[Misleading Title]

sunshynman

6 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

A slow retired tight end? Good call bruh. 

One that catches everything thrown to him and is hard to tackle. His been resting for a couple years. I guarantee he's better than Sweeney. And McKenzie is not a WR.

Edited by sunshynman
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

23 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

Whorlnut, roll your eyes! LOL all you do is rag on the mistakes made even from the wins. You pose zero value. At least this suggestion is a possibility (not probability) and could help the team.

Yep…I will roll my eyes. It’s an emoji that can be used for “suggestions” like these. Carry on…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

At this point I think I could out produce any wr on this team outside of Diggs.  At least no one would bother to cover me leaving me wide open all the time, and if I manage to catch a couple I out performed the Bills wrs lol. If I dropped most of them it would be par for the course

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

At this point I think I could out produce any wr on this team outside of Diggs.  At least no one would bother to cover me leaving me wide open all the time, and if I manage to catch a couple I out performed the Bills wrs lol

Yeah, but could you take the hit that would come at the end of the play?

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 2

• Simon changed the title to [Misleading Title]
3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Our option is already on the team, his name is Dawson Knox.  

What I would do instead is go find a dedicated blocking TE than can do it close to as good as Knox so we can then turn Knox loose in the passing game instead of primarily using him to block. 

Get Me Lee Smith Line 1 stat

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

At this point I think I could out produce any wr on this team outside of Diggs.  At least no one would bother to cover me leaving me wide open all the time, and if I manage to catch a couple I out performed the Bills wrs lol. If I dropped most of them it would be par for the course

Maybe you should start breaking the pills in half.

• Haha (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Our option is already on the team, his name is Dawson Knox.  

What I would do instead is go find a dedicated blocking TE than can do it close to as good as Knox so we can then turn Knox loose in the passing game instead of primarily using him to block. 

When given the chance to run routes (instead of block), it would be nice if Knox didn’t drop the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

When given the chance to run routes (instead of block), it would be nice if Knox didn’t drop the ball.

Knox has the highest catch rate on the team of any player.  So, stats suggest you are incorrect in this assessment.  Yes he dropped that final pass, but he is statistically more likely to catch the pass over anyone on the team.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Knox has the highest catch rate on the team of any player.  So, stats suggest you are incorrect in this assessment.  Yes he dropped that final pass, but he is statistically more likely to catch the pass over anyone on the team.  

With Knox, it’s not so much how often he drops passes, but rather how impactful the ones he drops are.

He tends to save his brick hands for the worst possible and most impactful moments. 

Like dropping the game sealing first down pass against the Jets, or dropping the game winning TD against the Vikings.

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

With Knox, it’s not so much how often he drops passes, but rather how impactful the ones he drops are.

He tends to save his brick hands for the worst possible and most impactful moments. 

Like dropping the game sealing first down pass against the Jets, or dropping the game winning TD against the Vikings.

Wasn't a drop. It was a great play by Mosley on a ball thrown behind Knox.  

22 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Wasn't a drop. It was a great play by Mosley on a ball thrown behind Knox.  

Sorry, I don’t play the “it’s not a drop, it’s a PBU” game. If it hits your hands, you catch it.

Knox had 2 full hands on the ball. He needs to catch it. He is paid to catch the ball despite what the defender does. 

Just now, Einstein said:

Sorry, I don’t play the “it’s not a drop, it’s a PBU” game. If it hits your hands, you catch it.

Knox had 2 full hands on the ball. He needs to catch it. He is paid to catch the ball despite what the defender does. 

So when a Bills DB knocks the ball out of an opponent's hands it is not a pass defensed?  

The other team makes plays too.

Great play call, slightly bad pass, great play by Moseley 

Knox drops some easy ones from time to time but that wasn't one of them. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

So when a Bills DB knocks the ball out of an opponent's hands it is not a pass defensed?  

The other team makes plays too.

Great play call, slightly bad pass, great play by Moseley 

Knox drops some easy ones from time to time but that wasn't one of them. 

If the only time you’re expected to make a catch is when the defender never touches you, then receivers need to be paid a lot less.

But reality is that we see amazing receptions by other teams receivers every week. As Steve Tasker said today “it would be nice if the wide receivers could make a contested catch every now and then”.

It’s a drop, in my opinion.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.