Week 13: Bills at Pats on TNF

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

L it of football left to play. They're very overrated imo and had a soft schedule 

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I think Beasley retired at halftime 

So!  How 'bout those Bills? Think all the "Get Well Cards" Allen's elbow received did some good and his throws will be a bit more consistent today?

Maybe we should start sending get well cards to Von Miller's Lateral Meniscus, c/o One Bills Drive.  Thoughts?

Go Bills! 

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This game will be about which OT gets Josh Allen hit more, Quessenberry or Spencer Brown.

Run Josh RUUUUN!

Yeah, truthfully...this is my biggest concern.  I think Dorsey is still in that stage of his development as an OC where he gets all caught up in the X's and the O's and forgets about the Jimmies and the Joes.

We have a backup LT and a guy who unfortunately, probably should be a backup RT playing against Judon.  Dorsey Better Have a Plan for him.

They're both good run blocking tackles, so maybe we can get something rolling on the ground.

Would also be a fine day for a short passing game.

Belicheck seems focused on preventing big plays and preventing long Josh Allen runs.  So maybe there will be some room for that.

Edited by Beck Water

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

There are several times that I've picked the Bills to win. More often than a loss. In fact, I think the Bills should win tomorrow. 

Have you seen the last 7 or 8 games the Bills have played? Why would you or anyone else suggest, imply, or infer an easy win or blow out by the Bills? Yet, we have many here thinking a win put is plausible. Go figure. 

Anyone who watched the games knows the Packers, Jets, Vikings games were heading to blowouts until Josh made a few unusual errors in the Packers/Jets games, and the defense allowed Cook that long run in the Vikings game. 

No I don't think there are easy wins, but we have a good chance to win every remaining game.

Steelers - 38-3 - Blow out

Chiefs - 24-20 - Contested game, both defenses stepped up against both Mahomes and Allen but both still made plays

Packers - 27-10 - 4th Quarter Packers turnover on downs, Josh throws an interception, Rodgers throws an interception, then Allen throws an interception right back.

Jets - 14-3 (Should've been 17-3 or 21-3 if it weren't for Josh's interception on the Jets 13 yard line - After half defense causes a fumble, then Josh throws it right back to them giving them the ball at the Buffalo 19 soon to be 17-14 Jets)

Vikings - 27-10 - 1:34 left 3rd quarter - 81 Yard Cook run

Browns - 31-16 with 1:56 left in 4th quarter

Lions - Contested game

Throw in the Rams, Titans and Ravens game and yeah if you watch the games, we have the potential to blow people out more than have contested games. In fact we've led by 2 scores in every game except Dolphins, Ravens, Chiefs, and Lions.

4-0 2 score games

4-3 1 score games

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Disagree 1

Patriots All-Access coverage of the game

It's long with a lot of fluff in there - it's like an amalgamation of all the various little feature pieces and interviews the Bills do during the week.

Some key points:

-It's gonna be Devin McCourty's 200th game.  Kraft showed up during his presser and presented him with a special framed collage.  It's a bit of a big deal for them

-Mention that the Bills D is "dinged up" but still a good D

-Mention that the Bills have been "sloppy in the details" with "too many turnovers".  "he's thrown 7 turnovers in the last 5 games".  It's True!

-They feel that means the Bills are vulnerable, but, as one of their commentators said "It's like you're getting a Porsche, and you find out you're getting the base model.  It's still a very nice car"

-I didn't hear mention of our two big "Out for the Game", Von Miller and Dion Dawkins.  On OL, the Patriots have perennially fielded a good OL with backups, so they may under appreciate how big that may be for the Bills.  Still, we did manage to function against the Lions, so Think Positive.

-Not just Belicheck, but several player interviews (which may more accurately reflect what the coaches are dinning into them) stressed Josh Allen's running ability and his ability to break big runs, so they need to work together and contain him.  Josh recently had games of 86, 84, and 78 yds rushing (the Browns game was an outlier with 3 attempts for 7 yds) so perhaps there is reason for that stress.

Matt Parrino believes Patriots Week is still a big deal to Sean McDermott:

Says that things get very buttoned-up in press conferences, media availability in practice shrinks, the Bills were late out of practice on their Thursday-equivalent (which would be Monday).

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

Anyone who watched the games knows the Packers, Jets, Vikings games were heading to blowouts until Josh made a few unusual errors in the Packers/Jets games, and the defense allowed Cook that long run in the Vikings game. 

No I don't think there are easy wins, but we have a good chance to win every remaining game.

