Panthers release Baker Mayfield

SCBills

8 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Best case scenario he gets to hold a clipboard somewhere and only has to play to hold a team together until the actual QB gets back.

He can make good money that way, he just isn't a QB1.

I mean, he made alot if money. I agree it isnt his fault he was overdrafted, but what if he was a 4th round pick? He would have made a fraction of what he has.

He made alot for his talent level, no one should feel bad for him.

Yeah fair enough. Just such a blow to the pride. Oh well.  I’m over it!

8 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

He is going to go into movies.  Unless he wants the back up money.  

Backup QB is the best job in the world. You make millions to sit on your butt and nobody expects anything of you when you do have to play. Case Keenum looked absolutely horrible this preseason and he's making like $4 million this year 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

42 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Gotta love that Shanahan said he would be surprised if they pick up Mayfield. 

I'd think about it if I was the niners. I personally don't think baker is good. But if im the niners who are looking for a super bowl run, why not? How many below average qbs have looked great in Shanahans system. At the least baker could bring swagger and starting experience. Will baker lead the niners to a super bowl? Very unlikely. But if Purdy goes out and craps the bed and the niners lose 1st round of playoffs, the niner fans will be asking why they didn't at least try out baker.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Could have them all on a USFL roster in the not-too distant future.  I am still mad at Rosen - for being wanted by some on this board ahead of Allen!  Can't ever forgive him.

If you go back & look at the members of the media who trashed the Bills for taking Allen, almost all of them were those who had Rosen as the top QB of the draft.  They sounded offended that the Bills had the gall to think they knew more than these media "experts" .  

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Baker will always have Skip Bayless.

And he still won't move off that position (at least publicly). 

He still thinks Baker Mayfield is great, hammers old points on his 2018 and 2020 seasons, excuses 2021 because of his shoulder injury, while giving a ton a credit for almost wins and isolated drives/throws this year. 

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

He still thinks Baker Mayfield is great, hammers old points on his 2018 and 2020 seasons, excuses 2021 because of his shoulder injury, while giving a ton a credit for almost wins and isolated drives/throws this year. 

Skip never moves off of a position. That's his schtick. Still hates LeBron and loves Tebow.  

33 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Skip Bayless lost every fight he's ever been in because of the time it takes to remove his Member's Only jacket!

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

Skip Bayless lost every fight he's ever been in because of the time it takes to remove his Member's Only jacket!

I just have this image of Skip telling a dude about the kick his ass to wait a minute while he carefully folds his Member's Only jacket and tucks in his shirt. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.