Week 17: Bills at Bengals on MNF

Beck Water

I think the backup/reserve players will be critical to the outcome of the game - on both sides, especially on offense.

The Bengals have a very capable #4 receiver in Trenton Irwin, who has made several noteworthy plays for them this season.

Hayden Hurst is a former 1st round pick and can stretch the field.

Samaje Perine held things together when Mixon was out and gives the Bengals a second option out of the backfield.

I wonder whether we will elevate both Brown and Beasley for this game, I believe both have one game left before the end of the season.

Going to need some contributions from Hines, Shakir, Morris and Gilliam. 

Bengals defensive players will actively try and strip the ball when in traffic - they have had two huge plays against Kelce and Stevenson - game winning plays.

Looking forward to this game. LETS GO BUFFALO!  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

With the game on Monday, I think their first practice day is Thursday (instead of Wednesday for Sunday games).  So probably practice Thurs-Saturday, travel Sunday, game Monday.

Any news on if the weather will hinder that in any way? Haven't seen much on it and wondering if roads will be clear and if the players will be able to get to and from the facility. 

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

This has nothing to do with the Bengals -they weren’t even thought of at this time. But here’s perhaps the cleanest, clearest video of an epic Bills play that was the catalyst of our 1st ever League title.

50:50 chance that gets flagged as personal foul unecessary roughness today. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Any news on if the weather will hinder that in any way? Haven't seen much on it and wondering if roads will be clear and if the players will be able to get to and from the facility. 

So the driving ban is now a "travel advisory" in most of Erie County

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/accident-and-incident/cheektowaga-travel-ban-lifted-nonessential-driving-still-banned-in-buffalo-lackawanna/article_da6253e6-82b7-11ed-82d3-1bc0156c8602.html

Non-essential driving is still banned in Buffalo and Lackawanna, so there might be some impacts to players who live in downtown Buffalo, but, hopefully they stayed with teammates and didn't drive IN to Buffalo in the first place

The Thruway,  I-290, and I-990 are open now.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Looks like overcast and 50 degrees….. should make for a great game, considering the last 2 weeks, gonna be warm!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, boater said:

Bills/Bengals has the gravity of a playoff game.

ESPN/ABC must be salivating over the ratings they will experience.

With the weather and speaking of gravity will there be more or less gravity in Cincy compared to Buffalo or San Diego? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

50:50 chance that gets flagged as personal foul unecessary roughness today. 

Being old, that was an iconic play.  Milano's hit on Mike White reminded me of that play.  Difference was Lincoln was arguably the BEST offensive player on the Bolts and possibly in the league.

If you notice it was a form tackle below the shoulders, and his helmet was under Lincoln's arm. 

But given today's referee situation, a flag could well be thrown. 

If they have time to review plays for ejections, they should have time to review borderline UR calls that can be game changing.

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

With the weather and speaking of gravity will there be more or less gravity in Cincy compared to Buffalo or San Diego? 

Highmark is 748 feet above sea level, Cinci is at 486, SoFi, which is where the LA Chargers play is 125 feet above sea level.

So Cinci should have more gravity than Buffalo, but less than LA

• Haha (+1) 4

I don't know how players feel here. But, I felt like the :13 at KC. Bills would have been at SB. Bengals were/are good but not better. If Bills can hold their WR in check. My hope is that Bills players see this as a playoff, proof, pay-back game for last year. Josh is good primetime, they are motivated, BUF plays excellent away.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This is simply not true
The bills have been excellent at playing away from home this year

I would like to see the bills win it if for no other reason to give Josh an extra week to rest that elbow, but we are totally still in this, if we lose the cinci game

Of course, I agree, we can still win the Super Bowl in a worst case scenario of the 3 seed … but there is no denying the massive difference between the following potential scenarios:

Bye. Home against Jax/Bal/LAC etc. Home for AFC CG.  

vs

Home against LAC/Bal etc.  At Bengals. At Chiefs. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BearNorth said:

Highmark is 748 feet above sea level, Cinci is at 486, SoFi, which is where the LA Chargers play is 125 feet above sea level.

So Cinci should have more gravity than Buffalo, but less than LA

You're newer here. .... I think.... Did you know that great debate from 2018? 😂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.