So, reading the board, we lost again. 3-11. Sigh.

ChicagoRic

6 minutes ago, ganesh said:

We can't put all the blame on Dorsey,  We don't know if the players are executing or not executing their tasks, Every team makes half time adjustments and sometimes it is purely the flow of the game. 

The games are closer because the other teams have playmakers too.  Miami had a strong running game and two WRs who were better than our DBs in their execution. However, I am sure their fans are screaming how Gesecki has not been involved in the offense or why the Dolphins did not run more in the 2nd half.  It is simply possible that the Bills tightened the run game and gave more opportunities for the Dolphins in the passing game and in turn the Bills defense played better pass defense in the 4th quarter.   

Enjoy the ride,  Go Bills !

Ultimately the execution is on Dorsey too, but I agree that players may not be executing the plays the way he draws them up.

That is on him to fix with practice, reps, and rewarding playing time  - OC is probably the toughest job out there.

7 minutes ago, ganesh said:

We can't put all the blame on Dorsey,  We don't know if the players are executing or not executing their tasks, Every team makes half time adjustments and sometimes it is purely the flow of the game. 

The games are closer because the other teams have playmakers too.  Miami had a strong running game and two WRs who were better than our DBs in their execution. However, I am sure their fans are screaming how Gesecki has not been involved in the offense or why the Dolphins did not run more in the 2nd half.  It is simply possible that the Bills tightened the run game and gave more opportunities for the Dolphins in the passing game and in turn the Bills defense played better pass defense in the 4th quarter.   

Enjoy the ride,  Go Bills !

Totally hear what you are saying, but there has been film study shared on the board showing some of that lack of creativity in the offense this year.  Opposing players have made comments on the limited routes guys like Davis run and stuff.  

Teams like KC scheme guys open, we seem to rely on our receivers having to win every route.  Just think its a flaw in Dorsey's first year, something he hopefully continues to learn from and improve on.  

20 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s a week to week league. What you did last week doesn’t carry over to the next week.

I don’t understand how fans don’t understand this yet. 

At this point it’s because they don’t want to. They have to know that other teams are struggling too, but they refuse to acknowledge that. It’s just like all of the media that trashed Josh for so long and the refused to admit he is actually a top 2 QB in the league 

46 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Totally hear what you are saying, but there has been film study shared on the board showing some of that lack of creativity in the offense this year.  Opposing players have made comments on the limited routes guys like Davis run and stuff.  

Teams like KC scheme guys open, we seem to rely on our receivers having to win every route.  Just think its a flaw in Dorsey's first year, something he hopefully continues to learn from and improve on.  

Fair point

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

At this point it’s because they don’t want to. They have to know that other teams are struggling too, but they refuse to acknowledge that. It’s just like all of the media that trashed Josh for so long and the refused to admit he is actually a top 2 QB in the league 

So if I get this right the Bills fans are divded into two camps.

The "they" group who have the audacity to call themselves fans yet believe there are things the team could improve upon. Apparently this group also believes other teams don't have their own struggles... too?  By saying "too", I guess that is an acknowledgement that the Bills have struggles?

And the other group of true fans that see nothing the team needs to work on because it is a week to week league and the Bills got the "W"?

This whole thread is mind numbing. Some fans just see the "W" and that is enough and good for them, some see the "W" and things they think the team could do better and that's fine too.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

The "they" group who have the audacity to call themselves fans yet believe there are things the team could improve upon. Apparently this group also believes other teams don't have their own struggles... too?  By saying "too", I guess that is an acknowledgement that the Bills have struggles?

And the other group of true fans that see nothing the team needs to work on because it is a week to week league and the Bills got the "W"?

This whole thread is mind numbing. Some fans just see the "W" and that is enough and good for them, some see the "W" and things they think the team could do better and that's fine too.

The W is definitely enough. I've sat through enough garbage football to appreciate a 32 point offensive effort in a WIN.

4 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

The W is definitely enough. I've sat through enough garbage football to appreciate a 32 point offensive effort in a WIN.

And that is perfectly fine, and I am glad that works for you.

The whole you do you and I do me thing has been a missing element to this - whatever this is.

Edited by WideNine

6 minutes ago, WideNine said:

And that is perfectly fine, and I am glad that works for you.

The whole you do you and I do me thing has been a missing element to this - whatever this is.

I think people like me are more than a little annoyed with people who piss in the punchbowl after a win. Like come on man. Wait a day at least lol

13 minutes ago, WideNine said:

No what’s mind numbing is reading week after week how this team isn’t good enough to beat (insert team here) because of whatever reason you want to come up with-yet the team keeps winning. Also there’s no acknowledgment that the other teams that the Bills apparently can’t beat also have flaws.

