What's The Likelihood That Gabe Davis Will Get A Contract Extension?

Kangaxx

7 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

I will be severely disappointed if this is the case. Imo it's more likely McKenzie gets benched and we roll with Beasley/Shakir in the slot and Diggs/Davis/Smoke on the outside.

These are our 5 best WR's.

McKenzie is capable of having a big game here and there, but I don't see how we don't have both Brown and Beasley active. 

Brown was a blur on Sunday and made an incredible catch for a TD.  He's a pure outside WR, with speed, which is definitely helpful. 

Beasley worked his defender on the red zone route, for what should have been a TD if Allen puts it on him against Cincy.  I think you need to have him active for the trust factor in big moments. 

Shakir was a great/lucky play by the DB away from having 2 catches for 45 yards and a TD against the Pats.  Allen looks like he potentially trusts him in now.  That RAC was unlike anything I've seen from a Bills WR in a while. 

Diggs & Davis are obviously playing. 

I don't rule out having 6 WR's active, and it may just end up being Shakir inactive as he's a rookie... but I like Diggs, Davis, Brown, Beasley & Shakir as a group. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I still wish we had brought in more outside help and played Davis as more of a big slot. He was used in the slot on like 25-30% of his snaps the last two years but it's where 50+% of his production came from if I remember correctly from when I had a PFF trial, not to mention how helpful his run blocking was in the slot. I don't really get why we decided to build the team around almost exclusively using him out wide this year. Feels like a miscalculation, not to mention we obviously really struggled to find a good slot option either.

Hindsight is 20/20, but the way Hodgins has developed, you wonder if they could have played Hodgins out wide and moved Gabe to the slot. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

They did: John Brown.

That TD was a beauty but I’m still a bit skeptical we can really rely on him after so much time off the last couple years. Would be huge if that TD proves to be more than just an aberration though. 

15 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

That TD was a beauty but I’m still a bit skeptical we can really rely on him after so much time off the last couple years. Would be huge if that TD proves to be more than just an aberration though. 

Brown is more reliable than Davis at this point

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Well he knows the system and is a veteran and has had enough time to learn any changes in terminology they may have implemented from the last time he was here.  He can obviously still fly. The only question is stamina.

Edited by Doc

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.