Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

14 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

If that's the case, better not be much value going back AZ's way.

You need to give at least a decent offer because AZ is under no obligation to move DHop out.

If the Bills can get DHop for a 3rd and restructure his contract, that would be a huge get IMO.  Remember when we traded a 1st for Diggs?

Just now, mrags said:

This———^

Yep, this isn’t something that is totally out of our control. It’s not like Hopkins is a FA and has a choice to where he goes. This is all about negotiations and working the cap. This falls squarely on Beane to make this happen. It will be a major L if he loses to KC’s GM. 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That doesn’t work.  Sure if there was a conclusion maybe, but new info easily gets buried many pages back you gotta keep going back pages to find.  I mean I just did it in this thread earlier this morning where like 8 pages back I found some posts that were new since I last saw updates.  

If you're that particular, you'll just have to wade through like a picker at a swap meet.

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

You need to give at least a decent offer because AZ is under no obligation to move DHop out.

If the Bills can get DHop for a 3rd and restructure his contract, that would be a huge get IMO.  Remember when we traded a 1st for Diggs?

Yes, the rumor at least was compensation would probably be closer to the Cooks deal in Dallas. It's worth a third, though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

If you're that particular, you'll just have to wade through like a picker at a swap meet.

Yes, the rumor at least was compensation would probably be closer to the Cooks deal in Dallas. It's worth a third, though.

It ultimately depends on what KC and other teams are offering. I mean would anyone really care if we sent a 2nd if it meant we win a super bowl next year with Diggs + Hopkins? 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

More like I’m that busy, but all good

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

It ultimately depends on what KC and other teams are offering. I mean would anyone really care if we sent a 2nd if it meant we win a super bowl next year with Diggs + Hopkins? 

After the fact, of course not. Before then, folks will think that's too much.

• Agree 1

I’m sorry friends,

But seeing how Beane operates with trades (we either hear nothing or we get whispers right when it’s imminent), I feel the longer this goes the less likely it is to happen. 

Honestly, if this was to happen it would’ve already, and I’d be willing to bet Beane is pissed DH’s camp leaked this. 

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’m sorry friends,

But seeing how Beane operates with trades (we either hear nothing or we get whispers right when it’s imminent), I feel the longer this goes the less likely it is to happen. 

Honestly, if this was to happen it would’ve already, and I’d be willing to bet Beane is pissed DH’s camp leaked this. 

Yes because figuring out how to structure a contract doesn't take any time...

Just now, Dr. Who said:

After the fact, of course not. Before then, folks will think that's too much.

I’m super confident we win a super bowl if we land Hopkins. It’s impossible to double both Diggs and Hopkins, so somebody is going to eat, even if that means Davis or Shakir feast. This is the missing piece of offense. I’ve been saying it since Davis failed to breakout. I honestly don’t even care if we give up a 1st (if that is what it takes), it shouldn’t but I’m willing to do it. Not only does Hopkins provide another solid 1B option opposite of Diggs, he is a solid backup in case we run into injury issues with Diggs. We land Hopkins, nobody is stopping us. 

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’m sorry friends,

Honestly, if this was to happen it would’ve already, and I’d be willing to bet Beane is pissed DH’s camp leaked this

Unless he wanted to identify moles w/in the organization or drive the price up for other players like the Chiefs.

IF/SHOULD we sign Hopkins, Thats it! Super Bowl!

His addition would give us 2 All Pro WR’s, 2 All Pro S’s, an All Pro QB,  All Pro DE, All Pro LB, Pro Bowl LT, Pro Bowl C, Pro Bowl G, Pro Bowl TE, a great PK, great Kick Returner, and competent and LS.

This is a larger collection of talent than any previous team -including those who made the SB 4 straight years! 

Dammit, Brandon! Get it Done!

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m super confident we win a super bowl if we land Hopkins. It’s impossible to double both Diggs and Hopkins, so somebody is going to eat, even if that means Davis or Shakir feast. This is the missing piece of offense. I’ve been saying it since Davis failed to breakout. I honestly don’t even care if we give up a 1st (if that is what it takes), it shouldn’t but I’m willing to do it. Not only does Hopkins provide another solid 1B option opposite of Diggs, he is a solid backup in case we run into injury issues with Diggs. We land Hopkins, nobody is stopping us. 

I'm guessing you lose a lot at poker. 

I'm totally on board with acquiring Hopkins. You don't have to pay that much.

If it doesn't happen, I doubt it's a compensation issue.