FOX: AFC East Analysis including Tua and Mike

Punching Bag

Tua Tagovailoa's Impossible Situation; Mike White's Audition:  AFC East Analysis

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/tua-tagovailoas-impossible-situation-mike-whites-audition-afc-east-analysis

That fish is fried

For the Miami Dolphins — it’s just devastation. Tua Tagovailoa is in concussion protocol, though the team is not sure if he has a concussion.

The Dolphins quarterback is in concussion protocol and may miss time. Frankly, given the severity of his first concussion — which came one week after he showed signs of ataxia, though was never diagnosed with a concussion — the quarterback could be done for the season.

Ataxia describes poor muscle control that causes clumsy voluntary movements. It may cause difficulty with walking and balance, hand coordination, speech and swallowing, and eye movements. Ataxia usually results from damage to the part of the brain that controls muscle coordination (cerebellum) or its connections.

i.e. some of previous Bills QBs.

It might sting that Tagovailoa is going out on a three-interception game — and a four-game losing streak. This strange and unimpressive run from Tagovailoa might even lead the Dolphins to consider their options at quarterback this offseason.

Because while Tua seemed like an MVP candidate in the early and middle stages of the year, he has absolutely belly-flopped when it mattered.

• Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions  Good to add humor when describing player who might be brain damaged permanently.

And those issues came down to two things: his arm strength and his apparent inability to handle psychological pressure.

Ride or die with Josh Allen

It's clear that Allen is not going to clean up his propensity for turnovers. I've written that he needs to cut it out. I've also written that his risk-taking is what makes the Bills offense so dangerous. And the truth is that — for now — Buffalo can't have Electric Allen without What-Was-He-Thinking Allen.

In time, Allen can hone his decision-making to limit his turnover totals, but that will not happen during the Bills' Super Bowl run this year.

We see lots of those plays in NFL especially from QBs about to be sacked but Josh Allen is one only one who can make chicken out of chickens salad.

And while some of the throws he attempted in the Bills' win over the Bears resulted in turnovers — Allen had two interceptions — those types of risky throws have resulted in touchdowns in previous games. With Allen, you take the good with the bad. In a game like the one he played on Sunday, the good outweighed the bad. The Bills still rolled over the Bears.

Endorsement deal: Josh's turnovers.    Nahhhhhh.

Mike White to return

Mike White needs to find a flak jacket company to endorse for it will be talked a lot about.

Jets doctors cleared quarterback Mike White to play this weekend against the Seahawks. But White is dealing with multiple fractured ribs. He'll be playing through an immense amount of pain, particularly if he takes a few shots to that ribcage. 

• Like (+1) 1

Miami should come clean already about Tua's first concussion, anyone with any common sense show the results of his first concussion.  I think it was the blowhard Michael Ervin or Maybe Keyshawn Johnson that stated yeah, it could have been his back, that happens, what a farce.

Yes too early to tell but I think Mick White is the real deal.  They way he played with cracked ribs, the guy is a gamer and people will follow him, actually they  already do.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Agree 1

It blows my mind that they’re not sure he has a concussion and the only ‘evidence’ is Mike McDaniel watching the film and thinking tua playing bad(he called it inconsistencies) could’ve been because of a head injury. I thought it was tua reporting symptoms but it sounds like that may not be the case.  

A bit of a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory but the people that think they wanted to bench tua in a graceful way for the playoff push may have a point.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

15 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Miami should come clean already about Tua's first concussion, anyone with any common sense show the results of his first concussion.  I think it was the blowhard Michael Ervin or Maybe Keyshawn Johnson that stated yeah, it could have been his back, that happens, what a farce.

Yes too early to tell but I think Mick White is the real deal.  They way he played with cracked ribs, the guy is a gamer and people will follow him, actually they  already do.

This will never happen. The media is still acting like it never happened as well, saying "Tua's second concussion of the season" while looking like donkeys. Every single one of us who just watch the game, and all of the former players who are now analysts KNOW that Tua had a concussion against Buffalo in that first meeting. The back injury horse manure never held up from the second they tried to use it. 

