49ers nip Bills for best net point differential by a point

Big Turk

49ers finish at +170 to the Bills +169.  Must have been nice to play 6 games in that division this year...

Thanks Josh/Davis. Allen gave away 3 in the first half and Davis dropped a perfectly thrown TD late in the game.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Brock Purdy with another 3TDs, no turnovers and 75% completion.

He's now played 6 games, which is more than most folks were suggesting that it would take D coordinators to "figure him out".

Maybe next week?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

He's now played 6 games, which is more than most folks were suggesting that it would take D coordinators to "figure him out".

Maybe next week?

You’re probably right. Next stop Canton. 

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

Maybe next week?

Yep.. they’re my pick for the SB in the NFC

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

49ers finish at +170 to the Bills +169.  Must have been nice to play 6 games in that division this year...

Thanks Josh/Davis. Allen gave away 3 in the first half and Davis dropped a perfectly thrown TD late in the game.

I am not usually that dude that acts like a downer on threads but does anyone really care that the niners got us by one point?

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Jeez, did you have some $ on us finishing with the best point differential or what?

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Playing off of your post that claims 6 games is enough to have figured him out. 

It wasn't my claim, it was the excuse others were making for the toughness and smart play he displayed the minute he stepped on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

It wasn't my claim, it was the excuse others were making for the toughness and smart play he displayed the minute he stepped on the field.

But thanks for your valuable contribution anyway...

Well here’s another gem for you. I don’t think 6 games makes him franchise either. Best bet is he looks like a rookie in the playoffs. And you’re welcome 

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Maybe next week?

I think what it shows is that Shanahan runs the most effective but easy to play in offense for a QB possibly in NFL history.

Edited by Big Turk

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I think what it shows is that Shanahan runs the most effective but easy to play in offense for a QB possibly in NHL history.

I won't argue that Purdy is doing it all by himself or that he isn't in a perfect situation for a rookie; my take has just been that he's the best QB on the roster and makes the 49ers far more dangerous than they would be with Garoppolo or Lance.

39 minutes ago, Simon said:

Maybe next week?

Just the next dude in a long list of dudes being dudes in the Shanahan offense.

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Just more proof the Kyle Shannahan offense similar to Andy Reids offense is just a plug and play deal. 
Shannahans offense doesn’t ask a qb to be a one man gang out there it’s designed around the run game and getting the ball to his playmakers in space. Something Brock Purdy does pretty well. 

The downside is that when they are in big games where the QB needs to step up and make something happen, they usually aren't able to.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

The downside is that when they are in big games where the QB needs to step up and make something happen, they usually aren't able to.

That’s exactly right and why they mortgaged the farm for what they believed was Josh Allen light in Trey Lance.  
In the Super Bowl a few years back when they needed Jimmy G to make a play he couldn’t. When Andy needed Patrick to make a play he did. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.