that hates or refuses to admit it, you have to acknowledge and to some extent respect not only the success he's had, but the number of years he has played, (maybe still playing).

Kinda at least makes you wonder wtf does this guy do to his body to make himself able to play up to 46yo. I membah 10 years ago we all have thought he will start to such and have to retire. Whatever he does to keep himself going I'd like to try it

I'd like to know what's in his personal supply of TB12. 🔍

I've always respected his accomplishments.

Absolutely hate the player, but he's undeniably the GOAT imo. There is absolutely zero chance we'll ever see any QB net 7 x Super Bowl wins ever again. FREAKING SEVEN!

The Pats were previously among the handful of teams that never won a ring before Brady. Then in one QB generation, they sit atop 1st place with a storied franchise like the Steelers & above others like the Cowboys, Packers & 49ers. That's insane. So yeah, I'll always root against him, but I'm not living in denial either.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.