Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

11 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Davis had 93 targets in a full season. Dhop had 96 targets in 9 games. Huge difference 

He also caught 67% of 'em as opposed to 51% of 'em...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The Bills can either figure out a way to bring Hopkins in and compete for a championship or don’t and hope to win our division and not take 3rd.

I could see it being that much of a difference.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Just say no.

DHop only has any production at this point in his career because of his high volume of targets.

He will be 31 when the season starts. Was busted for PEDs and has started getting injured. Big no thank you.

19 games combined over the past two seasons.

IMO Buffalo needed to get a legitimate slot guy to replace the Bease, not an outside guy to replace Davis.

Last year Davis had 93 targets, DHOP had 96.

Davis had 100+ more yards, more than double the TDs, a much higher YPC average and the same number of first downs generated compared to DHOP.

Davis also had Allen at QB and Hopkins had a midget with a gaming addiction.

• Haha (+1) 2

watch the entire Cardinals highlight video they put out for Hopkins for this past season.  I saw a receiver with elite ball skills/hands, one who knows where to sit in zones, and one that would make this team better.

I also was unimpressed with his lack of explosiveness/speed, but he makes up for it with his elite ability to make contested catches. But I wasn't blown away or thinking he is a huge upgrade over what we have.

All in all, I'm in if they decide he is worth the draft capital, but I don't view him in the same way I thought I would. And all this based on one highlight video, so a huge caveat there. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Hopkins is basically a Bill at this point. He’s already alluded to as much with his glowing responses, provoked or randomly. He is not picking Lamar over Allen. 

Except he lost the right to pick. PED' suspension stripped that. They can trade him anywhere they want.

1 minute ago, Radar said:

Except he lost the right to pick. PED' suspension stripped that. They can trade him anywhere they want.

And the rejoinder to this objection has also been talked about. He still has to agree to any restructure on the contract that might be necessary for teams to fit him under the cap. He does have some say in where he ends up.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

Does this mean that you don't expect Marshawn to drive into someone on Chippewa then? :lol:

That was a busy June 2008. 

Ahhhhhh the good old days. I definitely bought a shirt in the parking lot that year that said “Marshawn can hit whoever the **** he wants.”

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

And the rejoinder to this objection has also been talked about. He still has to agree to any restructure on the contract that might be necessary for teams to fit him under the cap. He does have some say in where he ends up.

Good point.

3 minutes ago, Special K said:

I'm thinking Darnell Washington at pick 34 if the "D-Hop pick swap" happens.

I'd love it, but I suspect he might go late first and somehow I doubt Beane takes TE over D if they make the trade.

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Jack Campbell. We have a glaring need at MLB

I could be wrong, but I think at least one of the three MLB's(Campbell, Sanders, Simpson) will still be available at pick 59, plus there are some mid-round MLB's that could be selected with pick 91.

Just now, Special K said:

I could be wrong, but I think at least one of the three MLB's(Campbell, Sanders, Simpson) will still be available at pick 59, plus there are some mid-round MLB's that could be selected with pick 91.

Yeah I think would really like to draft a MLB but they know it’s bad value at #27.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Jack Campbell. We have a glaring need at MLB

Trenton Simpson is a better choice, imo. His ceiling is higher and I think he's a closer replacement for Edmunds' role. Campbell is very easy to root for and I'll hope he is better than I suppose if selected, but just now I'm irritated by the large consensus in his favor. I'm not seeing the player many of you do and I suspect the intangibles are overriding what is actually on tape.

• Agree 1