Week 13: Bills at Pats on TNF

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

RB chip and go out into the flats, motion RB out of backfield pre snap and get him in space on one of their 260 pound slow LBs...some good options there. We will see what they do tomorrow! 

of all the games to look at having sweeney line drive block - this is it.

but i'd be ready to get Gillam and the TE from BGSU geared up with a few specialty plays. plays we miss from daboll. that TE from BGSU has disappeared despite being very capable of contributing in a double TE set. 

i'd love to see some 12 formations tomorrow

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I realize you think it's hilarious, but when you've been trying to work your way out of a financial hole caused by divorce and support, you don't really have a HUGE pile of money to be tossing around.

Since this is the first year I've ever really gambled on football, and given that I'm not very well off, I figured I'd start small. The results have been encouraging.

The amount itself isn't what's hilarious, so no need for the sob story. The hilarious part is that you said you've been making good money all year.

42 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Could very well be, also could be other things I mentioned along with it. 

I feel like most of the reasons you listed would most likely be a direct cause of the elbow injury (ie. confidence; Dorsey possibly dialing back the calls/playbook)

7 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

I hope to see more 4/5 wide to be honest. Spread em out and use speed. Josh is great in the pocket, he can step up/around pressure. 

Definitely some TE/RB chips to slow down the pass rush some, and some PA, but mostly I want to see a spread offense and Josh getting the ball out. 

Id agree, as long as guys can get separation quickly from the LOS. They’ve had trouble with this, I don’t expect it 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

of all the games to look at having sweeney line drive block - this is it.

but i'd be ready to get Gillam and the TE from BGSU geared up with a few specialty plays. plays we miss from daboll. that TE from BGSU has disappeared despite being very capable of contributing in a double TE set. 

i'd love to see some 12 formations tomorrow

I don’t love two TEs vs a defense built to thump, personally. I’d rather spread them out so they can’t. 

6 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I don’t love two TEs vs a defense built to thump, personally. I’d rather spread them out so they can’t. 

Against this thumping defense with 2 or 3 matchups to exploit we can keep their big bodies in and burn them on speed. It's a little abstract and not traditional thinking but forcing them in the box and trying to match our speed passing the ball could be big.

I see this as a game where the bills will get 30-40 points if the weather is good. 

• Like (+1) 2

Tomorrow we get back on track, i have seen a vision of a Patriots team so humiliated so humbled that even the most hardened hearts among us will take pity on them. Time to bring the tomato plants in it's December and it is big boy time, so pull up your pants and tighten your belt things are about to get real!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

I feel like most of the reasons you listed would most likely be a direct cause of the elbow injury (ie. confidence; Dorsey possibly dialing back the calls/playbook)

Not necessarily....confidence could come from the bad INTs because it started before he hurt the elbow. Also as I assume you saw how Josh reacted after those INTs during the Packers and Jets game. Clearly it got to him way more than it should have the way he reacted. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nosejob said:

Please post observations.

Last year's pats playoff game wasn't the game I was remembering regarding the Singletary quick passes though he and Reggie G caught consecutive check downs to the top of the screen to keep a drive alive. 

Other things I noticed:

The playbook was "Josh Allen Playoff mode" - multiple called designed qb runs. 

Dawkins shut down Judon, whom the announcer said had been in a lull with 4 games without a sack. The entire Oline played well and Knox was left free to run routes and catch passes. His disappearing act this season remains a mystery to me. 

Barnmore was coming off an injury and Duggar had a club cast on one arm. 

Hydes int remains a thing of beauty. 

McKenzie had another good game. He was running end arounds and catching passes. 

Basically the offense moved the ball effortlessly against the hoodies vaunted defense, using practically every skill position available. The Patriots were straight up outgunned and had no answer.

Let's hope we can recreate this magic tomorrow night. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.