We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

41 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Joe Burrow had 5 passing tds in 4 playoff games last year. It took Josh 7 drives or 51 minutes 23 seconds of game time to throw 5 tds last year. Burrow and the Bengals scored 7 tds & 14 fgs, yes 14, on 42 possessions in last years playoffs. If it was anyone besides him or Mahomes that's all that would be getting talked about, how the qb couldn't get the ball in the endzone and that's why they didn't win the Super Bowl. The offense only averaged 22.75 points a game in those 4 games. Burrow didn't carry the Bengals to the Super Bowl, he was carried there by his kicker(who went 14/14 on fgs) and defense.

Not for nothing but last year doesn’t matter. I think the reason the Bills aren’t picked as much as the Bengals is simple. The Bills offense wins ball games in strange and often different ways, they turnover the ball more than the other big teams, they look erratic at times. The bengals are traditional. What makes the Bills really dangerous is Josh. Until he wins a SB I don’t think he’ll get the recognition he truly deserves. Hopefully that’s this February 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Not for nothing but last year doesn’t matter. I think the reason the Bills aren’t picked as much as the Bengals is simple. The Bills offense wins ball games in strange and often different ways, they turnover the ball more than the other big teams, they look erratic at times. The bengals are traditional. What makes the Bills really dangerous is Josh. Until he wins a SB I don’t think he’ll get the recognition he truly deserves. Hopefully that’s this February 

Help me understand the meaning of the phrase "not for nothing." Tasker and Chris Brown use it ALL THE TIME and I can't wrap my head around what it's supposed to mean because the context never seems to make sense. In this case, you say, "Not for nothing but last year doesn't matter." Aren't these two statements contradictory?

3 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I only bring up last year because for the last 2 weeks all anyone has heard is yeah but Burrow led his team to the Super Bowl. He didn't lead anything, he was the one led there by the rest of his team and the refs in 1 game.

Besides who wants a traditional offense these days? I would say the top 2 offenses in the league are not a traditional offense. Me,  personally, I would want the offense who scores more points, which the Bills do. Also traditionally good traditional teams run the ball well, Cincy is really bad at that.

22 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Watched the highlights of last week’s Cincy game and was pretty unimpressed with Burrow and the Bengals offense. Maybe it was the strategy, but they were very conservative and weren’t really pushing it downfield.

Also gave the ball back to the Ravens with 3 minutes left to give them a chance (and they did drive down to the red zone before a holding call killed them). Try giving the ball back to Allen with 3 minutes left and see how that works out for you.

According to one Cincy poster, @Caesar, it's on Taylor because he becomes very conservative with his playcalling with pretty much any lead.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

According to one Cincy poster, @Caesar, it's on Taylor because he becomes very conservative with his playcalling with pretty much any lead.

Baltimore is the type of team that gives the Bengals trouble; we are exactly the opposite so any hope that last week's bad performance carries to our game is probably unlikely.

THREE starting OLmen being out, though, should help.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Baltimore is the type of team that gives the Bengals trouble; we are exactly the opposite so any hope that last week's bad performance carries to our game is probably unlikely.

And what type of team is that? Against the Bengals, the Ravens play cover 2 or soft man coverage. In the last game, their nickel corner played over 95% of the snaps. Here's Joe Burrow after the Monday Night loss in Baltimore earlier this year:

"They were taking away all of our deep shots. Even when they were playing man, they were playing pretty soft, high hip, I thought for the most part," Burrow said. "They did a good job of making us check it down and making us have these long 12 – 15 play drives.”

That's exactly what the Bills do all the time. Much like with the Steelers, Terrell Suggs is not walking through that door.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Help me understand the meaning of the phrase "not for nothing." Tasker and Chris Brown use it ALL THE TIME and I can't wrap my head around what it's supposed to mean because the context never seems to make sense. In this case, you say, "Not for nothing but last year doesn't matter." Aren't these two statements contradictory?

Its a way to emphasize something happened for good reason.  My ex boss use to say it all the time and it drove me up a wall.

30 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

The bills are getting picked by ‘experts’ substantially more than the bengals in this one.  It’s just one specific ESPN show that went the other way with it.  65% of the expert picks are on the bills 

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

So it’s unlikely that the Bengals play bad 2 games in a row but if I’m understanding you correctly it Hank god they have 3 linemen out otherwise the Bills would definitely play 2 bad games in a row? I’ll tell you what I’ll still take it! The Bills “bad” game still got 34 points on offense and they gave up roughly 250 yards on defense-works for me!

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The bills are getting picked by ‘experts’ substantially more than the bengals in this one.  It’s just one specific ESPN show that went the other way with it.  65% of the expert picks are on the bills 

And three of the four MMQB writers.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is interesting. I’ve thought for several months that the Bills offense under Dorsey has gotten predictable, and only because Josh is able to perform feats of strength do they continue winning.  I hope Dorsey is self scouting these tendencies and becomes less predictable.  

(Assuming this dude’s breakdown is legit)

8 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

So it’s unlikely that the Bengals play bad 2 games in a row but if I’m understanding you correctly it Hank god they have 3 linemen out otherwise the Bills would definitely play 2 bad games in a row? I’ll tell you what I’ll still take it! The Bills “bad” game still got 34 points on offense and they gave up roughly 250 yards on defense-works for me!

The Bengals are a "meh" team in the playoffs. Were all last year, and look the same this year. 

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

This is interesting. I’ve thought for several months that the Bills offense under Dorsey has gotten predictable, and only because Josh is able to perform feats of strength do they continue winning.  I hope Dorsey is self scouting these tendencies and becomes less predictable.  

(Assuming this dude’s breakdown is legit)

And they still scored 34 points and left a bunch of points on the field with the Dolphins doing all this.

That should tell you all you need to know as to just how special Allen is as a player.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It means what I’m about to say has a meaning. What I say, I say with a purpose or ‘not for nothing’

38 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I only bring up last year because for the last 2 weeks all anyone has heard is yeah but Burrow led his team to the Super Bowl. He didn't lead anything, he was the one led there by the rest of his team and the refs in 1 game.

Besides who wants a traditional offense these days? I would say the top 2 offenses in the league are not a traditional offense. Me,  personally, I would want the offense who scores more points, which the Bills do. Also traditionally good traditional teams run the ball well, Cincy is really bad at that.

I do not disagree however in a perfect world Josh would be aggressive and also careful when need be. 😎

20 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I see equal parts Bills and Bengals. It is a pick ‘em game for sure. I just watched the NFL preview and 5 picked the Bills, 5 picked the Cats. All picked a close game. 

3 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

They don't have the RB to pull it off either. There's nothing to be scared of Mixon, who has averaged only 3.9 yards a carry this year. He anchors the worst rushing attack in the playoffs. The Bengals average the least amount of rushing yards per game and yards per carry of any team left.

Everyone goes crazy because Mixon went 154 for 4TDs and another 58 and 1 receiving against Carolina Week 9. 

Which was like 20% of his total production all year 😂

55 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I have always understood it to mean something a long the lines of "there's good reason: e.g. "Not for nothing, the Bills rely heavily on their QB."  Not sure it works quite that way, though, in the sentence you quote.

• Agree 2