So, reading the board, we lost again. 3-11. Sigh.

ChicagoRic

Just now, Casey D said:

I think you are being a bit myopic.  When a poster posts-- in this thread-- that the Bills "cannot" beat the Bengals, KC, SF, Dallas or Philly "playing as they are" it suggests that people are obtuse to the limitations of other teams such that the Bills have no chance.  The Bills certainly can beat all those teams, even with their A games.  And no team has its A game all of the time. Bills have roughly a 17% chance to win the SB according to oddsmakers.  So it is very likely the Bills will not win the SB.  But so what. And these BS "we can't win posts" do get tiresome.   

Myopic? When responding to blanket statements like "there’s no acknowledgment"

Please.

Some folks make those predictions you mention and the doom and gloom team comparisons, I largely ignore those and it doesnt bother me very much. There are no "complete" teams out there so it is a week by week matchup league. Look at mighty KC eeking out an OT win vs Houston.

For me that has little to do with how my Bills execute plays, or the things I like to discuss that I think they could do better with the personnel they have.

8 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Please.

Some folks make those predictions you mention and the doom and gloom team comparisons, I largely ignore those and it doesnt bother me very much. There are no "complete" teams out there so it is a week by week matchup league. Look at mighty KC eeking out an OT win vs Houston.

For me that has little to do with how my Bills execute plays, or the things I like to discuss that I think they could do better with the personnel they have.

You may ignore them, but others do not and so they comment.

And it is obvious all teams could do things better, including the Bills.  The line could block better, as it is an average to slightly above average line without missing two starters including the anchor in Morse replaced by a third-string center.  Roughing the kicker penalty was beyond absurd.  Knox dropping two balls not good.  Defense overall was not great, especially against run.  Yet despite all that, Bills beat a good team that brought its A game on offense.

But totally agree it is a week to week  matchup league, and what happened on 12/17 does not lock in what happens in January and February.  That's all some are saying if not stated with precision.

• Agree 1

Just 4 short years ago ...

Now, we've already taken it for granted we will be a playoff team.  There were no "we made it" threads after defeating the Dolphins.  Many are cryin' that things aren't perfect and have already forgotten what it was like to go 17 years w/o a playoff berth (and I've been guilty of that, too).  McDermott has now taken us to playoffs 4 of 5 seasons.  I think he's a keeper.  Enjoy this ride Bills fans and don't let it stop being fun!  Go Bills!!!

Edited by ChasBB
add content
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/18/2022 at 6:04 PM, BillsFan2313 said:

What has Belichick won as a HC without Brady? 

Let's not move the goal posts.  Belichick was a defensive coordinator for two Super Bowl-winning Giants football teams (including a Super Bowl in which the Giants held the high-octane Bills offense to 19 points).  Those are major accomplishments.  Sean McDermott's career success before being a HC and as a HC?  None.

Another clickbait title thread.  Searching for positive responses and emojis. And again 80%+ of people agree with the sentiment. That is the Stadium Wall.

Very few post scathing, negative posts and threads. Mostly people have questions about certain things that are happening with the Bills. People seem to forget that this was the Super Bowl favourite beginning the year. Like it or not they've not blown out a team since Pitt, or had a great performance since the KC game.

The Bettors certainly think more of the Bills because they're lousy against the spread this year (yes so has KC).

Guess what? We all know they are 11 and 3. But there's that nagging thought that if they were 12-2, the number one seed would pretty much be locked up and they'd be preparing for the playoffs.

Right now without the benefit of a convincing victory in a long while you look around AFC and you see a lot of teams that can present them a lot of problems come the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Another clickbait title thread.  Searching for positive responses and emojis. And again 80%+ of people agree with the sentiment. That is the Stadium Wall.

Very few post scathing, negative posts and threads. Mostly people have questions about certain things that are happening with the Bills. People seem to forget that this was the Super Bowl favourite beginning the year. Like it or not they've not blown out a team since Pitt, or had a great performance since the KC game.

The Bettors certainly think more of the Bills because they're lousy against the spread this year (yes so has KC).

Guess what? We all know they are 11 and 3. But there's that nagging thought that if they were 12-2, the number one seed would pretty much be locked up and they'd be preparing for the playoffs.

Right now without the benefit of a convincing victory in a long while you look around AFC and you see a lot of teams that can present them a lot of problems come the playoffs.

Should be 12-2. The Vikings game never should have been a loss. But it was.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/20/2022 at 1:02 AM, ChasBB said:

Just 4 short years ago ...

Now, we've already taken it for granted we will be a playoff team.  There were no "we made it" threads after defeating the Dolphins.  Many are cryin' that things aren't perfect and have already forgotten what it was like to go 17 years w/o a playoff berth (and I've been guilty of that, too).  McDermott has now taken us to playoffs 4 of 5 seasons.  I think he's a keeper.  Enjoy this ride Bills fans and don't let it stop being fun!  Go Bills!!!