Steelers - 38-3 - Blow out

Chiefs - 24-20 - Contested game, both defenses stepped up against both Mahomes and Allen but both still made plays

Packers - 27-10 - 4th Quarter Packers turnover on downs, Josh throws an interception, Rodgers throws an interception, then Allen throws an interception right back.

Jets - 14-3 (Should've been 17-3 or 21-3 if it weren't for Josh's interception on the Jets 13 yard line - After half defense causes a fumble, then Josh throws it right back to them giving them the ball at the Buffalo 19 soon to be 17-14 Jets)

Vikings - 27-10 - 1:34 left 3rd quarter - 81 Yard Cook run

Browns - 31-16 with 1:56 left in 4th quarter

Lions - Contested game

Throw in the Rams, Titans and Ravens game and yeah if you watch the games, we have the potential to blow people out more than have contested games. In fact we've led by 2 scores in every game except Dolphins, Ravens, Chiefs, and Lions.

4-0 2 score games

4-3 1 score games

You can't play woulda, shoulda, coulda in football. If that's the case the Chiefs and Raven fans absolutely feel like they should have won the games against Buffalo. Early in the year, the Bills were healthy and  dominate. They blew out teams. However, that early version of the Bills team is not what we see now. Not even close. No need to list all the injuries we all know them. 

Some might say if you have 2 score leads and lose the game your team isn't very good. Right? Or at the very least your team has some major issues to address. 

I'll stand by my statement that there's no way in hell this Bills team wins out. It's really blind homerism if people think that is a reality. 

Edited by newcam2012

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This game will be about which OT gets Josh Allen hit more, Quessenberry or Spencer Brown.

Run Josh RUUUUN!

The Pats have the number 2 QB pressure rate in the league. I believe they are top 5 in sacks as well. Judan leads the league in sacks. The Bills oline is injured and down their best player. I hope Allen doesn't get killed back there. Maybe he should run the ball 20 times. The Jets, Dolphins, Browns, Detroit, and Vikings pressured him somewhat consistently. How the heck are they going to stop a better unit in the Pats? More running since the Pats are vulnerable to the run, spread them out in 5 wide formations, more screens, etc...

Almost game time. Can't wait to watch the game. Huge division game. Still think the Bills are a better team just because of Josh Allen. However, we need the best Allen on Thursday night. 

24 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'll stand by my statement that there's no way in hell this Bills team wins out. It's really blind homerism if people think that is a reality.

Why couldn't they win out? Don't know if they will or not but I don't see why you think there's "no chance in hell" they couldn't. They went through a little slump last season and worked their way out of it only to win out the last few games. Who's to say it won't happen again?

It's not blind homerism for people to think the reality is that it's certainly possible

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

There are several times that I've picked the Bills to win. More often than a loss. In fact, I think the Bills should win tomorrow. 

Have you seen the last 7 or 8 games the Bills have played? Why would you or anyone else suggest, imply, or infer an easy win or blow out by the Bills? Yet, we have many here thinking a win put is plausible. Go figure. 

Sometimes I wonder literally if you read the posts you were responding to before you type. What did you get out of? There are no push over teams that would indicate a reason to post that.

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

You think the Vegas oddsmakers are a bunch of blind Bills homers?  ‘Cause we’ll be favored in every game from here on out.

Dont worry.  Nobody thinks you're a homer.  In fact, some people here probably think you're not a Bills fan.  I gotta give you credit though.  You're negative through and through.  You've been very consistent on that.  Why can't the Bills run the table?  They'll be favorites in at least 5 of the last 6 games.  Maybe a slight dog against the Bengals.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

You can't play woulda, shoulda, coulda in football. If that's the case the Chiefs and Raven fans absolutely feel like they should have won the games against Buffalo. Early in the year, the Bills were healthy and  dominate. They blew out teams. However, that early version of the Bills team is not what we see now. Not even close. No need to list all the injuries we all know them. 

Some might say if you have 2 score leads and lose the game your team isn't very good. Right? Or at the very least your team has some major issues to address. 

I guess that means the Chiefs weren't very good last year since they blew 2 score leads in both games against the Bengals.

1) Chiefs never led by more than 3 points, so....? Yes, Ravens should have closed their games, just like they should have against the Dolphins.

2) The Bills are 5-2 in games where they had 2 score leads at any point in the game. Like I already told you, the two losses were Vikings/Jets where Josh and the defense made a few game changing mistakes. We played good games if it weren't for those mistakes. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.