If I am Miami, I am looking for a viable starting option in the offseason. Tua should retire, but he won't. They need to protect themselves and bring in a legitimate mid-tier starter to compete with Tua for the job if he's coming back. Or, they need to release him and move on altogether. They have a solid defense. All they need is to upgrade the RB position and bring in a QB to run a West Coast timing style offense. Don't be surprised if this is where Jimmy G lands in 2023. 

In the Jets case? Mike White is meh, but the players like him. All of us know how tough the son of a biscuit is after the game against us for sure. In reality though, is he actually a solid option. I think they re-sign him for good backup type money on a 2 year deal and see how he looks with Breece Hall behind him next year. Their defense is REALLY good and should only get better as they continue to grow. I actually believe the Jets could be our toughest comp in the division the next couple of years, especially if they can ever get that OL together. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

tl;dr

-Tua has had multiple concussions and MAY miss time

- Mike White has broken ribs but will try to give it a go with a flak jacket

- Josh Allen is taking risks, sometimes they pay off big time, sometimes they cause turnovers

That's ... Analysis!

In other words the Bills may have messed up two other QBs seasons while the Bills QB may mess up the Bills season. Is that right?  

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

LOL PLEASE...  Mike White is 27 years old, been terrible his entire career.  He had 1 good game against the dumpster fire Chicago Bears this year and been horrible outside of that and people are anointing this guy. 

This is the classic example of over reacting to a change of scenery QB who follows that of terrible QB play (Wilson). 

Mike White stinks. Stop blindly following the media and coach hype.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

9 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

LOL PLEASE...  Mike White is 27 years old, been terrible his entire career.  He had 1 good game against the dumpster fire Chicago Bears this year and been horrible outside of that and people are anointing this guy. 

This is the classic example of over reacting to a change of scenery QB who follows that of terrible QB play (Wilson). 

Mike White stinks. Stop blindly following the media and coach hype.

Yep, his ceiling is like Ryan Fitzpatrick. Tough, likeable guy, though.

Wouldn't mind him as a backup.

• Agree 1

And while some of the throws he attempted in the Bills' win over the Bears resulted in turnovers — Allen had two interceptions — those types of risky throws have resulted in touchdowns in previous games. With Allen, you take the good with the bad. In a game like the one he played on Sunday, the good outweighed the bad. The Bills still rolled over the Bears.

This is a lazy journo narrative.  One of the "risky" throws for int that game was a 5 yd check down where the wind caught the ball.  We've seen some "what was he thinking?" throws down this stretch, but without knowing the full context of what happened on those plays (receiver running wrong route etc)  - plus so many bad weather games and at least early on who knows how many throws were affected by his elbow - can't just write it off to recklessness.  It's easy for the media to roll out the 'reckless sugar-high Josh' narrative by just looking at int stats with no analysis into the cause for each one.  I actually think Josh has mostly moved past the 'sugar-high' issues and this year it has been different factors affecting ints.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, stevewin said:

This is a lazy journo narrative.  One of the "risky" throws for int that game was a 5 yd check down where the wind caught the ball.  We've seen some "what was he thinking?" throws down this stretch, but without knowing the full context of what happened on those plays (receiver running wrong route etc)  - plus so many bad weather games and at least early on who knows how many throws were affected by his elbow - can't just write it off to recklessness.  It's easy for the media to roll out the 'reckless sugar-high Josh' narrative by just looking at int stats with no analysis into the cause for each one.  I actually think Josh has mostly moved past the 'sugar-high' issues and this year it has been different factors affecting ints.

True. But it's cool, that's Josh's national narrative. 

They can keep thinking that, but the narrative I believe Josh will end with is that he plays his best football in the biggest times and on the biggest stages. He's quietly one of the most clutch guys I've seen under center, but the team has not had that full-throttled success yet. Once he hoists the Lombardi, everyone's tune will change and they will realize.

But until that happens, this is what "sports writers" are going to churn out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.