I think everyone on here can say that the O line is needs to improve, receivers outside of Diggs need to be more consistent, the corners are struggling…but can you honestly watch KC, the Bengals, Dallas, and Philly and honestly say the Bills can’t beat them? That’s what people are getting tired with around here. We scrutinize every little thing about the Bills here-it’s a Bills discussion board, that can/should happen-but just look at stats and highlights of the other teams and some assume I’m here that the Bills can’t hang.

Be negative, no problem with that, but realize other teams have flaws too and maybe, just maybe this lowly Bills team that is currently the 1 seed in the AFC has as good a shot as any of them (if not better in some cases) of holding that Lombardi trophy in the end.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I think people like me are more than a little annoyed with people who piss in the punchbowl after a win. Like come on man. Wait a day at least lol

Odd way to celebrate don't you think?

Starting a thread bitching about other fans takes. Seems a bit like pissing in the punchbowl.

Just now, WideNine said:

Starting a thread bitching about other fans takes. Seems a bit like pissing in the punchbowl.

If other fans takes are nothing but whining about mistakes in a win, then I'll absolutely celebrate by dogging them for it.

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

It’s all relative man for some reason there are folks that want to get overly critical after a win like they’re complaining is going to change a damn thing

Be happy with the wind be happy with 11 and three be happy that we’ve had 10+ wins in four seasons some of us a lot of us were here for the decade of not being able to even get to the playoffs so to listen to people complaining right after a game is annoying

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

No what’s mind numbing is reading week after week how this team isn’t good enough to beat (insert team here) because of whatever reason you want to come up with-yet the team keeps winning. Also there’s no acknowledgment that the other teams that the Bills apparently can’t beat also have flaws.

I think everyone on here can say that the O line is needs to improve, receivers outside of Diggs need to be more consistent, the corners are struggling…but can you honestly watch KC, the Bengals, Dallas, and Philly and honestly say the Bills can’t beat them? That’s what people are getting tired with around here. We scrutinize every little thing about the Bills here-it’s a Bills discussion board, that can/should happen-but just look at stats and highlights of the other teams and some assume I’m here that the Bills can’t hang.

Be negative, no problem with that, but realize other teams have flaws too and maybe, just maybe this lowly Bills team that is currently the 1 seed in the AFC has as good a shot as any of them (if not better in some cases) of holding that Lombardi trophy in the end.  

I really am not that concerned with the issues other teams have, unless they are next on the schedule and the Bills can exploit those flaws to win.

Do you actually believe folks on this board are not aware that other teams have flaws? Really?

Just now, WideNine said:

I really am not that concerned with the issues other teams have, unless they are next on the schedule and the Bills can exploit those flaws to win.

Do you actually believe folks on this board are not aware that other teams have flaws? Really?

It’s not that it’s talking like the team should be perfect. Even though other teams are not being overly critical after a win, I mean why?

And we’ve had three losses this year the criticizing just ramped up 10 times during those weeks

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

If other fans takes are nothing but whining about mistakes in a win, then I'll absolutely celebrate by dogging them for it.

Other than a few extreme cases, I don't see that.

I see fans that are happy we did enough to win, acknowledge the good plays, yet feel like this is also a place where they can discuss things the Bills could have done better. 

There is nothing wrong with that... but some folks overreact to any critique, and that is as bad as folks that cannot acknowledge any of the positives.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Read people’s posts, I absolutely do think people on here aren’t aware of other teams flaws. There’s new excuses every week as to why the Bills WON’T (not can’t) beat certain teams. I am certain there are posters on here who are almost as interested to be able to say “I told you so” if the Bills lose as they are to see the Bills win in the end 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think that there are other factors that play into that fins win that make it exceptional let’s keep in mind that Miami is playing for their playoff wives having lost two straight highly motivated did not want to lose a third

The bills found a way to win

They did win, yet there is room for improvement.

Some may think that is a negative statement, others may take that same statement and think the Bills beat a desparate team and did it without their "A" game.

8 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Read people’s posts, I absolutely do think people on here aren’t aware of other teams flaws. There’s new excuses every week as to why the Bills WON’T (not can’t) beat certain teams. I am certain there are posters on here who are almost as interested to be able to say “I told you so” if the Bills lose as they are to see the Bills win in the end 

Apparently you have not read the recent posts regarding the play of the Jets and the Patriots this week.

But you are welcome to think people on here aren’t aware of other teams flaws

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Apparently you have not read the recent posts regarding the play of the Jets and the Patriots this week.

But you are welcome to think people on here aren’t aware of other teams flaws

I think you are being a bit myopic.  When a poster posts-- in this thread-- that the Bills "cannot" beat the Bengals, KC, SF, Dallas or Philly "playing as they are" it suggests that people are obtuse to the limitations of other teams such that the Bills have no chance.  The Bills certainly can beat all those teams, even with their A games.  And no team has its A game all of the time. Bills have roughly a 17% chance to win the SB according to oddsmakers.  So it is very likely the Bills will not win the SB.  But so what. And these BS "we can't win posts" do get tiresome.   

