So, reading the board, we lost again. 3-11. Sigh.

ChicagoRic

20 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

We play like we did yesterday against the Chiefs, the Bengals or, if we get that far, the 49ers, Eagles or Cowboys and we get beaten. And there are weaknesses which we are relucant to or cannot address. If this was a one off, fine, but a lot of the issues shown yesterday have been persistent across the season.

An excellent win and a strong record this season is all well and good but improvement is required if we want to make and win the Super Bowl. I think that's all most are saying.

This is absolutely NOT a true statement-Chiefs almost blew a 27 point lead last week, 49ers are starting a 7th round rookie, Cowboys almost lost to the Texans last week, the Eagles have not faced many quality teams and have not had to make comebacks, Bengals have issues on both lines and their defense is not good…the point is any team can be beaten at any point. It’s really easy to scrutinize and criticize the Bills on this board but we don’t really do that to other teams. We just look at the highlights and the records and assume they will all beat the Bills 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

Oh wait, that 11-3.  We won?  Again?  11-3 you say?  Excellent!

I guess I just got confused by the endless stream of:

The OC sucks.

Frazier sucks.

The defense sucks.

McKenzie sucks.

The tackling sucks.

Eff that.  This is a really good football team and a legit Superbowl contender.  Good teams win games, especially the close ones against talented teams in their own division.  Super happy today. 

I know right? We are 11-3 heading down the last stretch. Damn people have got to get a grip!!!

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

But to be honest we have won 5 games in a row, and after every win its the same tired message at this point. "If we play like this against this team we will lose".  Look we are finding ways to win games and in this league the result is what matters and rightnow 11-3 feels good. Every team has flaws and yes the Bills have flaws to, but the over analyzing  of them on this board is ridiculous. We are one of the best teams in football and have a legitimate shot to win a superbowl. Every game isn't going to be perfect, but rightnow the amount of negativity on this board is tiring and in reality pretty stupid considering where the Bills are sitting rightnow.

And what the people who say this forget is that the teams we beat, like Miami last night, may have played their best game against us.

I'm with you, to say we need to play better or we'll lose to a good team is lazy thinking.  It van be said about every team out there. The FACT is that we've played one of if not the hardest schedule in the NFL and are 11 - 3 with the 3 losses coming to 3 winning teams by a combined 8 points.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

This is absolutely NOT a true statement-Chiefs almost blew a 27 point lead last week, 49ers are starting a 7th round rookie, Cowboys almost lost to the Texans last week, the Eagles have not faced many quality teams and have not had to make comebacks, Bengals have issues on both lines and their defense is not good…the point is any team can be beaten at any point. It’s really easy to scrutinize and criticize the Bills on this board but we don’t really do that to other teams. We just look at the highlights and the records and assume they will all beat the Bills 

That's a fair point. Being invested in the Bills means micro-analysing every play, every issue. Every teams have those problems which I don't look into at that detail.

The 3rd Quarter was painful, though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

But to be honest we have won 5 games in a row, and after every win its the same tired message at this point. "If we play like this against this team we will lose".  Look we are finding ways to win games and in this league the result is what matters and rightnow 11-3 feels good. Every team has flaws and yes the Bills have flaws to, but the over analyzing  of them on this board is ridiculous. We are one of the best teams in football and have a legitimate shot to win a superbowl. Every game isn't going to be perfect, but rightnow the amount of negativity on this board is tiring and in reality pretty stupid considering where the Bills are sitting rightnow.

Not to mention those teams have similar type wins and some bad losses so maybe "if they play like that against us", then they will lose too.

So tired of the idea that these other teams are invincible playing a flawless unbeatable game.

Chiefs

• 1 point win against the terrible Raiders
  • Almost gave the game away to the terrible Broncos
  • Lost to the Bengals

Bengals

• Blownout by the Browns
  • Close win against the Titans
  • Close win against the terrible Steelers

49ers

• Lost to the terrible Falcons
  • Blownout by the Chiefs

Eagles

• Near loss to the terrible Colts
  • Lost to the Commanders

Cowboys

• Near loss to the one win Texans
  • Played down to the Colts level for 3 quarters
  • Lost to Green Bay
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

43 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

The OC sucks.

Frazier sucks.

The defense sucks.

McKenzie sucks.

The tackling sucks.

Eff that.  This is a really good football team and a legit Superbowl contender.  Good teams win games, especially the close ones against talented teams in their own division.  Super happy today. 

You forgot "poster xxx sucks" but that is mostly right.

44 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

The OC sucks.

Frazier sucks.

The defense sucks.

McKenzie sucks.

The tackling sucks.

Well in all fair, the tackling actually does suck…😉

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Governor said:

I was very discouraged after the game and felt really bad for Josh. There was a series towards the end where the coaching staff called a bunch of designed runs, not because they were changing things up, or saw something schematically, but because they knew the offensive line couldn’t block for 2 seconds for a pass play to develop. It felt like a total surrender and highlights the terrible job Beane has done over the years to protect the kid.

How do you know they didn't see something schematically?  Also, whatever Dorsey dialed up during the last two drives seemed to work, no, including runs to Singletary and Josh's drop back pass attempts?

Oh, and there's also the fact that we were playing without our starting center and starting guard (who just happens to be our best backup center as well).  Yeah, the online has issues, can't deny that, but let's not pretend that injuries haven't been a major issue as well.

As objectively as possible:

We’re the #1 seed in the AFC, with an 11-3 record against the 3rd toughest schedule in the league (per Sagarin ratings).
We have accomplished this despite critical and untimely injuries, like the loss of Morse during last night’s game. 

Have we played great every game…no.  Have we persevered in a talented AFC East Division….yes.  Are all of our preseason goals still alive….yes!    

I’m going to enjoy watching a replay of last night’s comeback victory, it was a classic!

• Like (+1) 1

They are all fans of the team, just wired differently or have different things they focus on.

Some guys are film junkies and will point out the good and the bad plays.

Some like to focus on personnel and have an eye towards the future draft or free agency to shore up weak areas on the team.

Some focus on both.

Some will see the scoreboard come into focus at the end of a game with beer goggles and think the team played awesome the whole game. I can say this for certain. The rose-colored glasses were hard to find from most of the posters through most of the 2nd half game thread. At one point I predicted exactly this thread. I think around the mark where we plowed into their punter and gave them a fresh set of downs that led to another Miami score.

I said, "If the Bills manage to pull a diamond out of this pile of crap, tomorrow there will be folks that claim it doesn't smell like poop".

And here we are.

The Bills played poorly for long stretches, the defense tightened up a bit in crunch time, Allen went off, the snow fell, and even better we squished the fish. We won and I am glad, but I hope we are able to fix some of the areas where we were exposed during the game so we can be an even better team.

The Bills find a way and are becoming more clutch in tight games.

Edited by WideNine
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

We play like we did yesterday against the Chiefs, the Bengals or, if we get that far, the 49ers, Eagles or Cowboys and we get beaten. And there are weaknesses which we are relucant to or cannot address. If this was a one off, fine, but a lot of the issues shown yesterday have been persistent across the season.

An excellent win and a strong record this season is all well and good but improvement is required if we want to make and win the Super Bowl. I think that's all most are saying.

I’d say that if the Bills score 32 points in bad weather they would win a lot of games against a lot of teams. I guess that makes me a homer. 

I have no issues with the defensive game plan (bend but don’t break) and focus on the pass. Missed tackles must be addressed but they inflated the rushing totals. Had Bills adjusted to focus on the run, I think you see Tua go for 300+ again (aka 10 and 17 go off) and Dolphins are really hard to beat when that happens.

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.