Gregory Rousseau is becoming elite

Mikie2times

14 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Serious question that I’m too lazy to dig on.  Did Groot have any sacks after Von went down?

He had 5 in 7 games with him and 3 in 5 games without him.  So, he actually had a better rate without him.     Still trying to figure out how 8 sacks in 14 games is elite. Including a whopping 3 tackles and no sacks in two playoff games.  Thats just me though.   Meanwhile the lone elite player that had on their defense this year, who just happens to be a linebacker had 3 sacks in 2 playoff games.  

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

He had 5 in 7 games with him and 3 in 5 games without him.  So, he actually had a better rate without him.     Still trying to figure out how 8 sacks in 14 games is elite. Including a whopping 3 tackles and no sacks in two playoff games.  Thats just me though.   Meanwhile the lone elite player that had on their defense this year, who just happens to be a linebacker had 3 sacks in 2 playoff games.  

Rousseau is not elite. He's borderline rotational.  AJE and Boogie will not be extended.  We have to pray Von stays healthy next season.  Our DL is in trouble.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Lots of Groot talk. But the amount of draft and cap capital spent on the DL is insane. The bill is now due.

AJE, Harrison Philips, Basham, Rousseau, Oliver. All picked in the top 100.

I was as psyched as anybody for the Von signing. But that also meant we were paying top 5 money for another player who was supposed to get after the QB after spend 6 top 100 picks on them with no results. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Rousseau is not elite. He's borderline rotational.  AJE and Boogie will not be extended.  We have to pray Von stays healthy next season.  Our DL is in trouble.  

This is actually a major issue. We won’t have any DE’s on the roster and we don’t have any money with a ton of holes at other position groups that needs to be addressed through the draft. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

This is actually a major issue. We won’t have any DE’s on the roster and we don’t have any money with a ton of holes at other position groups that needs to be addressed through the draft. 

This is going to be said for the entire roster. I think there could be a real chance the overall roster is weaker next year. We could lose some key guys to FA. Not  be active signing in FA. And we GOT TO hit on some draft picks

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

This is going to be said for the entire roster. I think there could be a real chance the overall roster is weaker next year. We could lose some key guys to FA. Not  be active signing in FA. And we GOT TO hit on some draft picks

We have something like 23 UFA and are $10M over the cap next year. We’ll have to borrow from the future just to put a team on the field next year. 

This staff will have to hit on their top 100 picks and get them starting immediately next year. 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

We don't know WHAT we have until Frazier is replaced. Singling our Rousseau is counterproductive and ridiculous.

Problem with this is this is the defense the HC wants to run. You can cut Frazier, but it really won't solve a problem. Its just scapegoating

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'll cut Rousseau some slack. His ceiling was always going to come in year 3. He took off an entire year from football and only started 15 games in college. It is not a surprise that he hit the wall late in his sophomore season. Teams can double/chip him with Von out of the picture. He was forced into too many snaps because of that injury. I still see Rousseau as a foundational piece of this defense. He and Milano are the only two that I see as 100% long-term starters here.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Mango said:

Lots of Groot talk. But the amount of draft and cap capital spent on the DL is insane. The bill is now due.

AJE, Harrison Philips, Basham, Rousseau, Oliver. All picked in the top 100.

I was as psyched as anybody for the Von signing. But that also meant we were paying top 5 money for another player who was supposed to get after the QB after spend 6 top 100 picks on them with no results. 

The Von Miller pick was validation that McDermott screwed up on the previous 6 failed DL picks. Whoever is scouting your DL you might want to dismiss.

1 hour ago, Dan in Owego said:

You want sacks then quit giving damn near 10 yard cushions, also didn't many stunts or twists either

I about lost my mind when we lined up to blitz on third down and had our CBs 10 yards off the line. Easy throw for a first by Burrow. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.