I get choked up every time I see that video. And I think most Bills fans aren't taking for granted how great it is to be a regular playoff team. Aside from KC, that Miami win was the best win so far this season because of what it meant IMO. But we want more. And to get more, you have to be at the top or your game. To me, that's the source of a lot of the scrutinizing! We want more!

We're greedy!  And .................

Greed.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/18/2022 at 10:10 AM, ChicagoRic said:

Oh wait, that 11-3.  We won?  Again?  11-3 you say?  Excellent!

I guess I just got confused by the endless stream of:

The OC sucks.

Frazier sucks.

The defense sucks.

McKenzie sucks.

The tackling sucks.

Eff that.  This is a really good football team and a legit Superbowl contender.  Good teams win games, especially the close ones against talented teams in their own division.  Super happy today. 

You mean having a 50% chance at the #1 seed with 3 weeks remaining isn't abysmal? 

I'll have to reevaluate how I grade teams, right now I have the Bills in rebuild mode and the Texans as a hot up and comer...🤣

On 12/18/2022 at 11:10 AM, ChicagoRic said:

Oh wait, that 11-3.  We won?  Again?  11-3 you say?  Excellent!

I guess I just got confused by the endless stream of:

The OC sucks.

Frazier sucks.

The defense sucks.

McKenzie sucks.

The tackling sucks.

Eff that.  This is a really good football team and a legit Superbowl contender.  Good teams win games, especially the close ones against talented teams in their own division.  Super happy today. 

Try to calm down.

On 12/19/2022 at 9:33 PM, WideNine said:

Please.

And the Bengals, who are everyone's new SB favorite, would have lost to the Bucs without getting turnovers on 4 STRAIGHT POSSESSIONS. There is no certainty in sports and in a sport where each game matters a lot a certain amount of randomness can have great effects on outcomes. For instance, the Bills might lose the #1 seed this weekend because they have to play outside in a winter hurricane, while the Bengals and Chiefs will have much better weather.  

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And if the Chiefs didn't lose to a terrible Colts team they would be 12-2 and in the drivers seat.

Of course there are a lot of teams that can cause problems in the AFC.  It's football.  Every team in the playoffs can cause problems for every other team.  

The last super bowl winners:

#4 seed Rams

#5 Bucaneers

#2 Chiefs

#2 Patriots

You have to go all the way to 2017 before you find a #1 seed from either conference that won the super bowl.  The point is to make the playoffs.  They have done that through all the injuries, through one of the toughest schedules in the NFL.

You can be doom and gloom and nothing will convince you otherwise clearly.  Or you can enjoy the ride.  Ultimately all your hand wringing means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme. It has no effect on the Bills.  So you can either enjoy the ride or be miserable worrying about every tiny little thing.  Sports should be enjoyable and it seems you get no enjoyment from watching 11 wins.  That sucks for you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BernieBill said:

Let's not move the goal posts.  Belichick was a defensive coordinator for two Super Bowl-winning Giants football teams (including a Super Bowl in which the Giants held the high-octane Bills offense to 19 points).  Those are major accomplishments.  Sean McDermott's career success before being a HC and as a HC?  None.

Lol

12 hours ago, section122 said:

And if the Chiefs didn't lose to a terrible Colts team they would be 12-2 and in the drivers seat.

Of course there are a lot of teams that can cause problems in the AFC.  It's football.  Every team in the playoffs can cause problems for every other team.  

The last super bowl winners:

#4 seed Rams

#5 Bucaneers

#2 Chiefs

#2 Patriots

You have to go all the way to 2017 before you find a #1 seed from either conference that won the super bowl.  The point is to make the playoffs.  They have done that through all the injuries, through one of the toughest schedules in the NFL.

You can be doom and gloom and nothing will convince you otherwise clearly.  Or you can enjoy the ride.  Ultimately all your hand wringing means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme. It has no effect on the Bills.  So you can either enjoy the ride or be miserable worrying about every tiny little thing.  Sports should be enjoyable and it seems you get no enjoyment from watching 11 wins.  That sucks for you.

Who said I'm doom & gloom?  I'm not at all.

Just because I don't come here & post how wonderful everything is?  Actually I am positive, just will post concerns.

This team was the SB favourites (and still are).

https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/super-bowl/futures

#1 Seed still important, however not crucial.  

The issue continues to be that the Bills haven't had a dominating win since Pittsburgh (and yes I expected more).

The positives are they have won close games & they have not had turnovers on offense (but yes scared of Fumbles, blind side hits on Allen and the dreaded tip int).  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.