1/2/23 Week 17 Gameday Bills @ Bengals Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Cold lock prediction:  Cook scampers like a runaway locomotive tonight with a 50+ yarder with blur speed.  Wait for it.  It will happen.  The corners will start trotting due to sheer hopelessness.  Maybe one will pull up with a fake hammy.  Somebody is about to be embarrassed on national tv.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Steptide said:

That's awesome that he's playing through it.  From what I understand the torn meniscus is just flapping around in there and doesn't really affect you unless is gets caught wrong then it locks you up and hurts like a B word 'til it moves again.  I know someone who has this issue but won't get the surgery and just live with it.  idk

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

That's awesome that he's playing through it.  From what I understand the torn meniscus is just flapping around in there and doesn't really affect you unless is gets caught wrong then it locks you up and hurts like a B word 'til it moves again.  I know someone who has this issue but won't get the surgery and just live with it.  idk

I lived with it for around 15 years. Now I'm not athletic but I did used to bike a lot and workout. There was pain but it was come and go. I forgot about it most of the time until I got older and it became a big problem. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

I read a little bit about it, and from what I read, it sounds like surgery is a last resort. I guess most Dr's actually try and avoid any kind of surgery, which I think is good? 

19 minutes ago, BRH said:

So why would the Bengals call up a QB?

Either they just want to reward him with a game check, or something’s up with Brandon Allen.  Or maybe with … Burrow.  👀 

The Bengals saw what Milano did to Tua and Mike White. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Steptide said:

I read a little bit about it, and from what I read, it sounds like surgery is a last resort. I guess most Dr's actually try and avoid any kind of surgery, which I think is good? 

I tried to play hockey through a torn meniscus. I'd be fine until my knee was struck a certain way. PAIN!

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Should be a helluva game.  I am stunned by how little respect we’re getting, even from some of our own fans.  

I think we’ll pick on their corners, and Frazier and McD will have ways to slow down their WRs.  Bills win.

I think when it comes to our fans, we're just trying to not set ourselves up for dissapontment. At least I know I am. I know the bills are good enough to beat the Bengals, but I keep reminding myself we haven't locked down the one seed yet

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

As long as Frazier doesn’t resort to his standard “don’t prepare at all for defense on the first drive; it’s fun to be down by 7 early” approach, I think we have a shot. 

I think I’m more worried about the stagnant passing game than our defense 

4 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

As long as Frazier doesn’t resort to his standard “don’t prepare at all for defense on the first drive; it’s fun to be down by 7 early” approach 

I’m almost resigned to this happening at this point.  lol.

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

Yeah, you’d think Dorsey would have been paying attention last week when we were 3 feet away from having two 100 yard rushers in a game, and maybe just maybe keep that going. I understand this is a completely different (see: better) defense, but today won’t be the day of 60 passes from Josh winning it for us. 

31 minutes ago, BRH said:

So why would the Bengals call up a QB?

Either they just want to reward him with a game check, or something’s up with Brandon Allen.  Or maybe with … Burrow.  👀 

Feels like a trick play is in the offing or maybe some Wildcat.  

4 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Our offense has scored an average of 33.5 points a game over the last 2 weeks. The highest 2 week average since weeks 1 & 2. All while spreading the ball around and finally committing to being a balanced offense. It's all good.👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1