NFL Week #14 - Jets at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

You guys are depressing as hell!  4 game win streak, baby!

Dorsey killed my mood apologies all around.

Great that we pulled out the win despite his game plan.

Credit to the coaching staff for that short yardage play that drew the Jets offside.

That was a bright spot.

Felt that Allen got the ball where it needed to be quite a bit, but receivers could not find the handle with the wet ball.

We need to find an OC that knows how to create a game plan for the elements because it's Buffalo.

Will just leave it at that.

Good run against the AFC East, just need to keep up the momentum and continue to get guys healthy.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1

24 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Dorsey and his playcalling has been pretty bad all season. But today was particularly bad on those last drives before the 2 minute warning

i hate how quickly we abandon the run in general. Especially in a game like this

I loved the call to knox on first - you play to win the game. Knox dropped it

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

We need to catch the ball.  That’s the big issue.  And we miss a Beasley type in the slot who can function as a reliable extension of the running game. 

This offense is absolutely screaming for a good slot receiver. Yes the OLine sucks and a possession outside WR2 would add a lot as well....but man, a Beasley from 2 years ago would change a hell of a lot.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Any of you gents know what’s going on with the postgame show on WGR? Every few weeks or so all I can get streaming on the Audacy app or through their website is national coverage after the game. Most weeks the post game comes on without issue. Anyone else dealing with this?

You can sidestep all those issues if you listen using VLC player or similar.

The link is http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/pls/WGRAM.pls

PS: Use the Play network stream on the file menu of VLC to play WGR anytime, anywhere

Edited by HunTim
Further Info added

28 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

Disappointing for a “revenge” game. Are the Jets better than expected or are we just a little overrated? 
Happy with a win it just doesn’t seem like we are very sharp for late in the season.

I really believe they're top 3 in defense, if not top 2.

I'm disappointed with the play as well, but they weren't sharp late on last season. Remember the games against the Flacons and Jets to close the season? Wins but there was nothing convincing about them.

For a team like the Bills the key is to get to the playoffs, try and at least get a home game if not the number 1 seed and then turn it on when everything goes up a notch. That's what they did last year. I'd be shocked if they suddenly look that good again this season but we'll see

• Agree 1

This was a hard fought, gritty, tough win against a Divisional opponent. I don’t care how it gets done, we got the needed W.

That being said, my Dorsey-meter is shifting more negative after that horrendous game plan a week after I thought he called his best game of the season against New England. How TF does he not have a plan to exploit those LBs in coverage? It took him 2 quarters to make any type of adjustment and start throwing over the middle. That should have happened after the first 3 and out. 

D-line has been playing lights out since Von went down. Interesting.

McKenzie should have all his touches given to Shakir except for a few gadget plays. He can’t catch the easy ones and isn’t dependable. He’s not going to cut it in the playoffs.

Knox finally gets a few touches. How he has not been more involved in the game plans is beyond me. Figure it out Dorsey.

Allen is a warrior. Even when he’s not “On” he makes things happen. He keeps bailing out Dorsey on his raw ability. Why does it seem so many other teams have easy throws schemed wide open for receivers but Josh is almost always throwing into tight windows. Pisses me off

Again, great W. Gotta win these, it sharpens us for the playoffs. I’d like more help from the OC though.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 7

Just now, Turbo44 said:

I loved the call to knox on first - you play to win the game. Knox dropped it

What about our receivers handling passes today made that a high-percentage play.

It stopped the clock, and that was dumb.

Draining the clock when you are up by a few scores is playing to win.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Dorsey killed my mood apologies all around.

Great that we pulled out the win despite his game plan.

Credit to the coaching staff for that short yardage play that drew the Jets offside.

That was a bright spot.

Felt that Allen got the ball where it needed to be quite a bit, but receivers could not find the handle with the wet ball.

We need to find an OC that knows how to create a game plan for the elements because it's Buffalo.

Will just leave it at that.

Good run against the AFC East, just need to keep up the momentum and continue to get guys healthy.

Detroit too…they are absolutely on fire.  We are the only team to beat them in their last 6.  That’s turning into a huge win on re evaluation lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We won and that’s great.  But in 62 years of watching the Bills I don’t know if I have ever seen dumber play calling.  That backwards run to the short side of the field by Josh?  The idiotic pass to Knox when we should run and make them use their TOs?  Not running the ball more in general?  Dorsey was a moron today.

They won in spite of themselves.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills pass catchers did not come up big today but I legit give credit to the jets secondary for a lot of that. They made hella plays. 

The Jets deserved to win that game. Mike White looked like what Josh Allen is supposed to be. Our O-line is garbage. McKenzie, Davis, Knox dropping balls. Defense and special teams won the game.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.