Bills open as 1.5 point favorites against Bengals(O/U 49)

Big Turk

48 minutes ago, mannc said:

Vegas has loved the Bills all year…their record vs the spread is well below .500 despite being 12-3

It's unrealistic to think the Bills will blow teams out every week, but Vegas is simply showing the amount of respect they have for them in that they expect them to almost every game.

46 minutes ago, mannc said:

I thought it was worse than that…the cover yesterday helped

Same way the garbage time points for other teams probably helped them win versus the spread too.

3 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Did Jordan Phillips leave the game with a shoulder injury yesterday?

Yes

29 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Bengals as a dog is free money.

Then might as well bet your life savings on it. Most people said that about the Chiefs game earlier this year. How'd that turn out?

Bills seem to have the capability to play as good as they need to in order to win key games.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I could care less who it was, or what happened last week, or two hands etc…

I just ask, if there were no fumble, why would it be placed at the 5. Cause we all know it would have. You can’t have forward progress stopped and then allow the defense to push the player 4 yards back and punch the ball.

We would all be beyond pisssed off if that happened to Buffalo.

What if he was pushed back and broke free before the whistle and scored a TD? There is a reason you don't blow the whistle immediately when forward progress is stopped.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

What if he was pushed back and broke free before the whistle and scored a TD? There is a reason you don't blow the whistle immediately when forward progress is stopped.

His forward progress was stopped and he was being pushed back. That's a blown whistle and no fumble every other time you see a play like that. I couldn't believe it wasn't called, but then I remembered the refs are really bad at making judgement calls. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, zow2 said:

Bills are a very good road team.  They seem to play more disciplined defense on the road too. Maybe because they are not overly amped up and too aggressive.  I dunno.  But i like their chances at Cincinnati. 

Could be on the road they are able to communicate better with each other pre-snap than at home where it's loud. Especially with all the the young guys that have played in the secondary this year.

1 hour ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

IF (Huge IF) we beat Cincinnati, KC loses to Den, and NE beats Miami, should we play second stringers in week 18?

It does two things:

Rest

Likely keeps Miami out. 

I'd rather see NE down the road instead of Miami.

That would lead to two weeks of the starters not playing. 

1 hour ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

IF (Huge IF) we beat Cincinnati, KC loses to Den, and NE beats Miami, should we play second stringers in week 18?

It does two things:

Rest

Likely keeps Miami out. 

I'd rather see NE down the road instead of Miami.

I'd rather see Miami get in who is capable of beating a 2 seed on a given day versus NE that has almost zero chance of that.

1 hour ago, chongli said:

On the Bengals forum, one poster posted the pic below.

They are all predicting 1- to 3-point wins for their team, with one poster predicting a 10-point win.

tiger-with-its-prey-pg-reproductions.jpg

They should be confident in their team the same way we are confident in ours.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.