Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t know why they’d move it period. No other team ever has to

Except for the 49ers, Patriots, Chargers, Dolphins, Saints (for a whole season,) Vikings, Chiefs, Texans, Cowboys and Buccaneers you have a point.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-games-affected-severe-weather-223007460.html

Just now, Big Turk said:

Have not seen one analyst pick the Dolphins in this one...most say "good luck".

https://youtu.be/80X-CbYwgOs?t=844

I mean.........when we played them in Miami, the Bills were decimated with injuries, especially on D as we all know, the heat was a factor, Diggs looked like he was about to throw up throughout the entire 2nd half, and the Bills execution was poor to say the least, and yet, we only lost by 2.

This time around our D is significantly healthier, we're at home with the weather in OUR favor, plenty of bulletin board material, the Fish look to be the more banged up side, and Tua is terrible in the cold.  This has blowout written all over it (Unless there's 3 feet of snow on the ground).

So I agree, good luck Fish.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Do you know where is Marino getting his numbers and how he decides what is or isn't acceptable?  The Bills do have the #2 defense for points against, #9 for yards given up, #4 for turnovers.  So in terms of results, what exactly is "unacceptable"?

That has to be some stuff like where some outfit (PFF?) gave Milano a very low grade for the KC game because he wasn't making tackles.  Except in the KC game, Milano's assignment was to shadow Mahomes and once he was flushed to one side, contain/pressure/tackle him.  So no, he wasn't running around covering short routes or minding a gap to tackle an RB, but to observers who understood his assignment, he Killed it.

If anyone has actually watched how Milano has been playing, then uses "unacceptable" to describe it, I gotta say, I kinda question how much they know Ball.

I dont know where.  He may mention in his podcasts this week (I think it was herd mentality).  His acceptable is his feeling.  I think it makes sense.  1 in every 5 attempts is a lot of misses (probably 2-3/game for a LB), 1 in every 10 seems more palatable (probably only 1 for a LB).  I dont know how they contextualize these things and agree its important.  If there are others about to swallow someone up, then a missed tackle doesnt matter as much as a missed one in your gap and theres noone else to clean up or one in the open field without anyone else nearby.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Drives me bonkers when people think that the Bills would have played the Browns in Buffalo if they had a dome. That game shut down all roads. No one could get there. The game would have been regardless if it was domed or not. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I dont know where.  He may mention in his podcasts this week (I think it was herd mentality).  His acceptable is his feeling.  I think it makes sense.  1 in every 5 attempts is a lot of misses (probably 2-3/game for a LB), 1 in every 10 seems more palatable (probably only 1 for a LB).  I dont know how they contextualize these things and agree its important.  If there are others about to swallow someone up, then a missed tackle doesnt matter as much as a missed one in your gap and theres noone else to clean up or one in the open field without anyone else nearby.

How many of them are misses where he shoots the gap in the backfield and misses the tackle due to a sudden move by the RB who is then swarmed under by other Bills that get there due to Milano disrupting the play initially?  I feel like this is what I have seen a lot of in terms of missed tackles from Milano which are really inconsequential mostly.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Von was interviewed on The Herd show.  Towards the end Cowherd is asking him about the weather and what it's like in Buffalo.  Von says "There's nothing like Buffalo and the fans....all we care about is football...winning games our Sabres, we have really good Wings and we have really good people here.. That's all we care about"  lol.  Gotta love Von.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

How many of them are misses where he shoots the gap in the backfield and misses the tackle due to a sudden move by the RB who is then swarmed under by other Bills that get there due to Milano disrupting the play initially?  I feel like this is what I have seen a lot of in terms of missed tackles from Milano which are really inconsequential mostly.

I think you're both "on" to something.  One thing the Bills have done really really well most of this season is "swarm to the ball".  So if Milano disrupts the play or gets the ankles but doesn't clinch the deal, there's usually a couple of other guys right there.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Beck Water said:

I think you're both "on" to something.  One thing the Bills have done really really well most of this season is "swarm to the ball".  So if Milano disrupts the play or gets the ankles but doesn't clinch the deal, there's usually a couple of other guys right there.

Bills are #1 in the NFL in "stuff percentage" on running plays. 27% of run plays against the Bills are stopped for no gain or a loss of yards.

image.thumb.png.12c9932e8cc7c1617d27052e3d08af45.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:
18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Drives me bonkers when people think that the Bills would have played the Browns in Buffalo if they had a dome. That game shut down all roads. No one could get there. The game would have been regardless if it was domed or not. 

Expand  

Miami weather is crap during September and they should be mandated to have an air conditioned dome before they are allowed to play games there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Seriously…do they think everyone just teleports to the stadium? Lol they still would’ve moved the game last time even if we had a dome 

Right, like the whole area can be under a state of emergency with a "Do Not Drive" ban, most of the side streets not plowed yet, we have video of Bills players walking through unplowed streets to get to a cleared street with a ride, we have Squirrel Winters and his front-loader clearing a narrow path out of Josh Allen's driveway, but yeah, if we only had a dome everyone could drive to the stadium for the game!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Seriously…do they think everyone just teleports to the stadium? Lol they still would’ve moved the game last time even if we had a dome 

Maybe they expect to play game with no fans like COVID season?

