Jerry Sullivan crosses the line. Comments against women.

Draconator

I don’t like Sullivan.  He tries to ask gotcha question of the players and make himself the story.  It got old for me a long time ago.

I also don’t think what he said was a firing offense.  People who are piling on and cheering his firing better remember that it might someday be them at the end of the mob’s pitchfork because of something they say.

I think people should be able to acknowledge that someone said something stupid without demanding their destruction.

• Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, teef said:

this is about as much fun as the local dentist that threw a juneteenth party this year.

My daughter and their son were classmates for a few years.

The wife's press conference was a sight to behold.

26 pages in and I still care absolutely nothing about this other than to say I love that today's day and age provides an a media story from a media member. I don't care at all about him, this story, or everyone pretending it's a story.

Not acting like I'm better than this story or it's beneath me or whatever the issue is or is not important enough for me. I just don't care what he has to say and only know it was about women from seeing some chatter. To me he's just some dude who has no significance in my life or the greater world. 

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

26 pages in and I still care absolutely nothing about this other than to say I love that today's day and age provides an a media story from a media member. I don't care at all about him, this story, or everyone pretending it's a story.

Not acting like I'm better than this story or it's beneath me or whatever the issue is or is not important enough for me. I just don't care what he has to say and only know it was about women from seeing some chatter. To me he's just some dude who has no significance in my life or the greater world. 

a whole lotta words for something you don't care at all about.  lol. jk, man.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, BRH said:

My daughter and their son were classmates for a few years.

The wife's press conference was a sight to behold.

it was amazing wasn't it?  i never met the guy, but i'm friends with a rep who called on him for years.  the rep was shocked and said he was the nicest guy.

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

All these snarky media types should take notice.  One transgression online or on social media you could lose your career and everything else.

Unless you're a successful NFL QB, in which case you can not only make comments against women but also be sexually abusive to them and STILL keep your job

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

I do kinda agree with him on this point. It is unfortunate that one stupid and offensive comment can ruin all the positives a person has done. That’s what bothers me with mob rule. Every single person lambasting Sullivan for his stupid comment has undoubtably said something equally as stupid and offensive in their life as well. And 99% of them did not lose their livelihoods over it.

"Some of my best friends are black"

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

I do kinda agree with him on this point. It is unfortunate that one stupid and offensive comment can ruin all the positives a person has done. That’s what bothers me with mob rule. Every single person lambasting Sullivan for his stupid comment has undoubtably said something equally as stupid and offensive in their life as well. And 99% of them did not lose their livelihoods over it.

"I can drop the N bomb because I have black friends and have defended them."  What is the difference between the two?

3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Unless you're a successful NFL QB, in which case you can not only make comments against women but also be sexually abusive to them and STILL keep your job

Yet another case where The Onion was closer to reality than to satire:

https://www.theonion.com/nation-forgives-harvey-weinstein-after-he-gets-really-g-1849876525

Nation Forgives Harvey Weinstein After He Gets Really Good At Football

LOS ANGELES—The American people have reportedly forgiven Harvey Weinstein Wednesday after discovering the disgraced mogul has gotten really good at football. “I don’t condone what Harvey did, but man, that guy can run like a demon,” said 38-year-old homemaker Sara Reese ...

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Unfortunately I have seen a lot of this stuff (fortunately I’ve never been the subject of it).  Where someone gets “cancelled” it is almost always a situation where everyone already had their knives out for the person and the transgression, however minor, was used as an opportunity to kill them off.  Maybe unfair punishment for the particular event but usually a fair outcome for the individual.  This strikes me as being in that category.  The good guys get second chances (usually, not always).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, teef said:

it was amazing wasn't it?  i never met the guy, but i'm friends with a rep who called on him for years.  the rep was shocked and said he was the nicest guy.

I mean, I didn’t know him well, and I don’t want to be that guy who says, “yeah, you could tell all along.”  But living where I do, I know a lot of “country club nice” people who are well-mannered and friendly (as long as they get everything they want) but have troglodytic views and opinions.  

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Cut him some slack, people. He's probably salty about his daughter's very visible work out in Vegas. Seems like the uptight type who might let this kind of thing gnaw away at him, and then take it out on a family pet, or Josh Allen.

SmartSelect_20221214_213944_Instagram.jpg

Does she work at The Heart Attack Grill?    The beatings those women give you if you don't finish the burger are no joke.

• Agree 1

I could only imagine that if this board started cancelling posters for dumb misogynistic comments, what percentage that would be, let alone the people on this thread flaming away.

I’m no fan of Sullivan’s brand of journalism and his comments were silly but the delight so many of us feel in others’ destruction is bizarre to me.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.