Bills Offseason Personnel Needs

Tolstoy

Probably won't be on the Bills radar due to other needs but Darnell Washington will be the best blocking TE in the league almost immediately. Dude is like having another tackle on the end of the line. He's a freak on the field as well and can catch the ball. Think he probably goes mid second round.

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

2 if not all 3 will restructure-  Beane will make room.  How much is the question 

it all depends on who is available, but all thing equal, Wr should be rd 1 imo.  

Rd 1 you take ol or wr whichever player you feel is gonna benefit the team most.  If there's a sure fire can't miss ol that's worth the pick we have you take him over a wr because u hit on building the wall of protection then the king of the north can make any wr with decent ability a star.  And they won't need to be the guy. 

We already got Him at qb.

We got Him at wr.

We got Himbo at rb. 

We are rocking in Hims. 

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Free agent WRs are getting paid insanely. I suspect the team drafts, and fairly highly, a WR. I hope he has elite speed to stretch the field and good hands; size is a bonus but not necessary with elite speed.

Safeties might be an option in free agency if the the staff likes someone younger than Poyer they think has upside.

They can keep Poyer and draft Fuqua right from their own backyard at UB

25 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Rd 1 you take ol or wr whichever player you feel is gonna benefit the team most.  If there's a sure fire can't miss ol that's worth the pick we have you take him over a wr because u hit on building the wall of protection then the king of the north can make any wr with decent ability a star.  And they won't need to be the guy. 

We already got Him at qb.

We got Him at wr.

We got Himbo at rb. 

We are rocking in Hims. 

I agree.  I just don’t know if that OL exists in this draft

7 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Josh Allen is a Ferrari protected by old and used Ford Pintos. Ww need to get brand new SUVs to protect our $250 million Ferarri

Come on man. The are at least old F150’s. I haven’t seen one explode when rear ended yet.

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

OL, WR and some depth on the roster.  Not alot of needs 

Add in S as priority with OL and WR. I’m of the mindset to evaluate a bit closer after the season. How far and caliber of play in post season will impact. But those 3 likely don’t change drastically. 

12 hours ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

1st and 2nd pick should be O line.. 

Only if we can bring in a legit #2 WR in FA. If not, imo, use the 2nd rounder on that and the 1st & 3rd on OL. Either way legit assets need to be directed to the offense. McBeane have used plenty on the defensive side of the ball since they got here.

9 hours ago, MJS said:

The Bills need to invest in the oline heavily, both veterans and draft picks. They need to bring in a better #2 receiver and preferably a better slot receiver as well, unless Shakir can develop into that role.

On defense, just be sure to re-sign the defensive line. And re-sign Edmunds if you can afford him. Otherwise, MLB is a big hole that needs to be a major priority.

But overall, the team is in a good spot. Beane has built in a lot of wiggle room in the cap and they have plenty they can free up. They have good starters in many positions, and lots of good depth. They have superstars in Allen, Diggs, and White, as well as budding stars in Rousseau and Oliver. This is the team we have been waiting for.

The Bills need to move away from McKenzie as the slot receiver and either put Beasley permanently or have Shakir replace him and give them the reps.   McKenzie has been a big disappointment as a slot receiver.  He has not been that safety valve for Josh.  

I still think the best combination on the field will be. Hines/Cook in the backfield and Diggs/Davis/Knox at WR.   This combination can be a huge mismatch.  

I also remember (there was even a video on it) how Daboll used Davis and Beasley combination to ensure that Diggs or Knox was always wide open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzO2-KNemQM

23 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Only if we can bring in a legit #2 WR in FA. If not, imo, use the 2nd rounder on that and the 1st & 3rd on OL. Either way legit assets need to be directed to the offense. McBeane have used plenty on the defensive side of the ball since they got here.

I would rather get the WR with the #1 and take OL on 2 and 3.

9 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The Bills need to move away from McKenzie as the slot receiver and either put Beasley permanently or have Shakir replace him and give them the reps.   McKenzie has been a big disappointment as a slot receiver.  He has not been that safety valve for Josh.  

I still think the best combination on the field will be. Hines/Cook in the backfield and Diggs/Davis/Knox at WR.   This combination can be a huge mismatch.  

I also remember (there was even a video on it) how Daboll used Davis and Beasley combination to ensure that Diggs or Knox was always wide open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzO2-KNemQM

I would rather get the WR with the #1 and take OL on 2 and 3.

Yeah, I'm flexible on the WR coming in the 1st 2 rounds. Josh would love the idea of a WR in the 1st! He'd love the idea of the first 3 rounds going to offense also. Somehow I don't think McBeane will allow this to happen. It's always fun to dream though. GO BILLS!!

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

8 hours ago, DJB said:

I think Beane finds a way to bring back Poyer on a 1 or 2 year deal

Poyer seems brittle recent years.  He can play well when healthy, but....

we will have a new backup QB next year.  Keenum is to expensive and not a great mathc for Josh's style.  Bean will pull a rabbit out of a hat.   Barlkey isn't that guy.

8 hours ago, Bangarang said:

The priority every offseason should be making sure Josh is protected and has enough weapons. This team is only going as far as he takes us. 

Beyond that, we could use some better depth in the secondary. I'd prefer to keep Poyer.

Not sure what they do with Edmunds. He's probably played some of his best football this year which is always concerning in a contract year. I wouldn't want to see crazy money thrown at him. 

Edmunds is still a young guy. When other guys his age were developing in College he was developing in the pros. The fact that he improved quite a bit in a contract year is more likely due to his age than just trying to cash in.

A good portion of the answer will depend on how we make cap space and who we re-sign. We need starters at IOL and depth basically everywhere with 20+ UFA this offseason. 

Some notables are Poyer, Edmunds, Singletary, Philips, Lawson, Dane Jackson, J.Johnson, Keenum,  and Ike.

They aren’t all starters but their roles have to be replaced. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.