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Von was interviewed on The Herd show.  Towards the end Cowherd is asking him about the weather and what it's like in Buffalo.  Von says "There's nothing like Buffalo and the fans....all we care about is football...winning games our Sabres, we have really good Wings and we have really good people here.. That's all we care about"  lol.  Gotta love Von.

There was a video of him at Bar Bills getting wings.

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Unclear.  I would also say that being aggressive and making plays is Milanos role so I can live with a higher missed tackle % than Edmunds whos role is to clean things up more.  It has just been frustrating when folks have said in the past that Edmunds misses tackles (he is doing his best by the metric this year) more than Milano when thats not really apparent.  

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

lol.  everyone is negging on our skill players but doesnt realize our offense is outperforming the chargers.  I get that they have been banged up, but its illogical to say that Herbert is better than Josh and their skill players are better yet we have better offensive out put.  Some cognitive dissonance there

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

what a moron.

I guess Chicago, Cleveland, Cinnci, Pittsburg, Boston, and every other outdoor northern “weather city” (whatever the F that means) shouldn’t have teams as well. If the weather is in the heads of Phin players and coaches half as much as its in the heads of their fans and pundits, good for us.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

So the warning is for the northern areas, but in the "Where" section it restates the northern area but then says the heaviest lake effect snow (the title of the warning!) is expected to be in the south.  Is it just me?

Just now, K-9 said:

I guess Chicago, Cleveland, Cinnci, Pittsburg, Boston, and every other outdoor northern “weather city” (whatever the F that means) shouldn’t have teams as well. If the weather is in the heads of Phin players and coaches half as much as its in the heads of their fans and pundits, good for us.

the kid is obviously ######ed

1 minute ago, NEBranch said:

So the warning is for the northern areas, but in the "Where" section it restates the northern area but then says the heaviest lake effect snow (the title of the warning!) is expected to be in the south.  Is it just me?

15-22 inches in Southern Erie including OP

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think Herbert may be a better pure passer....but Allen is a more complete Football player

He just looks so awkward when he runs...has no wiggle or shiftiness like Mahomes and Allen have.

On 12/12/2022 at 2:49 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

232 yards of Offense gives you about a 5% chance of winning a playoff game 

Not to say that 232 is a good number, it's not, but if you score 20 points when your opponent scores 12, you have a 100% chance of winning the game, regular season or playoffs.  If the Bills had been down a score or two, rather than up a score or two, they probably would have had more than 232 yards.

• Like (+1) 3

On 12/13/2022 at 4:52 AM, Bubba Gump said:

Can you explain what "lake affected" exactly means? Are the Dolphins in trouble due to some sort of lake affect? Or could the lake effect snow play a role? I'm confused.

Yes, I'm a grammatical douche, and have no problem with it. I've broken up with girls just because they can't make sense of the English language. 

I broke up with a girl because I didn't like her cat. 

• Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

15-22 inches in Southern Erie including OP

He just looks so awkward when he runs...has no wiggle or shiftiness like Mahomes and Allen have.

I was offered a chance to come up for this game a couple weeks ago.  Glad i had to decline, i wouldn’t want to travel in that stuff. If i could be teleported to my seat i’d love it but just don’t feel like driving in snowy traffic at night.

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I was offered a chance to come up for this game a couple weeks ago.  Glad i had to decline, i wouldn’t want to travel in that stuff. If i could be teleported to my seat i’d love it but just don’t feel like driving in snowy traffic at night.

It's not fun.  I've lived here most of my life and had to drive in many a snowstorm...it's never fun and it's never as "cool" as people think it is.  Mainly you are white knuckling it the entire time trying to stay out of the ditch, on your side of the road and ensuring you are able to stop in time when you see taillights in front of you and praying you never see the dreaded "headlights" coming at you.

• Like (+1) 2

So, I’m driving in from NJ Sat morning and staying overnight. 
Normally, it’s takes about 7 hours (have to stop for gas). 
Driving into the area from the south, should I plan on hitting awful weather? I was going to leave around 9, get into the area around 4. 

• Disagree 1

51 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Except for the 49ers, Patriots, Chargers, Dolphins, Saints (for a whole season,) Vikings, Chiefs, Texans, Cowboys and Buccaneers you have a point.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-games-affected-severe-weather-223007460.html

For snow? When? The Vikings roof was a borderline tarp. When was the last time a game got moved for SNOW and it wasn’t the Bills?

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

For snow? When? The Vikings roof was a borderline tarp. When was the last time a game got moved for SNOW and it wasn’t the Bills?

They got moved for natural freaking disasters. 

Unless you can build a dome over all of WNY and somehow get the other team's plane in during a blizzard?

Edited by Motorin'

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.