NFL Week #18 - Around the NFL Saturday edition

BuffaloBill

As much as I hate McDaniels I'll be rooting for the POS today.

Funny - I saw one of my friends from HS at a reunion this summer, he has always been a huge Raider fan - I explained my distaste for their HC hire.  He had faith.  Yesterday out of nowhere he texts me "I hate josh 🐍 McDaniels 
I could give u a million examples"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’m not a huge fan of what the NFL did with regard to playoff seeding in light of the Bills-Bengals cancellation, but two things happening could make it all “ok” — a Raiders win and a Bills win.  Let’s get the first half of that this afternoon.

Go Raidahs!!!

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, eball said:

I’m not a huge fan of what the NFL did with regard to playoff seeding in light of the Bills-Bengals cancellation, but two things happening could make it all “ok” — a Raiders win and a Bills win.  Let’s get the first half of that this afternoon.

Go Raidahs!!!

I agree as there will always be a heavy asterisk on this season in the absence of these losses.  I think there is no avoiding the “light” asterisk that will always be there.  Bless the Bengals fans and organization as they have shown nothing but class but honestly I think from a football perspective they got screwed.

• Disagree 3

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

As much as I hate McDaniels I'll be rooting for the POS today.

Funny - I saw one of my friends from HS at a reunion this summer, he has always been a huge Raider fan - I explained my distaste for their HC hire.  He had faith.  Yesterday out of nowhere he texts me "I hate josh 🐍 McDaniels 
I could give u a million examples"

In 2010 I went out to dinner and a show with some friends who were Broncos fans.  Now it's always a challenge when a new coach takes over for a long time championship and Superbowl winning coach but they were very bitter about McDaniels dismantling the team, trading away Cutler in his 4th year just when it looked as though the lightbulb had come on for him in his 3rd year, drafting Tim Tebow in the first round, the whole thing.

OK then there were the Rams, I've never been a Rams fan including through the "Greatest Show on Turf", but I thought it was a stupid decision when the Rams fired Pat Shurmur and brought Josh McDaniels, fresh off dismantling the Broncos, as OC in Bradford's second year.  Bradford had looked like he had potential his rookie season - reasonable YPG, reasonable TD throws, too many INT but that's not uncommon for a rookie.

In his second season under McDaniels, Bradford just looked like a hot mess.  He threw 6 TD all season, I kid you not, and 6 INTs to go with them - half the TD % he had his previous year.  Then his 3rd season with McDaniels out the door and Schottenheimer in, he looked as though he could play once again.  Conincydink, I think not. 

I think it's Round 2 of evidence that with McDaniels, you suit his system or you don't, he won't adjust.

Anyway, GO RAIDERS!

Edited by Beck Water

There won’t be an asterisk, nobody can assume the Bengals would have beaten us. They start hot and go away for the middle two quarters all the time. We are tough and super resilient and take other teams’ best punch and come back to win often.

Finally, the Bengals’ hot start against us had everything to do with us blitzing Burrow, which he feasts on. I’m pretty sure Leslie was testing that and would have stopped blitzing by the second quarter.

At that point the Bengals might have been unable to score for a long stretch. The Bills’ defense has done this to teams so many times!

• Like (+1) 1

There has been a lot of ink spilled and words wasted about the fairness of the new play-off scenarios. But we have a simple pathway  this weekend to straightening it all out:

1. Raiders beat the Chiefs
  2. Bengals beat the Ravens
  3. Bills win

These three things happen, and all is right with the football world again.

#3 Strong! Continued prayers for Damar

33 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Are we rooting for the Bengals just so we don’t have to hear that our SB comes with some sort of asterisk right? 

Rooting for the Bengals because of how that team and fan base generally was throughout this whole ordeal. Technically if both the Chiefs and Bengals lose and we win this week then the Bills-Bengals game doesn't matter for #1 seed we'd have had it, if we're talking about some stupid asterisk.

Edited by Warcodered

People and their obsession with an asterisk-who cares?! The butt hurt that some people get before something has even happened is astounding! First of all, who is giving an asterisk? Other teams fans? Cool, that would just be jealousy because their team didn’t win. The NFL certainly won’t put an asterisk next to anything. 

just enjoy the moment if it happens and just let it go if someone says there should be one. Hell, I will gladly wear a giant asterisk above my head at the Super Bowl parade if it happens!!

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.