What's The Likelihood That Gabe Davis Will Get A Contract Extension?

Kangaxx

The correct answer is that it will depend largely on how he plays next year, and while many assume we know how that will be, we don't. We can guess, but we don't know. Sometimes guesses work out and sometimes they don't.

It will also depend on what kind of numbers he demands.

Before the year it looked like he might be one of our top priorities over the next couple of years. With the way he played this year he no longer looks like that much of a priority. If he plays better in the future, he will get more money and he'll have more leverage.

If he levels off at his current level he won't get a ton of money, here or elsewhere.

WR is very likely to be one of the three or four areas they might be willing to use a higher pick on this year. Probably they might bring in a good solid WR the way Polian brought in Bill Brooks.

• Like (+1) 1

It's disappointing how Gabe's season has been so far this year.

He's under contract for $1.2M next season and he has a chance to be in the mix again.

It's up to him if he can repair his drops and get an extension.  I like him and hope he can do it but if he can't, thanks for the memories.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Josh was 3 of 10 going to him today. Bad sign.

Yeah, 3 of 10 is not good.

But let's not pretend that any receiver's catch percentage is totally on him. It's on him, on the QB and on the defense.

1st 12:07 INC  Should've had it but the ball was well behind him, for no reason.

1st 3:36  INC  Should've been caught

1st 3:32  COMP

1st  2:04 INC  Gabe was wide open, Josh didn't get it over Tavai and it was tipped away with Gabe having no chance

1st 0:39  COMP, a crucial one on 3rd and 7

2nd 0:38 INC  Gabe Open in the end zone but LB coming from the other side, far overthrown or thrown away

2nd 0:14  INT  Allen hit as he threw, ball came nowhere near Gabe, he appeared open, though he was almost out of the frame

3rd  4:37  INC  Couldn't see it, the Game Pass film skipped and Nance said, "off the hands of Gabe Davis", dunno what happened.

4th  11:36  COMP

4th  3:47  INC  the long one where the defender was very close but Josh hit him, just a bad play by Gabe in the end zone

This wasn't a good game, but three of those ten came nowhere near him and one was thrown hard and behind him and was a hard ball to catch though he should've caught it. Three completions, two bad incompletions and one I won't know till we get the All-22.

Three of ten paints a picture that is far worse than Gabe deserves.

38 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, 3 of 10 is not good.

But let's not pretend that any receiver's catch percentage is totally on him. It's on him, on the QB and on the defense.

1st 12:07 INC  Should've had it but the ball was well behind him, for no reason.

1st 3:36  INC  Should've been caught

1st 3:32  COMP

1st  2:04 INC  Gabe was wide open, Josh didn't get it over Tavai and it was tipped away with Gabe having no chance

1st 0:39  COMP, a crucial one on 3rd and 7

2nd 0:38 INC  Gabe Open in the end zone but LB coming from the other side, far overthrown or thrown away

2nd 0:14  INT  Allen hit as he threw, ball came nowhere near Gabe, he appeared open, though he was almost out of the frame

3rd  4:37  INC  Couldn't see it, the Game Pass film skipped and Nance said, "off the hands of Gabe Davis", dunno what happened.

4th  11:36  COMP

4th  3:47  INC  the long one where the defender was very close but Josh hit him, just a bad play by Gabe in the end zone

This wasn't a good game, but three of those ten came nowhere near him and one was thrown hard and behind him and was a hard ball to catch though he should've caught it. Three completions, two bad incompletions and one I won't know till we get the All-22.

Three of ten paints a picture that is far worse than Gabe deserves.

The throw in the third at 4:37 was a bad throw and way behind him. He did reach back for it but wasn’t really catchable.

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

colts wildcard! so weird to see a guy regress like this. especially hearing so many players talking about him being one of the harder workers at OBD

I will say, I won’t be shocked to learn there’s some sort of story. 

he’s not supposed to be a fast guy, but am I the only one to think he’s agility totally disappeared and body control isn’t great? His change of direction or stopping feels like watching a cruise ship sometimes. I haven’t pulled All 22 to key on him but wouldn’t be shocked to find out he has one or more lower body and/core injuries the way he seems to be moving when I’ve seen him 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

Could it be a lack of focus on his part? 

Yeah, not sure one thing that we did differently this year than we did last as we brought in a veteran wide receiver to play in front of Gabe and possibly that push game to be better this year we asked Gabe to step into that role and he’s not awful but he hasn’t produced like a number 1a

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.