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Casey D said:

I think you are being a bit myopic.  When a poster posts-- in this thread-- that the Bills "cannot" beat the Bengals, KC, SF, Dallas or Philly "playing as they are" it suggests that people are obtuse to the limitations of other teams such that the Bills have no chance.  The Bills certainly can beat all those teams, even with their A games.  And no team has its A game all of the time. Bills have roughly a 17% chance to win the SB according to oddsmakers.  So it is very likely the Bills will not win the SB.  But so what. And these BS "we can't win posts" do get tiresome.   

Myopic? When responding to blanket statements like "there’s no acknowledgment"

Please.

Some folks make those predictions you mention and the doom and gloom team comparisons, I largely ignore those and it doesnt bother me very much. There are no "complete" teams out there so it is a week by week matchup league. Look at mighty KC eeking out an OT win vs Houston.

For me that has little to do with how my Bills execute plays, or the things I like to discuss that I think they could do better with the personnel they have.

8 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Please.

Some folks make those predictions you mention and the doom and gloom team comparisons, I largely ignore those and it doesnt bother me very much. There are no "complete" teams out there so it is a week by week matchup league. Look at mighty KC eeking out an OT win vs Houston.

For me that has little to do with how my Bills execute plays, or the things I like to discuss that I think they could do better with the personnel they have.

You may ignore them, but others do not and so they comment.

And it is obvious all teams could do things better, including the Bills.  The line could block better, as it is an average to slightly above average line without missing two starters including the anchor in Morse replaced by a third-string center.  Roughing the kicker penalty was beyond absurd.  Knox dropping two balls not good.  Defense overall was not great, especially against run.  Yet despite all that, Bills beat a good team that brought its A game on offense.

But totally agree it is a week to week  matchup league, and what happened on 12/17 does not lock in what happens in January and February.  That's all some are saying if not stated with precision.

• Agree 1

Just 4 short years ago ...

Now, we've already taken it for granted we will be a playoff team.  There were no "we made it" threads after defeating the Dolphins.  Many are cryin' that things aren't perfect and have already forgotten what it was like to go 17 years w/o a playoff berth (and I've been guilty of that, too).  McDermott has now taken us to playoffs 4 of 5 seasons.  I think he's a keeper.  Enjoy this ride Bills fans and don't let it stop being fun!  Go Bills!!!

Edited by ChasBB
add content
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/18/2022 at 6:04 PM, BillsFan2313 said:

What has Belichick won as a HC without Brady? 

Let's not move the goal posts.  Belichick was a defensive coordinator for two Super Bowl-winning Giants football teams (including a Super Bowl in which the Giants held the high-octane Bills offense to 19 points).  Those are major accomplishments.  Sean McDermott's career success before being a HC and as a HC?  None.

Another clickbait title thread.  Searching for positive responses and emojis. And again 80%+ of people agree with the sentiment. That is the Stadium Wall.

Very few post scathing, negative posts and threads. Mostly people have questions about certain things that are happening with the Bills. People seem to forget that this was the Super Bowl favourite beginning the year. Like it or not they've not blown out a team since Pitt, or had a great performance since the KC game.

The Bettors certainly think more of the Bills because they're lousy against the spread this year (yes so has KC).

Guess what? We all know they are 11 and 3. But there's that nagging thought that if they were 12-2, the number one seed would pretty much be locked up and they'd be preparing for the playoffs.

Right now without the benefit of a convincing victory in a long while you look around AFC and you see a lot of teams that can present them a lot of problems come the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Another clickbait title thread.  Searching for positive responses and emojis. And again 80%+ of people agree with the sentiment. That is the Stadium Wall.

Very few post scathing, negative posts and threads. Mostly people have questions about certain things that are happening with the Bills. People seem to forget that this was the Super Bowl favourite beginning the year. Like it or not they've not blown out a team since Pitt, or had a great performance since the KC game.

The Bettors certainly think more of the Bills because they're lousy against the spread this year (yes so has KC).

Guess what? We all know they are 11 and 3. But there's that nagging thought that if they were 12-2, the number one seed would pretty much be locked up and they'd be preparing for the playoffs.

Right now without the benefit of a convincing victory in a long while you look around AFC and you see a lot of teams that can present them a lot of problems come the playoffs.

Should be 12-2. The Vikings game never should have been a loss. But it was.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/20/2022 at 1:02 AM, ChasBB said:

Just 4 short years ago ...

