Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

I was excited when I was part of page 100 never in my mind would we be here at page 274 heading to 300.... I think he stays this season and get cut. The hard part is he won't get a high contract if doesn't have great year which is hard to predict in AZ.

On 5/15/2023 at 9:59 PM, HappyDays said:

I still don't expect Hopkins to be on the Cardinals for the full season. At this point I think he'll be the top trade deadline candidate. By then the Cards will be something like 2-7 with their eye on Caleb Williams. If Gabe Davis still doesn't look the part as the WR2 I could see us making an in-season "over the hump" move like this. That scenario probably makes the most sense for all involved parties to be honest. We save money on Hopkins and get him in time for our brutal stretch run, Arizona gets to save face because no one could blame them for offloading him in the middle of a lost season, Hopkins gets to join a contender as they approach the playoffs. Everybody wins.

There is no scenario we can afford Hopkins, this has been beat to death....unless Cards eat a large majority of his salary (which is very unlikely).  It'd require restructuring more deals, which Beane has said he's opposed to.

As far as Gabe "still not looking the part of a #2", it comes down to more than him.  This offense lacked any slot WR/middle field threat LY.  A hopefully improved Shakir, Kincaid, then some more diverse weapons in Harty/Sherfield and Knox not having dealt with a major loss.

I'd add OL really struggled as well, both interior and Spencer at times.  Spencer hopefully is over his back issue, and continues to improve. 

On top of all of this, Dorsey having another season under his belt. 

Point is, this isnt a simple issue of Gabe becoming the #2 that fans are clamoring for.  People need to realize that we have a modern NFL offense that doesn't need two high end WRs, Chiefs and other teams have proven its about balance.  

Now if Diggs would go down for an extended injury, then a Dhop would make sense.  Otherwise, our offense should be primarily Diggs focused, with a more well rounded complimentary group this season.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

is the cards season really over? the nfc is weak af and they could sneak in the last wild card spot. hell, miami did last year in a deep afc.

And then their season would over 1 game later.  

39 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

There is no scenario we can afford Hopkins, this has been beat to death....unless Cards eat a large majority of his salary (which is very unlikely).  It'd require restructuring more deals, which Beane has said he's opposed to.

As far as Gabe "still not looking the part of a #2", it comes down to more than him.  This offense lacked any slot WR/middle field threat LY.  A hopefully improved Shakir, Kincaid, then some more diverse weapons in Harty/Sherfield and Knox not having dealt with a major loss.

I'd add OL really struggled as well, both interior and Spencer at times.  Spencer hopefully is over his back issue, and continues to improve. 

On top of all of this, Dorsey having another season under his belt. 

Point is, this isnt a simple issue of Gabe becoming the #2 that fans are clamoring for.  People need to realize that we have a modern NFL offense that doesn't need two high end WRs, Chiefs and other teams have proven its about balance.  

Now if Diggs would go down for an extended injury, then a Dhop would make sense.  Otherwise, our offense should be primarily Diggs focused, with a more well rounded complimentary group this season.

And with Allen stating he will be a QB first football player second well that says to me he's going to be more aware of the down and distance as well as how the game is going to keep him healthy and when the boy is healthy puts alot of pressure on the opponents defense.  I expect the oline will prove to be improved and that will really test opponents and they will all be found lacking as Josh really dominates with all his new weapons and our defense gets to feast on opposing qbs.   

And McDermott will finally learn the best defensive improvement was to give Josh more weapons and protection.  When Josh can pick apart teams where they have busted coverage then I don't see the Bills losing many games.  Possible yes of course, as any given Sunday and that's why they play the games, but I just don't see the team having another year of all the issues they dealt with last season.  So with a more focused team they will be too tough to beat and I really don't think they will lose many games.  I certainly think the old 70s Dolphins, likely very few left these days, will have to cancel their champagne orders.

It's established at this point that Hopkins wants to play here. From Beane's public comments I suspect that he would love to have him here too. The issue is we can't afford it unless Arizona agrees to retain most of the salary. I'm hoping that as we approach the trade deadline both sides can figure something out. Jerry Jeudy is another trade deadline candidate to keep an eye on if Denver's season goes downhill quickly like I expect.

• Like (+1) 2

It's quite obvious that Hopkins is not finishing the season with Arizona.  

Only question in my mind is does he begin the season with them?

I'm sure the Chiefs are in on all this too, but I don't think it's crazy to say that Hopkins seems to have an affinity for Allen/Buffalo if given a choice.  

17 minutes ago, Dave_Bills said:

We can still get to 300 pages

I’m thinking 375 easy, this thread is the gift that keeps on giving, kinda like a STD…, 

😂