We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

Just now, Drew21PA said:

They are just as cocky as Joe burrow and mixon

really hope that arrogance underplays the bills and we have a solid game

Wow fans on there teams message board being cocky what a new concept. I've gotten used to the opposite around here, always looking for a flaw, always over analyzing every play. Hearing week after week how this team sucks and we won't win. But after winning 8 games in a row, I'm feeling like Bengals fans to be honest. Bring it on baby!!!!. This isn't the jungle the Bills run the show here. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Bills need to be physical on offense and defense.  Ravens ran it at Hendrickson so much that the Bengals had to pull him unless it was an obvious passing down.  We need to control the clock on offense and be real physical with their WR’s.  This is an Elam game.  Lawson also needs to play way more than Epenesa.  Id also consider not playing nickel and putting an extra LB on field, but not sure how you solve for keeping Taron on the field.  

No chance 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

If Shakir makes that catch this board is totally different yesterday and today.  Everything snowballed from that moment on 

Shakir and the Knox end zone review.  That game went from 21-0 to 17-17 in a blink... and i did blink unlike Von Miller!

I still think Knox had control of that football a millisecond before it scraped a few blades of grass...which makes it a legal catch.  I was surprised they overturned it.  Romo and the ref in the booth were dying for it to be overturned so Miami could stay in the game a bit longer, and they sure did.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

If Shakir makes that catch this board is totally different yesterday and today.  Everything snowballed from that moment on 

I would argue that it started snowballing when Knox dropped that pass in the EZ. Then after the FG Bass kicked out of bounds giving the Fins a short field.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I totally agree it's time for Josh to run like crazy; every game is time for him to rush like crazy.

I've been saying for 5 years and it's still true: the most dangerous thing we do is a Josh Allen running play.

O line will not "pick it up" with a quick gut check.  They are very much league average and we all know about how well they play.  They'll have a rough day.

It's funny that after the Demar game, we find ourselves right back to where we were...only with a change of stadium.

I agree we'll need to score a TON, but that's not the key to this one.

We need to keep the self-inflicted wounds to ZERO for this one, and we haven't done that in like 8 or 9 games now.  I lost count.  

You know, the kind that we suffered all day yesterday and that almost let Miami win a game in which they were dominated on the stat sheet.  

More of that next week and we're done.

It’s funny that people still don’t know his name

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Shakir and the Knox end zone review.  That game went from 21-0 to 17-17 in a blink... and i did blink unlike Von Miller!

I still think Knox had control of that football a millisecond before it scraped a few blades of grass...which makes it a legal catch.  I was surprised they overturned it.  Romo and the ref in the booth were dying for it to be overturned so Miami could stay in the game a bit longer, and they sure did.

Didn’t look like a catch to me.

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

I would argue that it started snowballing when Knox dropped that pass in the EZ. Then after the FG Bass kicked out of bounds giving the Fins a short field.

I agree that it was the shakir drop where everything snowballed. Glad the kid made up for it on the big 3rd down catch

10 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Based on the Bengals scoring 17 on O today?

Amazing how people make every team out to be some offensive juggernaut

against us, teams score points seemingly.  

plus, Cincy was pushing it against us in the Mon night game. 

winder if Hyde is back, although Marlowe looked good against a 7th round rookie

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

Defensive DVOA rankings for the Bills by quarter:

1st: 23rd

2nd: 1st

3rd: 6th

4th: 6th

Bills tend to adjust well once they see teams tendencies.

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I’m noticing cinci tends to cool off so…yeah they did - games I’ve watched I was always surprised how cinci is like Buffalo

falls apart in the middle quarters

maybe I’m wrong but they let people hang around like Buffalo does for whatever reason 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The question I like to ask myself is if the score was different and say the Bills were down 14-0, would the officials have let the call on the field stand?  I think yes, because I do think there is an element of refereeing where when in doubt, the officials act to keep the game closer (at least subconsciously).

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Yesterday was only the second time that the Bills defense has given up 30 points. 

10 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Could be the game of the year. I expect a shootout!

Expect the Bengals to come with a heavy dose of Perine and Mixon early. The Bengals are gonna want to open the middle of the field for slants and run after the catch to help their porous offensive line. The Bills defensive line will need a big game tackling. 

50 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Bills need to be physical on offense and defense.  Ravens ran it at Hendrickson so much that the Bengals had to pull him unless it was an obvious passing down.  We need to control the clock on offense and be real physical with their WR’s.  This is an Elam game.  Lawson also needs to play way more than Epenesa.  Id also consider not playing nickel and putting an extra LB on field, but not sure how you solve for keeping Taron on the field.  

Why? The Bengals are not a good running team. Worse than the Bills.

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Yesterday was only the second time that the Bills defense has given up 30 points. 

The defense did not give up 30 points, they gave up 24. Miami scored a TD on defense.

• Thank you (+1) 2