Now, we've already taken it for granted we will be a playoff team.  There were no "we made it" threads after defeating the Dolphins.  Many are cryin' that things aren't perfect and have already forgotten what it was like to go 17 years w/o a playoff berth (and I've been guilty of that, too).  McDermott has now taken us to playoffs 4 of 5 seasons.  I think he's a keeper.  Enjoy this ride Bills fans and don't let it stop being fun!  Go Bills!!!

I get choked up every time I see that video. And I think most Bills fans aren't taking for granted how great it is to be a regular playoff team. Aside from KC, that Miami win was the best win so far this season because of what it meant IMO. But we want more. And to get more, you have to be at the top or your game. To me, that's the source of a lot of the scrutinizing! We want more!

We're greedy!  And .................

Greed.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/18/2022 at 10:10 AM, ChicagoRic said:

Oh wait, that 11-3.  We won?  Again?  11-3 you say?  Excellent!

I guess I just got confused by the endless stream of:

The OC sucks.

Frazier sucks.

The defense sucks.

McKenzie sucks.

The tackling sucks.

Eff that.  This is a really good football team and a legit Superbowl contender.  Good teams win games, especially the close ones against talented teams in their own division.  Super happy today. 

You mean having a 50% chance at the #1 seed with 3 weeks remaining isn't abysmal? 

I'll have to reevaluate how I grade teams, right now I have the Bills in rebuild mode and the Texans as a hot up and comer...🤣

On 12/18/2022 at 11:10 AM, ChicagoRic said:

Oh wait, that 11-3.  We won?  Again?  11-3 you say?  Excellent!

I guess I just got confused by the endless stream of:

The OC sucks.

Frazier sucks.

The defense sucks.

McKenzie sucks.

The tackling sucks.

Eff that.  This is a really good football team and a legit Superbowl contender.  Good teams win games, especially the close ones against talented teams in their own division.  Super happy today. 

Try to calm down.

On 12/19/2022 at 9:33 PM, WideNine said:

Please.

And the Bengals, who are everyone's new SB favorite, would have lost to the Bucs without getting turnovers on 4 STRAIGHT POSSESSIONS. There is no certainty in sports and in a sport where each game matters a lot a certain amount of randomness can have great effects on outcomes. For instance, the Bills might lose the #1 seed this weekend because they have to play outside in a winter hurricane, while the Bengals and Chiefs will have much better weather.  

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And if the Chiefs didn't lose to a terrible Colts team they would be 12-2 and in the drivers seat.

Of course there are a lot of teams that can cause problems in the AFC.  It's football.  Every team in the playoffs can cause problems for every other team.  

The last super bowl winners:

#4 seed Rams

#5 Bucaneers

#2 Chiefs

#2 Patriots

You have to go all the way to 2017 before you find a #1 seed from either conference that won the super bowl.  The point is to make the playoffs.  They have done that through all the injuries, through one of the toughest schedules in the NFL.

You can be doom and gloom and nothing will convince you otherwise clearly.  Or you can enjoy the ride.  Ultimately all your hand wringing means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme. It has no effect on the Bills.  So you can either enjoy the ride or be miserable worrying about every tiny little thing.  Sports should be enjoyable and it seems you get no enjoyment from watching 11 wins.  That sucks for you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BernieBill said:

Let's not move the goal posts.  Belichick was a defensive coordinator for two Super Bowl-winning Giants football teams (including a Super Bowl in which the Giants held the high-octane Bills offense to 19 points).  Those are major accomplishments.  Sean McDermott's career success before being a HC and as a HC?  None.

Lol

12 hours ago, section122 said:

And if the Chiefs didn't lose to a terrible Colts team they would be 12-2 and in the drivers seat.

Of course there are a lot of teams that can cause problems in the AFC.  It's football.  Every team in the playoffs can cause problems for every other team.  

The last super bowl winners:

#4 seed Rams

#5 Bucaneers

#2 Chiefs

#2 Patriots

You have to go all the way to 2017 before you find a #1 seed from either conference that won the super bowl.  The point is to make the playoffs.  They have done that through all the injuries, through one of the toughest schedules in the NFL.

You can be doom and gloom and nothing will convince you otherwise clearly.  Or you can enjoy the ride.  Ultimately all your hand wringing means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme. It has no effect on the Bills.  So you can either enjoy the ride or be miserable worrying about every tiny little thing.  Sports should be enjoyable and it seems you get no enjoyment from watching 11 wins.  That sucks for you.

Who said I'm doom & gloom?  I'm not at all.

Just because I don't come here & post how wonderful everything is?  Actually I am positive, just will post concerns.

This team was the SB favourites (and still are).

https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/super-bowl/futures

#1 Seed still important, however not crucial.  

The issue continues to be that the Bills haven't had a dominating win since Pittsburgh (and yes I expected more).

The positives are they have won close games & they have not had turnovers on offense (but yes scared of Fumbles, blind side hits on Allen and the dreaded tip int).  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.