Week 18: Pats at Bills, Sunday 1/8 1pm

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

You are correct, but the rule really lists 2 options for the Commissioner in case of unplayable games:  Find a way to complete the game or cancel the game.

It gives the Commissioner leeway to decide and of course the Commissioner has the ability to act in the best interests of football at all times, but since the specific rule gives 2 options and the game was so close to the beginning and since canceling games was discussed during Covid and how the league would handle unplayed games.  I believe the safe bet is that they will follow the established guidelines they had previously discussed.

I hear that. I'm guessing the game will be canceled and they will use winning % for seeding. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

You are correct, but the rule really lists 2 options for the Commissioner in case of unplayable games:  Find a way to complete the game or cancel the game.

It gives the Commissioner leeway to decide and of course the Commissioner has the ability to act in the best interests of football at all times, but since the specific rule gives 2 options and the game was so close to the beginning and since canceling games was discussed during Covid and how the league would handle unplayed games.  I believe the safe bet is that they will follow the established guidelines they had previously discussed.

I’m pretty sure the two options stated in the rule are:

1) The Chiefs get #1 seed

2) The Pats get a comp pick. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The nfl is going to come down hard for this infraction.  

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not if he’s on IR. Which I expect he will be, though I haven’t seen that take place so not sure. 

48 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Probably IR.  

He's awake.  Let's not rule him out for Sunday. I don't know that Jaquan Johnson is awake. We have seen him play. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

This is what I am worried about...exactly what the team official talks about below...that the Bills emotional energy tank was almost on E even prior to the Hamlin tragedy happening from all of the energy they have expended this season and they simply might not have anything left in the tank after that...and honestly, who could blame them.  They are not robots.

https://kvia.com/sports/cnn-sports/2023/01/04/buffalo-bills-player-dion-dawkins-describes-moment-he-realized-something-is-really-really-wrong-after-damar-hamlins-collapse/

image.thumb.png.7fd23eb66747f69e33eeec9d615031b9.png

I think their tanks might have just gotten a little boost

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I think their tanks might have just gotten a little boost

A little? I think they come out super charged up on Sunday. Crowd will be insanely loud. I know the saying "Any Given Sunday" but the Bills aren't losing. They are going to play for Damar and losing isn't an option.

Great news on Damar!  Incredible.  

Does anyone know how the Bills are doing with practice, game planning and preparation for the Pats*?  I can't believe they would be able to function normally as far as their weekly routine would go.  

Having this next game at home will help, not having to travel, being in familiar surroundings, and having the full force of  Bills Mafia there of course will provide a lift.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.