NFLN Saturday Game 2 Ravens @ Browns GAMEDAY THREAD 12-17-2022

muppy

13 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

I think the browns were a better team before playing Watson. Dunno what stats say or any of that, but seems like they take the ball out of Chubbs hands way too often now. 

Well they’re paying Watson nearly almost a billion. after paying him that kind of money I’d have him throw every down

25 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Slippery slope there.

how do you offset an offensive holding and DPI 25 yards down field?

I agree that some penalties like DPI and RTP should trump any other standard penalty but it's all going to be judgement calls in the end.

good points - wondering at what poit somempenalties don't even out but as you stated it opens up other issues

At certain times, I feel like a QB injury can actually help his contract negotiations. I feel like Dak’s injury helped show the Cowboys how much they need him. I feel it may be the same with Lamar and the Ravens. They are horrendous without him. Should have lost last week if Pickett didn’t get injured. Will lose tonight. 

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Wonder if the kicking is going to be like this in Buffalo tonight too.

Looks like he might just be awful. 

On the second miss, the flags weren’t moving. 

3 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

At certain times, I feel like a QB injury can actually help his contract negotiations. I feel like Dak’s injury helped show the Cowboys how much they need him. I feel it may be the same with Lamar and the Ravens. They are horrendous without him. Should have lost last week if Pickett didn’t get injured. Will lose tonight. 

Lamar is this offense. As he goes, the team goes. Same thing for Allen and the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Has anyone been at all impressed by Watson to this point? Looks extremely pedestrian. 

Had a good run

But frankly Browns won because Ravens crapped the bed offensively and defensively.  

Looks to me like moving on from Wink Martindale did not help them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.